1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

1 year since Junior Seau's death...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Moses, May 2, 2013.

1. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    Just wanted to say, I miss the guy, and I can't believe a year has gone by so quickly.

RIP

From chargers.com:

It’s been exactly one year since the passing of Junior Seau, and the death of one of the greatest Chargers in team history still resonates within the organization and the entire city of San Diego.
    “He will always be missed,” said Chargers President Dean Spanos. “It’s been said and will continue to be said that his contributions off the field were in some ways even more important than his contributions on the field. It is going to be somewhat empty going forward without him. His personality through his leadership kept this team thriving through some very difficult times. With him, we went to the Super Bowl which was the pinnacle of our franchise to date. I’m proud that he was around and a part of some of our highs. He kept us running at a high level. He never gave up and always came to work with a positive attitude and wouldn’t accept otherwise.”

Seau was clearly not only one of the greatest Chargers on the field, but he was the soul of San Diego. His impact still resonates throughout the entire city.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,574 / 44 / -6
    I'm more pissed off at the dude than sad, another early jump offside. He chose a permanent solution to a temporary problem in a most selfish way. He can't help anyone from wherever he is now, what a waste!!!!!!!
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,768 / 47 / -26
    Thanks for that sensitive and understanding take on depression and CTE.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,379 / 36 / -16
    His life is a reminder that sometimes sweet, smiling guys who
    firmly grip your hand and call you "Buddee!" are hiding some
    serious hurt. That May 12 "celebration of life" at the Q really
    did help me get over it and find (semi) closure. Thanks, and bye, Junior.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 11 / -0
    It's a awful place to be when suicide becomes a legitimate option in your mind.

Imagine living a life full of pain, uncontrollable mood swings, constant insomnia and fear. If you can't find some empathy for someone in that situation you need a reality check. Mental illness, whether you come by it naturally or as a result of brain injury, is no joke and the impact it can leave on the lives of it's victims (and their loved ones) can be devastating. To imply that his suicide was simply "selfish" is foolish and cruel.

Sometimes you just want the pain to stop, sometimes there's no one there in your greatest moments of weakness and despair to help you get through. If you've never experienced a low like that, consider yourself lucky, but don't trivialize the experience for those of us who have.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    Suicide is such a tough thing to try and comprehend. Most of us would never know what it feels like to legitimately feel so low that dying is actually worth considering.

More than anything, it makes me sad that there are people going through such dark times in their lives, also sad that their families have to pick up the pieces after, and also very grateful that I have never been that low or had someone close to me in that situation.

Seau was a childhood hero for a lot of us, for many of us a part of the reason we started loving this team, it's tragic that while he seemed such an upbeat guy that he had these problems we never knew about.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +414 / 5 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,137 / 4 / -0
    Thank you for this, Syd. You've described that kind of desperation very, very well. I wish I didn't know what it feels like, but I do, and I can't imagine judging anyone for it. :(