1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

12 Questions: Tomlinson’s redemption shot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Obviously, this chick can rumble with the best of them.

Trumpy is a Warrior.

Sydalish is a Warrior.

That is all.:flag:

Oh and I almost forgot...Trade LT.
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    He keeps running out of bounds .... :lol:
  3. Chuck F.

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You're not a real fan Trumpy.:lol:
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Nobody said you had to agree with me. :lol:

How much does a running back have left who will be over 30 years old next year and who has played EIGHT going on NINE years in the league ? :icon_shrug:

Oh and the average life expectancy of a RB in the NFL is something like 2.6 years per a recent study done by the players union about 5 years ago.

You want a Super Bowl or not ? You can not fall in love with your players when you look at the team as a business and for the FUTURE.

I never wanted Dan Fouts to retire and I knew it was time. LT still has gas in the tank. Nobody is cutting LT's huevos off here by stating TRADING him. Get over the school girl hurt feelings. This is the big leagues and not patty cakes.

LT is also the highest or one of the highest paid RB's in the league and you have a budget and little time to get it done.

How long do YOU keep LT ?

I bet you can not even give me a rational sane answer that does not include "but I love him" ... Well no **** sherlock? Who doesn't ?
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Man it is the same story over and over isn't it ? :lol:

Next Concudan will say that I have hated LT every inch of the way and I am not a Chargers fan.

Fans hate the freaking TRUTH. They like to throw caca instead and then kick, scratch, deflect and deny. :icon_banana:
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    No where. The only thing that has changed is you, Bugle Boy and a few others want internet cred, and to get it you will nay say LT until the eventuality something happens to him.

Then you will all crow about how many years you had been right, and post to each other about what warriors you are, and what legends you are...

That about sums it up... :lol:
  7. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    No I will not say that.

It depends on how many beers you have had as to what you think of players.

I also know you keep a big knife behind your back. Brees, LT, and Rivers have seen it, I am waiting for your man crush Hart to feel it.
  8. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Find another way. LT deserves to retire a Bolt, period. We have a draft, use it. We have bad beef, discard it.

LT is bought and paid for. He won't get us the picks people think. Want him in a Pats uni? I'd fucquing kill myself. Seau was bad enough. I support thy quest for beef o' noble knight, but there are a myriad of ways to succeed in that quest. I hate the way you suggested above, I must admit.

By the way, he's not even one of the top twenty highest players in the league, including RB's. His salary is back-end structured. He still has game, and will for some time and he still makes teams adjust for him. Keep him, the legacy is building and will finish in San Diego.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    I don't think LT needs to do anything but breathe to portray himself as a hero in the city of San Diego.
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    Perhaps if someone would have stated it the way Trumpy did in the post you quoted with the :bow: smiley nobody would have gotten their proverbial panties in a bunch.

Instead, both you suggested he was faking it for the purpose of making himself look like a hero to the fans, or to provide an "excuse" for himself should he struggle. (Which is completely different from faking it to pull the Colts off guard.)
  11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    I can buy your reasoning of trying to catch the Colts off guard, but that's not what you was suggesting at first.
  12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    tolbert? are u ****ing kidding me? :icon_rofl: yogi bear has some learning to do
  13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    Sounds about right.
  14. Chuck F.

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Conc, in all honesty, I would say you're a legend and a warrior also. Just a terribly misguided fanboy from time to time. But you certainly stop short of not being able to call out players or Norvy which makes you not a delusional homer IMO.

But you are correct, me and Trumpy are indeed great.:yes::lol::flag:
  15. Chuck F.

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Ahh...now you're talking Hollywood.:yes:

From my viewpoint...it is a bit of all three of the above.

Another one who gets it.
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6
    I just think it's odd that both LT and Gates pull up lame in the second half. Could Norv, be pulling a fast one and be trying to mind mess with the Colt's, or are they both really dinged up???

Last year we never knew how badly injured Philip was until after the loss to the Pat's. One thing I learned last year about Norv and this team, they play it close to the vest. :bolt: :tup: :icon_eek:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    This one sentence should speak volumes. Now we have the Law of Diminishing returns working in concert with an accelerated hit to the salary cap. There gets a point to where you have to cut your losses and to where it starts to hurt the team.

Ideally fans would like all the players to be another Tony Gywnn or to retire with the team which drafted you.

The NFL has no such luxuries.

Feigning defiance to the inevitable just makes the separation anxieties worse. :yes:

BEEF.
  18. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    :lol: nice...

Other posters would have responeded with some diatribe about not wanting to box. Well done.

LT is still the man! :icon_banana:
  19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    That is the way I see it as well. It is not a stretch either when you look at the whole picture.

Maybe there is hope that more "get it" ? :lol:
  20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Thanks, rule12b. That's what many of us who don't "get it" have been saying. Back-end structured or not, there are things that LT brings to this organization that won't be easily replaced.

Do I want beef? Sure - it's a must-have. It can be gotten w/o trading LT. When we look at where we're going to be in a few months, were Weddle & Hester worth as much as we gave? I like them both, but would rather have the 2nds back. If AJ is GAWD - prove it.

Or call him a *****. :icon_huh:

LT should be treated like any other player if he isn't performing. Bench him for a better option. That's a lack of nuts by the coach not to make that call.

Chuck is a warrior. :rockout: :icon_tease:
  21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Stop posting like a woman. Your "but I love LT and to replace him...." is getting too drippy. If you need a hankie for the sniffles, go get one. Man up and do what is right. LT will not retire a BOLT. People needs to embrace this fact like the air we breathe.

There is no such thing as an amicable divorce. The divorce papers are being drawn up as we speak. That is reality and that is harsh but that is the way it will playout unless LT says "I quit" and retires early ala Barry Sanders. :yes:

Bank it.
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    I can buy the "faking out the Colts" motive

the other 2, not so much.

LT doesn't need to feign injury to make himself a hero in the city of San Diego.

He's already achieved that status a long time ago.
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    If the accusation that he's faking an injury is true somehow I doubt he plays like ****.
  24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Do you ever ask yourself how LT really FEELS seeing the torch being passed to Rivers as the NEW face of this team?

Rivers performance with a blown ACL certainly pushed him over the top and this years performance so far just ices it.

Is it LT the humble and benevolent or LT the seething jealous player at work in the shadows ? :icon_eek:

The plot thickens :icon_eek:
  25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    If LT really was that jealous of Rivers then **** him for not being the team player I always thought he was.

That said, I'm an innocent until proven guilty believer and, until I see some proof of this I'm going to dismiss it for the hogwash it sounds like.
  26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Let me go on record quickly (like it will matter in a forum :lol:) to say I do not think LT is the seething jealous type.

It will not matter I say this because Concudan will twist it and then some hormonal fan will say "you think he sucks". :yes:
  27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    If he pulls an Emmitt Smith I won't complain.
  28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    So you don't really think that accusation (that he'd do it out of jealousy of Rivers) is true and you was just throwing that out there as a remote possibility?

I still can't buy any motivation for him faking an injury, except maybe to try and catch the Colts off guard by making them think he's injured. (Which he has to do the same with the public for it to work.)
  29. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I dont have to twist it. You will post something contradicting this post in less than an hour! :lol:
  30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    No matter how remote, I have to be true to myself first and I have to ask the question. If I am thinking it, I goddamm guarantee someone elses has thought about it and were too afraid to post it OR dismissed it real quickly like most would knowing LT's character and demeanor. You still have to ask the question to keep your **** honest. I don't sense a rift or ill will but it is not out of the realm of possibilities that as age creeps in and a new hero is annointed that maybe...just maybe ......