1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

1981 CHARGERS VS MIAMI

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by megold0715, Sep 17, 2008.

1. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Im sitting here 3000 miles away from california watching the 1981 chargers playing the fins at the orange bowl fouts dumpin a lil flash pass to james brooks leading 24 nothing with 1 minute left its cray this was one of the first games i remember seeing when i was a kid besides a jets chargers gme when i was younger ,and through thick and thin for the next 25 plus years ive been rooting for them through good times bad times and will there my team ,what this thread all comes down to is on monday night im goin to be screaming my brains out and im really just tired of all negativity surrounding the chargers like fans fighting with each other etc..... so basically i just have one thing to say ,i bleed the blue and gold and it better be fkin loud in that stadium on monday,
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...It comes with the territory. We all vent in different ways on different levels. What's happened so far is very frustrating. We've all been waiting for the season to start ever since our Bolts left New England after coming so close. To have the injuries, a suspension, slow recoveries, more injuries, a fluke of a tipped TD pass, then the biggest injustice of all, referees actually taking a game, just seems like a cruel, cruel joke. I sometimes just sit in stunned silence. Other times I feel like complaining...that's when I come here. If you're a sports fan with any level of passion...you're going to go through everything emotionally. Then just when you think you've seen everything, something happens to teach you a new lesson in frustration all over again!
  3. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    I totally understand and like to vent too , i do however know exactly what your talking about i flew to california 7 times last year ans was t the afc championship game as well and was crushed when i got home finding out that i won the lottery for superbowl tickets if the chargers would have won being a season ticket holder it bothers me when people wit the same goal rip into each other ,but i do understand the different personalities and different point of views one last thing i have to say is i hope everyone puts all there difernces aside and scream there lungs out whild THIER offense is on the field
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...Amen to that my Boltfriend :tup:
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    No offense y'all but I'll wager there were whiners *****ing about how the Chargers blew a 24 point lead and fell for the hook and lateral play, and let a back up QB shred the porous Chargers D.

And even in victory, as Charger teammates were dragging Winslow off the field, there were doom & gloom, woe is me types predicting a loss vs Cincy the next week.

As has been pointed out, that's the nature of the beast.
  6. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    yep and don strock dismantled our defensive backfield like cutler did last weekend except the chargers came away with the win see ya monday toby youll be at te game right
  7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'll be there Bro; I'll be the one NOT whining.
  8. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0

And if they did predict a loss to Cincy the following week they were.....uhhm...wrong?:icon_huh:
  9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    No but what's the point in being so negative, if Football makes you that angry or pisses you off so much that you're always negative maybe you shouldn't watch.

I know people get pissed but some of the stuff I've read is just flat out stupid (mostly on the UT though).
  10. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Oh I agree. There is a fine line between getting carried away with hammering the team when they suck and appearing to be too soft with an "everything's fine" attitude.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth.
  11. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Well said, Chuck.:tup:
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    The pussification scale originated on these hallowed pages; some here still believe in it, others think it's funny. My opinion of it is purty well known, so I'll not bother anyone with it now.
  13. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    The 1981 Miami-heat-Bowl was an electrification game for
    me to become a lifelong Charger fan. We couldn't get American TV and I listened to the radio in my room
    from midnight to 4 a.m. walking up and down with excitement.
  14. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    itll be a very defensive game on monday, i know well see someones head come off.

go bolts :bolt:
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    cute story - i invited my parents over to watch the missing rings [they dont have NFL network and are diehard fans since the 70's] and we're watching the "greatest game ever played" clips - my mom tells me, she didn't know it at the time but she was preggo with me when they went to that game :) so technically i was there hehe -- silly but i thought it was kinda cool :icon_shrug:. guess i know why i love the chargers so much :yes: