1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 NFL Power Rankings: Pre-Draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    4. [​IMG] San Diego Chargers (8-8)
    Super Bowl sleeper - Philip Rivers, LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Gates and Shawne Merriman won't be a few months removed from serious injuries this time around. In fact, it seems as though Tomlinson and general manager A.J. Smith have patched things up. Tomlinson even re-added Smith as a friend on Facebook, but Smith hasn't figured out the new layout yet.

http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I still haven't added AJ as a friend on Facebook! :no:
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Giants and Patriots ahead of the Steelers... WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!

Cardinals #16... even a bigger pile of crap!!!

Panther #9... Didn't the Cardinals beat them into obliviation in the playoffs at Carolina?

Eagles #10... Hmmmm since when did losing in the NFC playoffs get you higher than the team you lost to?

Falcons # 14... Didn't they lose the first game in the NFC playoffs? Yet they're still ahead of the NFC Champions.

Ponies #5... Why? Same reason Giants are #2... Manning love!!! :icon_evil:

Cowboys #17... I'm impressed!!! I'm absolutely shocked that they're not in the top 5!!!!

Packer #15... Why? Farv isn't there any more. Maybe because they have 2 games against the Lions? :icon_shrug:

Us at #4... GOOD CALL!!! :tup:
    Clinching the AFC West better be a walk in the park!!! Because the Donks, Retards, and Quiefs suck rat feces!!!
    Getting past the Patsies and Steelers is going to be tough but I think getting past the Titans and Ravens is going to be wayyyyyy tougher than getting past the Ponies!!!

Ponies are on their way down!!!! If Jags get back to their winning ways, they won't even see that playoffs!!! :yes:
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    BTW... shouldn't the Lions be #32?
    I mean the only good thing about finishing at 0-16 is that you can only go up from there but I still have a hard time seeing them as #29 (until proven other wise).

First team in history to finish at 0-16 and they aren't last place in the power rankings... hmmmm!!!!
    Now if the Cowboys finished at 0-16 and got that ranking, I would understand (though it doesn't mean I'd agree) but I don't think NFL has any special love for the Lions or Detroit.

What's up with that? :icon_shrug:
  5. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    1. New England Patriots (11-5)

I love how the Patriots have turned into the New York Yankees. Leigh Bodden, Shawn Springs, Fred Taylor, Chris Baker, Julius Peppers, 34th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft... let's get 'em all! If Tom Brady is truly healthy, I don't see how this team doesn't at least qualify for the Super Bowl.

I like it, but no more undefeated type seasons only to leave he big prize standing in the Giants trophy case. PLEASE!

Anxious to see how this season plays out.
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    You may get Jason Taylor, but you're not getting Peppers. At least that's what Coach Fox says.

Just another case of the media sucking off the Pats.

Merriman is going to bury Tommy boy this year. :abq1:
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,575 / 44 / -6
    Brady is going to have to prove he can still play at the same level he used to. It seems to take most guys a year to get back in previous form.

I hope Merriman can catch his *** and give him a body slam!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Did I mention that I think power rankings, particularly ones this early, are gay? :lol:
  9. Chico Andy

Chico Andy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Rivers is the most underated QB in the league. He's the reason the bolts made it to the playoffs last year, so by giving the bolts #4 they figue LT and our dfense are both going to have decent years
    • Like Like x 1