1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Preseason Schedule

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Attached is the full schedule, but in short this is the Chargers schedule...

WEEK 1: Chicago Bears at San Diego Chargers
    WEEK 2: Dallas Cowboys at San Diego Chargers
    WEEK 3: San Diego Chargers at New Orleans Saints (8/27 on CBS)
    WEEK 4: San Diego Chargers at San Francisco 49ers

Attached Files:

2. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    See you at Candlestick Park!
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    No Seahawks this year?

It would have been interesting with Whitehurst and all.
  4. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings Received:
    +942 / 0 / -0
    Oh well, Cuddles will have to do.
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Time to shred Cutlet. :icon_twisted:
  6. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    :tup:
  7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    Thanks Syd! Weird that they announced the preseason schedule first. Usually the regular season gets announced first.

Think I'll take my boy to da bears game.
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Be sure to point out Cutler & tell him that he's a fa .....ummm, a sissy. :icon_twisted:
  9. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Just heard that Bears game will be Sat 8/14 from my pal who works for the Bolts, I was hoping for Fri 8/13, oh well - Mr. Syd has already been roped into driving my drunk birthday girl butt to the Q so I can yell obscenities at Cutler hahaha :lol:
  10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    :lol:

Last time Dallas came for a preseason game, a ton of their fans showed up. I have to think that the majority of them had never been to a game before and most acted like total as$holes. Glad I didn't take my son with me that game though.

I'm thinking da Bears fans who do show up won't be like that. :bolt:
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    Pictures or it never happened. :icon_tease:

Do you know if it's a day or night game?
  12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    We play in Seattle during the regular season.
  13. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    no idea on day/night but probably night since it's a saturday
  14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Fans to see Bears, Cowboys in preseason

The San Diego Chargers' 2010 preseason schedule features games against some of the NFL’s marquee teams, including the Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys and the reigning Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints.

The Chargers will open the preseason at home against the Bears on the weekend of Aug. 13-15. The exact date and time is to be announced.

San Diego’s high-powered offense will be put to the test by a Bears defense and six-time Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher. The game also will renew the rivalry between quarterbacks Philip Rivers[​IMG] and Jay Cutler and mark Cutler’s first game against the Chargers since being traded to Chicago in 2009. The Chargers roster features several former Bears, including recently signed cornerback Nathan Vasher[​IMG], and several of San Diego’s coaches, including Defensive Coordinator Ron Rivera, also spent time in the “Windy City” as members of Bears’ coach Lovie Smith’s staff. This will be the Bears’ first visit to San Diego for a preseason game since 1982.

Preseason Week 2 (Aug. 20-22) brings another exciting opponent to San Diego when former Chargers Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips leads Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys into Qualcomm Stadium. These teams met just three and a half months ago at the Cowboys’ new home in Arlington, Texas and the Chargers prevailed in a defensive struggle, 20-17. The Cowboys’ high-powered offense features Romo along with running backs Marion Barber and Felix Jones, and receivers Miles Austin and Roy Williams. Dallas’ roster also lists one of the league’s top outside linebackers in NFL sack-leader DeMarcus Ware. This will mark the second time in three years that the Cowboys will play a preseason game in San Diego. The Chargers beat Dallas, 31-17, in a preseason game in San Diego in 2008.

Again, the exact day and time of the game will be announced at a later date.

The Chargers are on the road in Preseason Week 3 when they are featured in a nationally-televised game on CBS against the reigning Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints. It’s a special Friday night telecast on Aug. 27 with kickoff set for 5:00 p.m. PDT. These two teams are extremely familiar with one-another as the Saints are led by former Chargers quarterback Drew Brees and running back Reggie Bush, an alum of Helix High School (La Mesa, Calif.) and the University of Southern California. Saints Head Coach Sean Payton also has San Diego ties, having started his coaching career at San Diego State in 1988.

It is extremely rare for these two teams to meet in the preseason. In fact it will be the first time it’s happened since 1985. The Chargers and Saints had a memorable regular-season meeting in 2008, facing off in an NFL International Series Game in London, a game that wasn’t decided until late in the fourth quarter with the Saints barely prevailing, 37-32. Rivers and Brees posted nearly identical numbers in that game with Rivers passing for 341 yards and three touchdowns, while Brees threw for 339 yards and three scores of his own.

The Chargers will conclude the NFL Preseason slate against one of their oldest preseason rivals, traveling to San Francisco to meet the 49ers at Candlestick Park the weekend of Sept. 2-5. The Chargers and 49ers have met every year in the preseason since 1987 and a total of 37 times dating back to 1968. The Chargers hold a slight 19-18 edge in the series. The 49ers are one of the NFL’s up-and-coming teams, led by Head Coach and Hall of Fame linebacker Mike Singletary and quarterback Alex Smith, a former Heisman Trophy finalist and prep teammate of Bush’s at La Mesa’s Helix High.

Exact dates and kickoff times for the Chargers preseason games against Chicago, Dallas and San Francisco will be announced in the coming weeks.
    Chargers season tickets for the 2010 season are on sale. They can be purchased by calling 877-CHARGERS, visiting www.chargers.com or stopping by the Chargers’ ticket office at Gate C at Qualcomm Stadium, open Monday through Friday from 8-5 pm.
  15. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0

Sorry Syd... merge threads please...
  16. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0

sorry's not gonna cut it mister! :icon_tease:
  17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    But there's no guarantee Whitehurst will be playing that game.

He'd play in a preseason game for sure.
  18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1

They had a rivalry? I just remember Cutler being Philip's b*tch. :lol:
  19. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Have season tickets but never go to preseason games. They are such a waste of time and it always seems that some of the starters get hurt and are lost for the season. I might go to the Bears game just to boo cry baby Cutler.
  20. chiefsgal

chiefsgal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +443 / 0 / -0

do it......and make a sign......:yes: