1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 Player Prospect HQ

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ThunderHorse17, Jan 6, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I think Larry f*cking English needs to get the sand out of his *** and start playing football. OLB wouldn't be a need right now if this guy was even semi productive.

What a wasted draft pick.
  2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 22 / -3
    Jan. 24, 2011 8:55 p.m. - Five players from the East-West Shrine Game who would be a good fit for the Chargers -- 1. Richmond DT Martin Parker. He had 96 tackles and 5½ sacks in 2010, won defensive MVP honors with a pair of sacks and forced a fumble. Parker came into the game as a projected late first-round pick. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: DT
    Jan. 24, 2011 8:52 p.m. - Five players from the East-West Shrine Game who would be a good fit for the Chargers -- 2. North Carolina DT Marvin Austin. He had a fumble recovery for a touchdown and repeatedly drew multiple blockers when rushing the QB. Austin's performance may have elevated him to a late first-round pick. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: DT
    Jan. 24, 2011 8:46 p.m. - Five players from the East-West Shrine Game who would be a good fit for the Chargers -- 3. Florida DE Justin Trattou, who was the Gators' captain in 2010, had four tackles, two for a loss, and a sack. Trattou is described as being a bull rusher, but he would be another work in progress -- like OLB Larry English. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: DE
    Jan. 24, 2011 8:40 p.m. - Five players from the East-West Shrine Game who would be a good fit for the Chargers -- 4. UCF RT Jah Reid, who is 6-7 and 320 pounds, had a solid day pushing around defenders. Reid's size and strength will likely help any team's running game. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: OT
    Jan. 24, 2011 8:35 p.m. - Five players from the East-West Shrine Game who would be a good fit for the Chargers -- 5. Delaware QB Pat Devlin, who is 6-4 and 220-pounds. He stood out among the QBs and could be available in the mid to late rounds. He'd be a nice selection as a developmental backup QB. Chargers RapidReports

Some intersting sounding prospects I havent realy heard of yet. The OT and the QB sound like value if they arent top round canidates and are around post third. I cant imagine that there isnt SOME greats to be had in every draft after the 3rd or 4th round. Even if its a low percentile of those Greats that late, it is nice to know that most of those greats remain great players for solid seasons.

I think one or 2 REAL needs picks for us are OLB, OL and then its deffintatly BPAAPON.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,447 / 19 / -4
    If you believe Todd McShay and Adam Schefter, then both Cameron Jordan and Von Miller are flying up boards with their performances at the senior bowl. Both might not be available at 18 for the Bolts
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +239 / 22 / -3
    There is still more rising and falling to go with upcoming pro days and the combine. Far as I have seen on Von Miller he has already been in the top 25 players in the first. I beleive that both could continue to soar and be MIA by the 18th.
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Figures one month ago I was all about us landing Miller or Carimi......so naturally talk is that they could both go top 10 after their senior bowl week performances.