1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2011 without the NFL

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Dec 16, 2010.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 44 / -6
    Racing in general but motorcycle is the toughest sport there is. Wow, I didn't know that little league's have pitchers that throw 100mph, now that's amazing.
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

I was talking about Major Leaguers. I do enjoy watching Motocross. I used to ride 3-wheelers out at Glamis all the time. They have a AMA Supercross at the Stadium every February after they run the Monster trucks inside Qualcomm. I do like the smell of trick Racing Fuel coming out of the exhaust pipe.
  3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    I used to race motocross, not very well though due to being small for my age group. I just have to say :
    What a retarded thread...
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,585 / 29 / -1
    come on, dude, nobody's talking about little league.
  5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    The thing I disagree with me as a Mini Cart racer at one time it takes a lot of strength, dexterity, extreme depth perception and quick twitch muscles to accomplish being a Racer. That was one of the hardest thing I have ever done.

The opposite was true with baseball. It was for me to easily hit an 85 and above MPH ball traveling toward me. I just was never a power hitter or pulling hitter. In High School I was only as well a .300 hitter. The reason why I did not go further in baseball is I Joined the Military.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    As far as NASCAR, I'll watch it once in a while because of the local boy, Jimmy Johnson.

I don't see NFL going to a lockout. There are owners who have big freaking bills to pay for the mausoleums they built. Many players have signed contracts that are huge.

Neither side wants to derail the money train so a CBA will get done.
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Everyone thought the same thing before the strike. We did not think the strike would happen and bang....strike football.
  8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    I remember, but the dollars involved now are not in the same ball park. Hell they are not on the same planet. Millions back then, now its about Billions. Jerry can't pay the mortgage without butts in the seats.
  9. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In baseball (I don't why this is being discussed) a failing effort is considered good playing. 250 average amounts to a 1 in 4 hits per game. Don't get me wrong I like baseball (mainly because back in the day 3 or 4.50 for a bleachie seat on a beauty day with beer was fun);) Now...? Not worth the price and as far as nascar is concerned, I'd rather go riding. Although I do miss El Cajon speedway.
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    When it comes to racing, motorcycle roadracers absolutely have the biggest balls of all & it's great fun to watch too, especially in person.

As for any free time not taken up by the NFL next year, I'll devote it to more time on the farm, riding, & college football.
  11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +241 / 22 / -3
    I like LeMans and love Rally car races. Skateboarding is a good one to watch.
  12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I love watching the guys do all those freestyle trick jumps on Motorcyles! Flying throught the air 50 high and do a backflip, now that takes balls.
  13. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    ...Convince ESPN2 to start playing "Aussie rules" Football again! haha. As far as motorsports goes, Motorcycle road racers are flat out beyond skill and talent...watch the Isle of Mann TT sometime! Although I would not call motorcycle racing a true "sport" ( I consider mortorsports a different category) I would definitely say that Motorcycle racers are atheletes in the sense that their body is truely part of the machine and it takes a legitimate physical & mental skill to attain being a top racer.
  14. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +265 / 4 / -0
    Skateboarding is ******* awesome. I'm still a skater at heart even though I don't skate anymore. Love watching when I can though
  15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 44 / -6
    I only stated NASCAR as something to do in place of pro football next year. I love acing as much as I do Pro ball,even though some don't consider it a sport, all I can say is go try it. Turbo explained it perfectly just go do 30 laps somewhere wide open, if you make the full 30 let me know how you feel. There is no high I know of quite like the zone and raw speed, Turbo, rep for you.
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    They stopped racing in 2004, I used to love going out to El Cajon Speedway and watch them race out there. I used to know the owner of Jerry Gays Sportsman Car, we used to get free tickets all the time. I have some friends that race out at Barona, both on the track, and the dragstrip. I need to get out there and watch them next season.
  17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I would say the guys who go offroad racing and the motocross guys take a huge pounding, I dont know if i could say that for the asphalt racers.
  18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Doesnt anyone like Drag Racing?
  19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Ever since they stopped using Pistons and they switched to the Turbines I have stopped going , I used to love going down to Mission Bay and watching the Unlimited Hydroplanes racing down there.
  20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    No racing experience here other than an ugly termination of services of one of our local hometown racing teams.

I fired John Bornaman of Bornaman racing. He owns a stucco company Bornaman Plastering. He asked how he could make me happy and I told him if he wanted to make me happy he would collect all of equipment and get the hell off my project and never show up again. I also told the owner he needed to more pay attention to his plastering company versus his racing team. If any of you know him, tell him I said "HI" and if he remembers one of the most exclusive projects in San Diego called "Country Rose" and my foot in his as.s.

The moral of the story for me .... Racing sucks.

The end. :)
  21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    him and Jerry Gay used to go at in the Sportsman Class.
  22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    El Cajon Speedway. What a blast from the past. I grew up out there.

we had a neighbor, Jimmy Cudd, he'd flip his his car in front of the stands just to hear us cheer. I wish I could remember all the great drivers.

Ed Hale was one.
  23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Ed Hale retired, then when Jerry Gay broke his record for all time wins at El Cajon, he came back and started to drive a car in the "Pony" class, or he was driving a souped up Pinto. He wanted that record back.

I love Demolition Derby
  24. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    there was one guy I remember, he was Dale Earnhardt before Dale Earnhardt. Black car, skull & cross bone flag. Good stuff.
  25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    that was before my time
  26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,577 / 44 / -6
    That was John Borneman if it was back in the 70's. El cajon Speedway was a fun place to go on a Saturday night.