1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2012 AFC West Predictions anyone!?!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PRiversMVP619, Apr 1, 2012.

1. PRiversMVP619

PRiversMVP619 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    This might be a tad bit early since the draft has not happened plus training camps BUT I wanna hear everyones opinions on their 2012 predictions for the AFC West.

The only rules: 1) Keep your predictions realistic
    2) Back up your predictions (stats, FA)
    3) Talk smack about the Raiders

Thats about it, are we gonna end up at 7-9 or 13-3? How we gonna fair up against the divisional teams? Hows Rivers, Meachem, Royal, Brown, Floyd, Gates, McClain, Mathews gonna do? O-line continuity? DC Pagano? Bassacia as our Asst HC, Defense? ST disasters again?

YOU TELL ME & FOLLOW THE RULES!!
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Chargers 10-6: A little homerism involved, but I believe Rivers 2011 season was a giant fluke, and I really like the speed we added on offense. On defense It'd be hard for me to believe that Pagano makes the same mistakes Manusky did.

Broncos 8-8: I predict a VERY poor start with a push at the end. Manning is the ultimate creature of habit, now he either has to change to fit John Fox or John Fox has to change to fit him. He's recovering from injury, he's meeting new players, new coaches, a new town etc...

Raiders 6-10: They've lost key players, changed coaches, blew up the front office, I figure a 2 game drop off is fair.

Chiefs 6-10: They could be the most talented team in the division, but Romeo Crennel was GARBAGE in Cleveland. Matt Cassell behind a suspect O-line will once again become a disaster without Charlie Weis, I predict he loses his job by week 4.

At this point the draft won't change my opinion too much, rookies who make immediate impacts are few and far between. If we can solidify a few positions like SS, OLB, and OG with day 1 starters (doubtfull) I might give us another win.
  3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for a guy like me.

Overall, I like the Chargers' chances, but until we get past the draft,
    I won't feel comfortable. Mostly, I just think the Raiders have mortgaged
    their future for a C+/B- quarterback, the Broncos can NOT count on Manning
    being Manning (Threat 1: re-injury, T2: Age, T3: New system / lack of playmakers)...
    so only the Chiefs look scary to me. They managed 7-9 with crucial injuries last year,
    and won 10 games the year before with a 2nd rate roster.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395 / 4 / -0
    Right now...really? Okay then...Chargers 16-0, or 0-16.
    I can see them winning every game or losing every game.
    It really is much too early for this, you were right.

Oh, almost forgot...Raiders suck! :raiderssuck:
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'd have to see the schedule. Who plays who, where, and when is somewhat critical. If I had to assign a point swing I'd say.

SD 10 wins +-4
    Oak 6 wins +-2
    KC 8 wins +-2
    Den 8 wins +-6

Den has such a huge range because no one knows which Payton Manning we're going to see. I put Oakland where they are because they haven't done anything to get better from last season to this one. KC could be good enough to win the division or garbage depending on Cassel. I have us with chances for 6-14 wins because we don't know what we're going to see from Gates/Floyd over the season, we still don't have a SS on the roster, and our O-line may or may not be able to hold up against the better defenses (Hardwick has always been and continues to be a liability against big NT, Clary...).

When the schedule comes out I'll look at each week and call it a win, loss, or push, and see if anything changes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1
    I think we will win the division with 10-11 wins.

I'd also like to predict that Peyton Manning will play in less than 50% of regular season games, and that Oakland will finish bottom of the division.
  7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings Received:
    +65 / 2 / -0
    Broncos 13-3
    Chargers 11-5
    Chiefs 9-7
    Raiders 8-8

This is the way I see it right now unless we do something drastic about our secondary and pass rush. As it stands right now, I see two of our five losses being against Denver because a healthy Manning is going to shread our secondary to pieces. He's going to have all day behind that O-line. Jammer is no longer elite and the only player worth his salt is Eric Weddle.
  8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Depends on who we add in the draft, how our returning front seven players play, and when we play Denver. If VM, Cam, and Liuget all improve over last year (not hard to imagine), and Pagano isn't a complete moron with regard to playcalling/scheme, then we'll likely see a significant improvement over last season from our pass rush. Further, Manning, their line, and their receivers, depending on when in the season we face them, may not be on the same page. All it takes is Manning reading a combo route one way and the receiver reading it another and you can have a pick 6 going the other way. It'll also be interesting to see how effective Denver's running game will be without the triple option Tebow threat. We may see the success Peyton had (in general) in Indy come to Denver. We might also see something that looks alot more like the Kyle Orton led Broncos than the 2004 Manning-led Colts.
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    The Chargers will place either 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th in the division.
  10. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    I'm not super optimistic, mainly because I don't know these new players yet and have no idea how well they'll coalesce around Philip Rivers. I'll reserve any predictions about the season until at least a couple of preseason games have been played, and even then........well, we still have Norv Turner as HC. :cautious:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,685 / 44 / -26
    [​IMG]