1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2013 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SuperCharger92, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Just for fun, they already have us taking Tyrann Mathieu next year, do we trade back in the 2012 draft to get some picks for 2013? I know its unrealistic but imagine if we drafted Mathieu and Manti Te'o in the 1st round next year. :eek:
  2. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    I really want to build in the trenches in this next draft. The guy i REALLY want is Star Lotulelei, he's a flat out monster at NT. But I really like the two OL for Bama, in Barrett Jones and Chance Warmack, either would be great players. Jonathan Hankins would be a solid NT option as well. Not quite as big of a fan of Te'o as some. I think he's a pure Tampa 2 LB, even though he's not small, he plays like it, just doesn't have that mean streak. The guy i'm really hoping falls under the radar till the 3rd-4th rounds is Shane Skov, who's a beast. Heck i'd even like it if we went pass rusher in the first 2 years in a row. The guys in this class seem to have a TON of upside as pass rushers. But this is a good draft for a BIG OL focus. But Barrett Jones just seems like an AJ style pick, insanely smart guy, big physical hard worker.
  3. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1
    I like Manti Te'o, think he's gonna be a great player. As for the "Honey Badger", i always think he's just too small lol.
  4. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    Honey Badger dont give a ****, Honey Badger takes what he want...lol

But Te'o just isn't enough of a downhill player to me. Seems like a much better 4-3 MLB (or actually could play any LB spot in a 4-3) than a 3-4 ILB prospect. He's got great instincts, and is a freak athlete, but really just doesn't play physical enough for me, and we already have a weakside ILB in Butler. If we get a LB next year, it's gotta be of the downhill thumper variety, like Skov to replace Spikes (thats if we really dont like what we see out of Mouton), though there really isn't many good options for thumpers in next years draft. I'm still an advocate of drafting Vontaze in the late rounds if he falls that far to us.

I just really want us to beef up in this draft.
  5. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -1

I know what you mean, I haven't really thought too hard about what type of team Te'o would fit, I just like his style.

I'd also be an advocate of drafting Vontaze if we found ourselves on the lock in the 3rd round and he was there. He's very talented, just a question of getting him to work hard and stay out of trouble. It would be nice to have ourselves a decent young LB to go with Butler, unless Mouton is that guy?? lol
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Players that interest me...

WR - Keenan Allen CAL: 6'3 215lbs and I'd bet he runs a 4.3 flat. 98 catches for 13ooyds as a sophomore with a below average QB.
    ILB - Manti T'eo ND: Fits any scheme. 6'2 255 and can move.
    OLB - Jarvis Jones UG: Needs to add bulk and power, but had 13.5 sacks last year and he looks unblockable at times.
    CB - Jonathan Banks MISST: Another big fast CB, great ball skills, teams are going to stop throwing at him this year.
    OLB - Alex Okafore TEX: Has the size, speed, and power to be a great pass rusher. Not sure he can stand up though.
  7. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    Fixed it for ya. The QB you're talking about, they are actually brothers (or cousins or something) and they've played together all their life. Keenan Allen was the only one that got any throws his way because of that.

Jarvis Jones is a great player, has some Von Miller qualities to him. EXTREMELY explosive off the snap, great pass rush ability, but as to work on the strength and holding the edge. If you like Banks, you'll love David Amerson. He's a freakish cover corner and is 6'3".
  8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +118 / 4 / -1
    I dont know how i didn't mention my favorite player from this class though. I LOVE me some Dion Jordan. Dude is a freakish athlete at 6'7" 245, but he needs to bulk up some, but is incredibly agile and looks great in coverage. He actually lines up on top of the outside WR to jam and drop into coverage to help out our young secondary (talking about Oregon).
  9. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Burfict will likely still be there in the 7th, let alone the 3rd...
  10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Here are my thoughts on the 2013 draft.

There are 6 positions that have to be addressed over the next 2-3 years, in no particular order:
    OLB
    TE
    C
    NT
    SS
    CB

The coming draft appears to be strong at OLB and CB. I have no idea what next year's draft is looking like TBH, and it's also possible that Smitty will stop throwing bags of cash at Clary's agent to make him leave his office and actually draft a decent RT.