1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2013 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 25, 2013.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    And I'm glade as usual that I didn't expect to get a real response out of you. ;)

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    First of all I have never claimed my opinions are anything other than opinions, ever, if you can find one case of me doing this I'd love to see it. (I fully expect you to not even try to do this)

Secondly you are a fool if you really think only people who get paid for their opinions are capable of coming up with accurate ones. Guys like me, LBC, LTExpress, Emory etc...we put far more work in on the draft than you do, so please don't insult us by trying to bring us down to your level of ignorance when it comes to draft prospects.

Now I might be a bit too touchy as it comes to Blue Bolt, but thats because he's the type of guy who will challenge your opinion and call you stupid for it....and then 10 minutes later claim he was just joking in an attempt to save face....and yet at on a daily basis he challenges me to admit I'm wrong about something. :rolleyes: It's like cowardice wrapped in ignorance bound with arrogance, little weasels like that get under my skin too easily.

Bottom line is I don't have these arguments with people who know what they're talking about, I get along with almost everyone, my vitriol seems to be reserved for just 3 people around here.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    A year ago I would have bought into this that you really believed this. But you are far more intelligence than to believe this Charmin defense. Your attitude speaks volumes about your thoughts and intent. Same claims you have made of me in times past... no?

I think that fans who think that they know a lot about players and what goes on behind the scenes while never being there and sell themselves as experts are just fooling themselves. To argue that others don't know what they are talking about, while propping yourself up for all your hard work and knowledge is self serving at best. If you were as knowledgeable as you say, you would not have to tell us, we would know. I mean especially when talking about the draft which is nothing but a crap shoot anyway.

You and I agreed on Mathews, we both thought he would be the man. Seems we both were wrong. What did all your hard work and self proclaimed knowledge get you there?

I dont say that to put you down, just saying maybe you should try and be more open to other opinions... But that is up to you.

Ok, then why tell him how stupid and 'unknowing' he is, if it a simple personality issue?

Well, again, you are telling me you only argue with 3 people, but I see more than that. Perhaps again, if you walked your talk you would not only have to talk the talk.

But, do as you will. I have no control over you, and we don't really see eye to eye much so this is all wasted time I guess.

4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    Gee...I hope I'm one of the lucky 3, :inlove: given my penchant
    for mocking the uncharming combo of faux-expertise, + :mad: attitude + thin skin.
    Please, please, please tell me I made the big 3!!! (suck on it, the other 25 of you who thought he was talking about you!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,940 / 48 / -26
    And I'm glad to see you still haven't developed a sense of humor. ;)

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    No, I think the real problem is you and Blue OFTEN think I'm mad, or defensive, or "melting down" when I'm actually not. Believe me 99% of the time I type I'm doing it with a monotone in my head. But I do make sure to explain my opinions thoroughly and maybe that comes off the wrong way.

I do start to get irritated when a football conversation is diverted into a discussion about my attitude though, so maybe it kind of snowballs to you thinking I'm mad about the football topic.

No doubt I don't know what goes on behind closed doors, the interviews would probably sway my opinions a lot, but we're not privy to that information. But I do like to think I know talent when it shows up on tape, and anyone can, they just need to study and know what to look for. For example some people think Manti Te'o sucks because of the Alabama game...I happen to believe (from experience) its impossible to play ILB when your defensive line is shoved back into your face by the best O-line in college football...so I give him a pass for that game.

It's a hobby, I do it because it's fun for me as it is to a lot of people, haven't you ever had a hobby that you don't get paid for? Why does my grandma quilt? Why do people go out four wheeling? Why do people snowboard? Why do people fish or hunt? What does it gain them in the end? Little or nothing other than they feel it's a nice way to spend their time.

Simple answer is scouting for me is fun, the only reason I don't do it professionally is because when I was 20 I fell into great job that pays more money and requires no traveling.
    1. I absolutely believe there is s a personality issue with Blue Bolt, and from now on I will try to not let him get under my skin.

2. It's 3 people regularly, and those people know who they are. Sometimes I'll have a heated discussion with a couple others (Leo,Thunder, Hex etc..) but it always stays civilized and it ends with an agreement to disagree because they have grown up debating skills unlike these 3 people.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Cant say I agree with all you said, but props for a well spoken (or typed) answer.

8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -0
    Merging all the draft threads into one to clean up the site a bit after a crazy weekend!

9. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Ok so that's what happened. I was wondering why one of my posts showed up in a thread that I definitely didn't comment on haha.

10. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -0
    Haha ya sorry about that. I was doing some clean up duties. My apologies for poor timing on that one. :) Feel free to post whatever you were going to post that got lost.

11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    Well, I'll trust your professional judgement...but I don't think that if I was looking for the
    "LT says Chargers Approached Him To Play" story, I'd think to look for it in
    "2013 NFL Draft Thread"...but then, I do have brain issues...

12. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -0
    Hahaha dammit. My bad I must have accidentally put it in with the draft threads. My apologies. I will have to see if I am able to get it back. Probably will have to be something Rob does.

SON OF A $&%@*!

13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    :) Ah, no harm, no foul. Just figured I'd mention it in case it was a mistake. No sweat.

14. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +326 / 1 / -0
    lol thanks. I am in the process of trying to fix it. Hopefully I didn't f it up more.

15. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Piss off Lancelot, I've worked my arse off for that 3rd place finish I'll have you know and I'll be damned if I'm letting some Johnny-come-lately steal what's rightfully mine .....

Any chance we could get a poll going in here to solve this conundrum ????

Don't see many of those around this place. :(

and Matti, if I may correct you on one small point in your evaluation of Blue Bolt .......

BLEW is by no means a "little weasel", in fact he's a rather Lanky 6' 4", Asian-looking-David Bowie-type bastage, so you may owe him a retraction on that little faux pas. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +938 / 15 / -1
    Fitting... utterly fitting. So you're saying BLEW is Dieu To ("Doto"; from Kevin and Bean)?

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    Fixed. Uh...the description, not blew or his dog. ;)

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    Absolutely he is ...... :tup:

...and I have no idea what .... "Dieu To ("Doto"; from Kevin and Bean)? even means.......................but I'll play the bluff here and hope it it sneaks through and peeps think Im semi-intelligent ...

19. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +864 / 56 / -42
    I knew I'd missed something ...... how the hell could I forget about FRED ???? [​IMG]

CBF, I do believe BLEW may be fixed actually, if not, the worlds safe though, he scores as often as I do these days, so we aren't about to worry the population head counter anytime soon. ;)