1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

24 - Season Six starts Sunday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of lamb. I got shot down on my suggestion for rack of lamb for Easter. Son and DIL think lambs are cute. I think there must be a violation of Man Law here....:icon_eek: Just kidding...;)

Now we have a choice between spare ribs and prime rib... Since I'm cooking, it will prolly be prime rib.... Here is a little trick about cooking prime rib. Take it out of the oven and let it sit covered about 20 minutes before you carve it so the juices stay inside...

Love how we talk about severed limbs and food in the same thread.. :lol: :lol:

2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I don't watch "Lost" anymore.... I hear the show has gotten alot better this season..

One of my new favs is "Heroes"

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    I'm not sure that this season is much better or worse than last season. But I'm not one of the people that's hung up on the "answers" and what's "really going on." I watch it for an hour of entertainment and it does the trick.

I've heard a lot of good things about Heroes but I'm yet to watch an episode.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I have the season of Lost on my dvr but have only watched a couple...I'll get to them eventually...Entourage starts again on Sunday I think...that show can make me laugh even if I'm cranky...Lost is pretty good but all the endless questions with no answers started to annoy me...I'm behind on Lost, Desperate Housewives, Rome, House and Jericho...I'm running out of room :icon_eek:

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Heroes...pretty good but I will probably wait for the season to come out on dvd. Or watch one here and there on my iPod.

Recently added to my dvr list: The Tudors. Also Weeds is coming back fairly soon I think...hope. Prison Break ended Monday.

5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I sure hope my sources are better than Ant's :icon_rofl:

Anyway, I have a mini "24" spoiler...Don't read the text in white (below) if you don't want to know what it is... This is something I had not heard before. Don't know if it was on the previews for next week because I missed them.

Audrey returns to the series next week and will be cast in every show for the remainder of the season

6. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Well you know I have to read it...:icon_eek: This gives me HOPE for Michelle and Tony!!

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    But aren't they both dead??? :icon_shrug:

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Technically...but a little creative writing can bring them back...look how many lives Jack has had!

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
  10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I'm still a little skeptical :icon_wink: I don't see any episodes of this season's 24 though if it happens it would be interesting...:)

EDIT: I see it now!!! :icon_eek: Down at the bottom! I wonder if these are "flashbacks" to what she was doing in China before she was killed ... (spoiler) :icon_eek:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Interesting idea...

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Either way it piques my interest...I mean you can only take so much of Gredenko...:icon_eek: :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    You know, I think they killed off too many regulars last season... The newbies of Milo, Nadia, Morris, and Sandra are not cutting it... and I think the writers are now seeing this. :icon_eek: OTOH bringing in Doyle was a good save... Lennox is OK too. Interesting to see how Audrey's return fits into the plot.

This season seems to be jumping from sub plot to sub plot. Once a story line starts to progress, they seem to move to something else. Kind of reminds me a little of season three, IIRC.

14. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I agree with "killing off too many regulars" and in earlier seasons too..it's good the show is not afraid to take chances but we need characters we feel invested in...Milo and Morris can drop dead as far as I'm concerned :)icon_eek: )...I like Nadia a little bit (but not like Michelle) and I had to think twice about who Sandra even is...I'm serious that they should at least bring back Tony...his death can be explained away...At least Audrey is a familiar face and I am finding Tom Lennox's character now fairly interesting...I think he sees the error of his extremism.

I wonder if Sherry Palmer is really dead lol...she was a pretty good villian. She could have handled that madman of a VP...

Anyway, it's still in my top 2 of favorite shows :)...I look forward to it...and we still have Jack and Chloe.

edited to say: I like original cranky etiquette-impaired Chloe who says what she thinks...not the newer softer more emotional version...

15. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    PS...Ricky being brought in as a CTU agent is ok...but not if they're grooming him to be the next Jack Bauer...I don't think so because Doyle is kind of shady...Nadia better watch out with him wanting her to spy on Milo...He might be setting her up...We still need a mole this season and Doyle might be it...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Jack........."Say hello to your brother" :lol:

Doyle.......Looking around the area, dead bodies, Fayad hanging..... "Damn Jack!" :lol:

So they now move on to China and rescuing Audrey... :tup:

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I'm glad for the plot change...

18. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    That was the best episode of 24 i've ever seen and now he needs to rescue Audrey...season 6 just keeps getting better and better:abq1: :abq2:

19. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

It was good...I'm glad it's now going in a different direction...I had some interruptions watching it so have to watch it again this weekend...I think I missed a little.

20. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Lost was good.

21. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    go onto www.tv-links.co.uk if you've missed any of it

22. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Thank you Chris. :)

I actually watched it again today (I did miss alot) and it was very very good. I record it on the dvr (it's like TiVo) every week.

23. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    your welcome darlin

24. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    The VP is evil and powerful with no likable qualities whatsoever...Jack is in trouble for going rogue...Prison Break is off so now it's only 24 on Mondays...my favorite new show is The Tudors...a change of pace, complex, interesting, and a Priest out to be Pope who is evil to the core who pretends to be good and is King Henry's biggest confidant...but the rats this week were scary :icon_eek:

Chloe doesn't seem to be in the episodes as much this season...does that mean...:icon_eek:...she might have an early "retirement" from CTU...

25. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I love Heroes now...I started watching it on my iPod in the early morning hours when I'm lying awake and the rest of the world is asleep...it is so good and original...I look forward to each episode.

I have watched the first 12 shows. I like the narration...it is always so profound...I love Hiro...He is so funny and nerdy and genuinely wants to save the world...Mohinder is a smart, deep, conflicted hunk, I like the little boy Micah and the Cheerleader Claire...Save the Cheerleader, Save the World...it's definitely on the best new show list.

Poor Milo :icon_eek: I didn't watch 24 until today (a rare occurence)..that was a sudden and brutal death :icon_eek:

I still like 24 just as much and kind of sad it ends in two weeks...:(

26. BoltsFanUK

Ratings:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    Chang invaded CTU with the help of Jack's father..evil bastard:icon_evil:

27. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

I know!! :icon_evil: I wonder what that's all about...that means Jack's evil dad is responsible for blowing off Milo's head! :icon_evil:

And I wish Chloe would dump Morris ( I know he dumped her) and get back to being her lovable crabby self! I don't like whiney, emotional, dependent Chloe as much.

Marilyn Bauer from 24 is on Heroes.

28. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I'm very happy with Apple...I paid for a Heroes episode yesterday that never downloaded, even though it said it did...it would not let me download it again so I e-mailed them and they fixed it so easily...and quickly too. On a weekend. That's good customer support.

That video iPod is the best little invention ever...I love it.

29. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0

Why pay when you can download every Heroes episode in HD XviD encoding from the Torrents? :icon_huh:

I don't watch "Heroes". It's basically a jazzed up ripoff version of the more intelligently created "The 4400".