1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

42 hours is a long car ride

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezb, Nov 22, 2013.

1. ezb

ezb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking on here for years just to get the local perspective of The Bolts, but now I need much more and I'm reaching out for information and advice that any of you might like to offer a 37-year-old guy that is planning on moving to SD but knows no one out there and nothing about the place. All he knows is that the weather is perfect and that he was born there and feels like he was deprived of a life, having been ripped away from there at the age of 7. I'm thinking of relocating to the San Diego area permanently in the coming months or as soon as I can sell my house in Connecticut. I work as a technical illustrator/designer for a sign co. and have been scoping a job in the north county area. Any of you know much of that area? Would it be any fun for a recent divorcee trying to start his life over...
  2. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    I went to school in NC and though I've been gone from that country for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure were I single and trying to be happy, Carlsbad to Encinitas on the coast is where you want to be. As happy as North county coastal may be, Pacific Beach/Mission Beach in SD proper is where on holiday weeks, like a grunion run bucket fest, you'll be able to chase thousands of Arizona girls.
  3. ezb

ezb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! those are encouraging words. I was thinking Oceanside just because from what I've seen it's more within my budget but at least it's not too far from Encinitas & Carlsbad.
  4. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
    Do some searching and you should find some great house rental deals in Oceanside. Again, try to get near the beach. From memory, lots of cool stuff near the tracks that got more lifestyle bang for buck than anything else in NC. It changes your attitude and Oceanside was nice to me even when it was "bad" (had two places there myself). I used to walk to Buccaneer beach and play basketball every day. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may have had more fun in O'side at that place. There's also these condo rentals down by the O'side rec center that rent once in awhile that were as steal back then. you get all day beachgoer traffic that would cost a fortune in Pacific Beach. O schit I haven't missed SD for anything but Mexican food the last 10 years but now I'm thinking of how lucky I am I didn't get anyone pregnant
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    North County coastal would be a great spot for you :) Lots of divorces and younger depending on what your flavor of choice is. Oside has its rougher areas, esp since the economy tanked and housing bubble burst. I wouldn't recommend settling on a place there until you see it first, it can be kinda hit and miss.

I grew up in Carlsbad/La Costa, still work there but settled on Vista in the short term to save money for a house. If you can find something in any city along CBad borders its usually a good bet and easy to get around to the hot spots. Encinitas is cool too, especially down along the 101. Leucadia and Cardiff might be good options for you as well.

Good luck :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  6. ezb

ezb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone, me again, the hopeless dude from New England! Well as luck would have it I landed a job in SD proper! So pumped, can't even think straight. Pretty sure I will be crashing the Bolt Talk tailgates this season.
    So I need more help...anyone know of a decent place for rent? Even better would be a short-term rental or sublet until I can view something firsthand and commit to it. I figured I'd ask you all even if it's a long shot.