1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers were offensive in 2007

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +59 / 0 / -0

Why is this being posted here?:icon_huh:
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Because the 49ers are Gay America's team :yes:
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Because it's the Chargers & NFL section.
  4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    San Francisco's weakness last year was the defensive line. It was hands down the worst in football, by a lot. Every time I watched the dline I cringed. They added Justin Smith and Kentwan Balmer who should help bring them to "mediocrity" as a defensive line if they both are on the top of their games. Mediocrity just might be enough when you have Patrick Willis :yes: They are also getting Jay Moore back who should help rush the passer. On offense the oline should be the best its been in a long time and they have weapons to make stuff happen. I think an 8-8 season isn't far-fetched. In 2006 Alex Smith impressed me so much and the guy is still very young. I said Alex Smith looked like Peyton Manning with wheels after seeing him a couple of games. The guy has talent there is no doubt about it. They just lack chemistry as a team that is the problem.
  5. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    LOL. Nice one.:tup:
  6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Alex Smith was very very impressive in early 2006. He was on fire and the best QB in the league bar none the first few weeks. Made lots of stuff happen when there was nothing there for him. Used his feet and was great at improvising when he got flushed from the pocket. He threw beautiful deep balls and connected on them. He just turned 24 years old. He's got size, he's got athleticism, he's got loads of intelligence, he's got an arm..... I have not given up on him. I really like him. He has had no stability in San Francisco, whether it was the offensive line, whether it was a new offensive coordinator and QB coach... for a young player (21 when drafted) that is not good. Even if he fails in San Francisco I think this guy can resurrect his career elsewhere in the NFL.

Anyone who judges Smith by the stats he has put up is not aware of the whole picture. Give him stability and he has unbelievable natural talent. He was the youngest QB to start a game in NFL history. He is still just a pup. SF has been a nightmare situation for him to go into. The guy has everything necessary to be a success. He just needs stability. SF made the right selection but they have used him very poorly and his failure to date is solely because of the way the organization has used him. The "small hands" argument is BS as I have seen him make intermediate throws with consistency.
  7. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0

Hey MLT...whatever happened to Odell Thurman??

I hear no one's picked him up is because he failed another drug test, even the Raiturds won't touch him.

Inside info. from my informant that's driving home on his combine from the draft!! Yes he's still on the road!

Stan :rivers17:
  8. chargerlipz

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    You're right. I'm sure Alex Smith will throw 49 TDs in a season at least once in his career. LOL :lol:
  9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Peyton Manning achieved that because in addition to his own talent he had prime talent all around him and had been working with the same offensive system for years and years and was given the green light to gunsling the ball.
  10. chargerlipz

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, you're right. Alex Smith=Peyton Manning with mobility. LOL:lol:
  11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    For the first 5-6 weeks of the 2006 season that statement accurately expressed the way Alex Smith was playing and that is when I made the statement.
  12. chargerlipz

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    Okay, man. There was a 10 game stretch where Brian Griese had a QB rating of 102.9. I would say he played like Manning too. He turned out to be just like him in every way. LOL:lol: