1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

6 Keys to beating the Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Thumper, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I know we play the Raiders this week, but that team is such a joke it's not even worth mentioning what it will take to beat them. LT owns the Raiders. Put LT and 10 taco venders on the field and the Raiders still lose.

Not even worth the time to discuss a team as pathetic as the Raiders, so I'm skipping to the following week against the Bills.

Keys to beating the Buffalo Bills

1) Rattle J.P. Losman - Losman has struggled as Buffalo's starter and has shown he's more than capable of making mistakes, especially if he's facing a strong pass rush. Buffalo's offensive line hasn't done a good job keeping defenders off its quarterback and with Merriman back they're going to have a long day.

2) Force 3 and Outs - We can't leave our defense out there all day. Merriman will be back and the rest of the defense will be rested after an easy win over the Raiders, but with our high powered offense, we need them on the field as much as possible.

3) Win the Special Teams Battle - Turner has done a great job as kick returner. Need to make sure our kick coverage team consistantly prevents any big gains.

4) Get the ball to our playmakers - Need to get Gates the ball. He's clutch receiving the ball. Give the Bills a huge dose of LT.

5) Stay out of 3rd and long situations - We can get a first in 3rd an long situations much of the time, but if we get a lot of 2nd or 3rd and short situations, we will dominate.

6) Control the Clock - We score so quickly these days that we could experience one of the major problems Air Coryell had. If we score to quickly, it puts our defense on the field for to long. Mix some quick scores with long sustained drives and the Bills won't have a chance. Not like they realy do anyway.
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I know we're not concentrating on the Bills yet, but the Raiders are such chumps, we need to start thinking about the Bils. Maybe give some of our key players a rest this week against the chumps. The Raiders have less of a chance of beating us than a showballs chance in hell. ...and that's being generous.
  3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    The most important thing is that we need to beat the weather because that is why they're gonna beat the Jags this week
  4. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I think this team is built to play well enough in cold weather.
  5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I'll be at the Bills game, but this cali boy isn't used to cold weather. I'm gonna freeze. :icon_shrug:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    A friend of mine lived 2003 as a student for one year in the neighbourhood of Buffalo. He was freezing, too, visiting 3 Bills-games
    in those days. But you get used to it and take warm clothing.
  7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings Received:
    +579 / 0 / -0
    McGahee will be back, so that concerns me a little. But so will #56. He is going to play the rest of the year with a MASSIVE chip on his shoulder. Losman better look the hell out.
  8. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    just dress up warm and you'll be find
  9. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +186 / 0 / -0
    #56 will be on fire, and that gives polarris a chance to rotate in and out on downs.
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    The biggest key to winning is for us to show up. The Bills just like the Raiders are going to get annihilated.
  11. BoltsFanUK

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    yeah, if we turn up thinking that we're going to win easily so we don't try as hard as we usually do then we lose. This is a Trap game so just treat it like any other game
  12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    We can play in the cold just fine. We just need to have a dominating day on defense to send the message to the rest of the league that the Charger D is fully fired up and ready to play like the superbowl defense that we all know it is. Even if we start out flat (again:() I fully expect Shawne to have so much emotion and motivation that it will carry through the whole team:yes:
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,432 / 19 / -4
    Offense
    1. Utilize our size over the DBs
    2. Beat back the Bills defensive line from hte get-go
    3. McNeil has to shut down Aaron Schobel

Defense
    1. Beat the crap out of JP Losman
    2. Don't let Lee Evans or Roscoe Parrish get deep
    3. Keep McGahee from running on the inside

Special Teams
    1. Cover Parrish at all times