1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

909's 2 rounder

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Chargerfn909, Apr 18, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    So OG and Scott are under sized, but all 303 lbs of Bingham isn't? OG is listed at the same 303 and Scott is listed at 315.

By the way, I won't be too excited if any of the 3 are starting.
  2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I do know that. Scott is 315lbs and played NT all year. You think AJ is gonna magically POOF some new NT in there? Even IF we drafted Cody, nobody knows that he would start, and if he did we would need at LEAST 1 player rotating with him.

Garay is garbage. The coaches can try to sike their selves out but we all know Garay is NOT starting NT material in the NFL.

We will know soon with OG, I have sent him an e-mail interview that will be posted here. In one of my questions I asked him what weight he plans on playing at in 2010 along with what position DE/NT. From what I saw of him I think he's the best NT on our team as of RIGHT now. He's probably the most well versed in the sense of being able to play the 1Gap as well as traditional 0T hole plugging NT. He played around 305 last year, I do not think it would be a big deal for him to add another 10-15 lbs in the off season.
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    You know that do you?:icon_rofl: Your have "sources" inside the Chargers locker room that say Ian Scott proved himself as a NT, and that he was going to play there this year?:lol:

Scott played NT because we had no backup for Jamal on the roster, and SOMEBODY had to do it. Its as simple as that. Just because you saw him line up there a few times doesn't mean the Chargers are confident with him in that position, or that its his true position, or that they were even successful with him there......as we were 22nd against the run last year.
  4. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    You getting frustrated there brosef?

The Chargers brought him back to play NT, NOT DE. We already have 343443443 DE's. Cesaire, Glastillo, Johnson, Boone, and VM would be ahead of Scott on the depth chart at DE. He will NOT play DE bro, penn it. He will rotate at NT or ride the pine. We do not need THAT many damn DE's.

:lama:
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Your right, we don't need more DE's, which is why we don't need Brian Price or Tyson Alualu.......thank you for driving home my point all along.:lol:

I'm not frustrated. I'm just laughing at you because your so clearly full of ****.:popcorn:
  6. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Wrong. We do not need any more SCRUB DE's.

How many times do I have to explain to you son? A DOMINANT DE would do WONDERS for our D. Christ you are thick headed.
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    :icon_rofl: You walked right into it. You basically admitted we don't need anymore damn DE's, we need NT's. EPIC FAIL!:icon_rofl:

I'm gonna start a thread on the main board, we're going to get an opinion on Ian Scott's future at NT. I say your full of ****, but we'll see if anyone else agrees with you, or if your just the class clown.
  8. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    I never said he was the future you moron. Jesus Christ!

Scott is a scrub. At NT, DE, you name it. We do not need ANY more god damn Scrubs. You are one of the few that think power comes in numbers. We do not need a DE bc we have 8 scrubs. Stfu with that already.

Go find where I said Ian Scott is our future. In fact I JUST said OG was the best NT on our team as of right now. So hush with your nonsense.
  9. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Since your read comp. looks to be below average here is a recap for you..

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showpost.php?p=612377&postcount=62

I do know that. Scott is 315lbs and played NT all year. You think AJ is gonna magically POOF some new NT in there? Even IF we drafted Cody, nobody knows that he would start, and if he did we would need at LEAST 1 player rotating with him.

Garay is garbage. The coaches can try to sike their selves out but we all know Garay is NOT starting NT material in the NFL.

We will know soon with OG, I have sent him an e-mail interview that will be posted here. In one of my questions I asked him what weight he plans on playing at in 2010 along with what position DE/NT. From what I saw of him I think he's the best NT on our team as of RIGHT now. He's probably the most well versed in the sense of being able to play the 1Gap as well as traditional 0T hole plugging NT. He played around 305 last year, I do not think it would be a big deal for him to add another 10-15 lbs in the off season.
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21

Look who's getting frustrated now?:icon_tease:

Being the most "well versed" NT on our roster isn't saying much. Like I said before, we have no legitimate NT's on our roster.
  11. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

Well when you lie, then take the time to make a thread to try to make people believe I am speaking your nonsense lies, I do take offense.

You are the one that just said TODAY in fact, that you were removing Cody from your boards.. When have I ever said that? I said Cam Thomas is useless i'll take Troup in the 3rd.
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I enjoy your opinions.

Its like talking to the 17yr old kid pounding away at his keyboard in his parents basement. He doesn't really understand what he's talking about, he's more than willing to embellish a few facts to support his argument, he's quick to fall in love with a rookie prospect and guarantee that the guy will be a stud......its funny.:flwers:
  13. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

I guarantee I have played and watched MUCH more college football than you. Keep up with the personal jabs. I am completely confident in my football knowledge and ability to know who is a GOOD football player and who isn't.
  14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'm sure you are sport.:icon_toast:
  15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If you're gonna pull that card, you should bring the proof. :yes:
  16. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    How am I supposed to prove how much CFB I watch? Or played?
  17. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I dont know about Scott, but i do think OG will play NT this year along with Garay i guess and whoever else they draft. And yes maybe even Scott since he was there too. Those guys need to start eating more if they havent already ;)
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    By actually being right about something.:icon_shrug:

And it helps when you don't guarantee greatness from a rookie prospect. :lol: It comes off as ignorant. Like its the first time you've ever seen a draft unfold.
  19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Kiper never played on any level and he is right on some things.
  20. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    You live in SD? I'd be HAPPY to meet up with you for the draft and take wagers. Put your money where that loud obnoxious mouth is kid.
  21. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Try not saying something you can't prove? :icon_huh:
  22. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And you're right about something? :icon_shrug:
  23. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

I am not trying to prove anything to anyone here man. I come here to have fun and talk draft. Just SOME folks like to nit pick and try to call you out, make you look stupid to make their selves feel better and I am not havin' that.

It's all in fun but that guy is constantly making personal jabs and criticizing what I do. Just gets annoying.
  24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    A) It is stupid to bet money on a draft, espescially when AJ Smith is picking the players.
    B) I have no interest in betting money anyway. Not a huge gambler.

But if you want to make a sig bet I'd be game, maybe throw all our boltcash in the pot.:lol: I have no idea what we'd bet on though.
  25. Chargerfn909

Ratings Received:
    +34 / 6 / -1

You name it my man.

For the record, I honestly do not want some bs online grudge with you. You seem to like to take swipes at me, and I am a pretty stubborn guy that believes in what I do so I will defend my stance(s). There are only a handful of guys here that have ANY clue what they are talking about when it comes to the draft and you are one. FWIW i'd rather call it cool and be done with this bickering ****.
  26. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    Yeah I'm over it. Lets move on, agree to disagree.

Just so long as people understand I'm going to **** a brick on this message board if we spend our first round pick on a 3-4 DE.:lol:
  27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +240 / 22 / -3
    Not bad, but only gripe I got on this mock is the run on DTs is a litle high for the 1st round. I was thinkin more the top 2-3 DTs(cody pending actual 1st rd pick value) gone by our 28. And the real mad grab for 3-4 NT DT prospects will start to go 28-40 if there is gonna be a gold rush for the guys to begin with.

If we pass on Cody at 28 and 40, I will be fine with not taking Thomas and goin later after Joseph or.....the other later rd potential guy cant think of it now and im too tired to dig it up right now but im sure you all kno who im talkin bout. LOL
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    ^^^This^^^

And I'm sure makes a LOT more money at it than anyone here. :lol:

Even the poo-flinging monkey at the zoo gets SOMETHING to stick occasionally. :icon_banana:
  29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I feel the same way about drafting Cody or Best with #28
  30. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I'll be dissapointed because both have serious red flags in their own way, but it'll make more sense to me.

I think I'd rather see us trade both picks and move up to 12 to take CJ Spiller, than end up with a Cody/Gerhart or Cody/Dwyer combination in the first 2 rounds. Because we have the ammunition to trade back into the 2nd round and pick up a Torrell Troup.