1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A chance Steve Smith could become a Bolt

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, May 6, 2011.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    How many Super Bowls have we won with Jackson thus far?
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    What is the point of a question like this?
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    To highlight the fallacy in drawing the line from "sign him" to "and win a Super Bowl!"

There are plenty of good reasons to keep Jackson but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone draws that blatant line like as though a WR that's been on this roster for a half decade is the missing link.
  4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    I agree with Leo--he's setting up to be traded. That house BS was just house BS.
  5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    I don't think anyone who says things like that mean it literally.

It would take an exceptionally stupid person to think VJ = Super Bowl. The day I find such a brain dead dunce does exist, is the day my last shred of faith in the human race gets annihilated.
  6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 15 / -1
    That was kind of the point I was trying to make. Jackson wants to stay here, but he also wants to get paid what he wants. His loyalty is to the greenbacks first and who they come from secondary; I won't go so far as to call him a straight up mercenary, but it's close. I thought that you were trying to make the point that he wanted out of San Diego which isn't the case. He wants to get paid and logic would suggest he wants to remain a Charger since system and QB familiarity (as well as the "protection" that a weapon like Gates at TE adds) present the most likely situation (outside of maybe New England's system which is as throw-happy as ours and would utilize him in a very similar way... just might get him more looks on TD's) for him to produce in such a way that he can ensure a large 3rd contract in addition to the 2nd contract. Our front office however doesn't present that same likelihood to him, but still...

It's anyone's guess at this point what will come of all this, but it certainly isn't a situation where Jackson is "Steve Smith'ing" things with his locker cleaned out, his bags packed and ready to go, and allegedly his house on the market to prepare for a move that he can demand/leverage/strong-arm his way through.
  7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    We haven't won with Rivers either. Does that mean we can't win one with him?
  8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I responded to the following comment:
    "Your assuming that Jackson wants to be here when the CBA is worked out. I'm telling ya...as soon as he can sort it...HES GONE!!"

So, no, I was saying he wanted to be here
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    :eek:
  10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +383 / 4 / -0
    You are correct. Signing Jackson does not mean Superbowl win. There is no line being drawn from his signing to Superbowl celebration. What was meant is that by signing Jackson, the probability of winning a freakin' Superbowl increases. That is all. Yes, it would take an exceptionally stupid person to believe that signing VJ would equal a Superbowl.

BTW, I have my own pet peeve of people abusing logic to make their own misguided assumptions that they hope will point out deficiencies in other people's ideas to make themselves feel intellectually superior. They know who they are.