1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A "Lights Out" Sighting Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by csfoster, Sep 19, 2005.

1. csfoster

csfoster BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    As much as we want to criticize our offense certainly the defense has some issues that need to be addressed as well. After a great defensive first half featuring consistent pressure on Plummer, the Broncos made some adjustments in the second half and we did not put enough consistent pressure on him.

Is this not what "Lights Out" was drafted for? Other than a brief view of him on special teams and on one playing being unnecessarily and intentionaly chopped block by a Bronco, I do not remember seeing Lights Out on the field nor hearing him otherwise mentioned in the game.

A "Lights Out" Sighting Anyone?

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Merriman did make his debut yesterday recording one tackle on the open kick off. Other than that one tackle, he was non-existant. I thought I saw him on defense but he did not do anything. Merriman will get his chance. We are just loaded right now in the front 7. I would like to come in on passing situations just to rush the QB. Perhaps his knee is still bothering him and the coaching staff is keeping him out as a precaution.