1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A little help needed...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sydalish, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    I've kept mostly quiet about this, even on my facebook page, as we were still trying to figure out "what's next".

Last Tuesday, my boyfriend's 9 y/o nephew Matthew Hernandez was brutally murdered by his own father while he slept on his living room couch. Matthew was an amazing little boy, kind and gentle and full of joy. Needless to say the sudden loss and circumstances around his passing have shaken everyone who knew him. In particular, his 12 y/o brother Phillip who was home at the time of the attack and his mother Jessica, who was out of the state.

I'm sharing all of this today to ask for your help. Whether or not that help is monetary is not my goal. Warm thoughts, love and prayers are just as valuable and needed - truly.

I'm not sharing this as a mod but simply as a woman who is trying to spread the word and get some help for people I love who are in need. I have no expectations, intend no guilt trips and there is no pressure here.

A donation site has been set-up to help gather funds to cover the costs of Matthew's memorial services and burial. Any additional funds raised beyond that will be spent to help Jessica relocate back to Sacramento to be with her surviving son and ensure he has the care and support he needs moving forward. If you are interested in contributing, the link is posted below and is very much valid and reputable. For what it's worth, you have my word on that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - and if you'd like to pass along the information please feel free.

http://www.giveforward.com/mathewhernandez
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    OMG words cannot express the thoughts I have. Prayers to the family. I will do what I can....
  3. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +334 / 0 / -0
    There have been just too many stories recently that have made me wonder what is happening to this world we live in. The family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    Thanks so much guys - just the thoughts and prayers me a lot.
  5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Dear God, what a horrible thing for all of you!! I am so sorry for the loss of such an innocent and precious life. :cry: You, your boyfriend, and his family will be in my prayers.....xoxo