1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Mock Draft from Yahoo

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by turbo_turtle, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I think Acee wrote it after SD drafted Oliver, but the Chargers never played him there during camp or preseason.

The logic is that Oliver was "labeled" a cover-2 type CB, or possibly a safety by the draftniks. It's the same guys who say Jammer should be a safety. :lol:

Who knows ..... maybe the Bolts will try him at safety. He was a sound tackler in the preseason.

My priorities would be safety, OL, DL. Best available player from those three slots.

Hey Turbo Turtle -

SD won't get a compensatory pick for Michael Turner (or Drayton Florence) until the 2009 draft. SD will get a compensatory pick this draft for Donna Edwards (probably a 4th rounder).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see AJ shop Eric Parker and Shane Olivea to pick up a couple extra picks in this draft. Maybe 4th thru 7th round types, depending on the other team's need. Regardless, IMO we'll see Olivea gone next year. He quit on the team during that Ravens game, and AJ isn't going to put up with that ****.
  2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    More on Oliver, from Acee's UT Mailbag -

Question

Kevin,
    Looking ahead to next year. Where does Paul Oliver fit in? If he has a good training camp in 2008 will the Chargers look to move him to safety. I don't see him getting very much playing time if any at all sitting behind Cromartie or Jammer.

Bradley Wise / Pensacolla, Fl

Answer

This will be a big offseason to see where he does fit. He might lack the explosive speed to be a corner, so they are thinking about moving him to safety.

Kevin Acee - Friday, January 04, 2008
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Parker will be back IMO. Olivea, maybe not.
  4. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Based on Olivers work out numbers he isn't quick/ fast enough to play CB. I was shocked that the Bolts ever played him at CB. I understand he has great instincts perhaps he will be able to play safety. It was also why he was a 4 th round selection.

Jammer is much faster and probably the best run support CB in pro football. I think that Jammer when he slows down could play SS and play it well.

Jammer could benefit from having the play in front of him it seems that he has always struggled locating the ball with his back turned from the QB.
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0

I've wavered on that regarding Parker. How much playing time, barring injury, is he going to get with Chambers, VJ and an improving Buster Davis? Keeping a solid 4th WR is smart, considering how fragile WR's seem to be. But, if someone offered a 3rd or 4th and AJ had a guy on the board that he wanted, then I could easily see Parker gone.

Olivea is a goner one way or another .....
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    My take, too. ^^^
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Probably the biggest reason that I have for moving QJ to safety.
    :yes:
  8. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0

A lot of folks post that due to their believe that Jammer isn't a good CB which I disagree with. I think Jammer is a pretty good CB and great in run support but I have felt that he could have been a Pro Bowl safety if given the chance.

I understand that CB are much more difficult to find and thus the reluctance in making the change.
  9. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Jammer also is being paid to play CB the money difference is huge between the two positions.
  10. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +848 / 1 / -0
    thats why i thought he did..i think Goodell had overlooked it
  11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    You cant take a draft pick away in which the Patriots gave away a player or players in order to get because of spygate! They made the right move in taking away a draft pick just should have made them forfeit that game as well IMO!
  12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    If the Puktriots played in the NBA they would have forfeited their entire draft. They have one tough SOB commish! Remember when one of the NBA teams violated something a lot less meaningful than what N.E. did and Stern stripped them of a boatload of draft picks?
  13. stone86

stone86 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ESPN, has Jonathan as the second running back and going to the cardinals... Whoever he ends up with is going to be stoked though. He is 5'10"ish a mean and lean 235 and 4.34 forty. I forget the exact details but he either broke or came very close to breaking Igor's records, during the team contests at the end of spring last year. Plus he is young. I gotta rep my boy!