1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

a much needed reality check

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by trinity, Dec 15, 2013.

1. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The chargers are going nowhere. Lol of course they won that game against Denver. Because there was absolutely no pressure on them whatsoever! But the second you level actual expectations on this team, they BOMB! They are a poor man's Dallas cowboys. Right down to Philip rivers, who like romo, is nothing but a talented choker. Period. He lucked up and beat one of the greatest offenses in NFL history in the regular season. SADLY, this will probably go down as the biggest win of his career. Lol because he certainly isn't winning a damn thing in the way of superbowls.
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  3. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +251 / 1 / -0
    Sounds like your are a donkey fan. Have fun being 1 and done in the playoffs... again...
  4. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol even if that's true, at least they'll be there. That's a hell of a lot more than you can expect from your team dude
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Carrie- Anne,

Look, you were cute in the Matrix, but that doesn't go far re. gridiron discussion.

Dude, by 3 words into your title, you'd already completely failed:
    Why in the world would you think a stupid little attempted insult rehash, is "needed"
    when the guys in here are discussing the actual playoff possibilities, 10x more deeply
    than your little turd even attempts to?

Hey, I'm as sympathetic as anyone, re. the sadness of some guy in his mom's basement
    on a Coleco Adam & dial-up…but the idea that you're providing any "reality check" :roflmao:
    (never mind a "needed" one…) :roflmao::roflmao: to guys who are obviously far ahead of you,
    is just too silly. Run along now, I think mom's making english muffin 'pizza' for ya.
  6. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A guy living in a basement eating pizza made by my mother? Lol well, i guess i have to take that one from you dude :). After all, you would certainly be the authority on pathetic as a chargers fan hahaha. And hey, i have to offer you a slice of my pizza in reward if you're acknowledging that the chargers are going nowhere. Lol that's a nice dose of reality that your quarterback could use. Which is actually what i meant by a reality check. Listening to Philip post game, you would think the guy had won the friggin superbowl. I mean sure, that's as close as he will come to actual glory lol, but come on. Rivers is arrogant and abrasive. And the worst part is, FOR WHAT?? Lol a SMATTERING of regular season success among the epic choke jobs? Lol this team is a joke and that quarterback is the punchline. Period.
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Good job with your period, there, Carrie- Anne.
    I know, I shouldn't be wasting any time on a 13 year-old troll, but, dude, really?
    Did you even hear what Rivers said? (or are you still just butt-hurt because he made Cutler look bad?)

Not sure why you're trying to insult this team…every poster here knows the Charger history better
    than you do, and chooses to follow the team. Run along, mum's made you some Ovaltine now,
    and your english muffin 'pizza' is now cool enough (so you won't burn yourself, like last time).
  8. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well first, what does jay cutler have to do with anything? Lol i have no idea why you even brought him up. He's long gone out of Denver, and means nothing to me. Second, lighten up :). Don't be so sensitive! It's not as if i busted in on your "serious playoff discussion" and started trolling. This is specifically the forum for smack talk, is it not? I am simply a fan of a division rival, who happens to also despise Philip rivers. So here i am in all my glory haha. As for the ovaltine, nah i hate that stuff. It makes me sick at my stomach. Just like I'm sure Philip rivers makes you sick at your come clutch time lol!
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Typical donk fan. Denver mgmt finally gets off their *** and hire a decent qb and now he decides to go onto chargers forums and talk smack about the guy they love to hate (and who is 5-2 in their house).
    When Manning's gone (which will be soon) this guy will be long gone too.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Carrie-Anne, c'mon…you know you're just making up the nonsense
    about "serious playoff discussion" and anyone being "so sensitive."

No one said any such thing. Look, virtually everyone here is just going to chuckle at your trolling,
    but no one's gonna give a damn…myself included. Not sure why you seem alarmed that I'm making fun of you.
    Anyway this post 3 from me…probably 2 too many…enough…have fun…happy troll in' :p

http://www.chargers.com/multimedia/...-Broncos/8995011e-6841-102c-a0f9-5aefa052b9ac
    Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 11.30.18 AM.png
    • Like Like x 1
  11. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :) not sure
    not sure where you got alarm from at all lol, but i will chalk it up to the delusional mind of a chargers fan, and bid you good day :)
  12. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually sport, I'll be here until Philip rivers stops choking. In other words, I'll be here until he retires. Hahaha
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    5-2 in your building. The Great Mile High. lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really? That must have led to lots of success over the seasons. Oh wait....lol!
  15. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    More than the donks in this millennium anyway. Also, it's been a long long time since your boys have drafted a qb as good as Rivers. You have to buy them. And hey, kudos to your mgmt for that move--they've realized they can't draft qbs for ****, so kick down the $$$ to buy one of the few better than Rivers. Honestly, they did what they needed to do to make the team a contender. I respect that. You're still going to get it handed to you cause the D sucks (that dumerville stuff was classic Denver), but at least they recognized a problem and came up with a decent short term solution @ qb.
  16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Any football fan over the age of 14 who is smarter than a cantaloupe knows that the time to talk smack is not after you lose a game at home that you were heavily favored to win. So, which is it, are you precocious 12 year old or a mentally deficient adult?

As for Rivers being a choker, I would think that as a Broncos fan you'd know what a real one looks like, having spent the last two seasons watching the greatest choker of all time quarterback your team to meaningless regular season victories and playoff failure. Enjoy the rest of Peyton's career. He'll retire at the end of next year having brought nothing to Denver but salary cap destruction and a serious case of Lombardi blue balls. As for Philip, he'll keep on whoopin' that Donkey *** for the next 6 or 7 years.
  17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    And don't forget 5-4 against Paid-a-ton and 2-0 in the playoffs.
  18. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol i guess the truth really does hurt :). The beauty of this is, you have absolutely no logical leg to stand on. That is because Phillip rivers is indeed a choker. Almost as bad as romo. So even if the broncos do fail, lol what the hell can you logically say?? That peyton is just like your own QB?? Lol! At least he's won once. A hell of a lot more than Philip ever did, and ever will.
  19. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, rivers is very talented i will give you that. But all the talent in the world means nothing if you have no mental toughness. His talent is very simply ruined by the fact that he's a choker. Don't believe me? Ask yourself this then......for all his immense talent, what has that gotten you record and success-wise over the years? Exactly. Nowhere. Because rivers simply can't close.
  20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    With the Colts, which has nothing to do with your donko logic.
    Face it, Rivers is better than any qb your org has drafted since Elway. You guys are doomed to mediocrity unless you pick up high end FAs. Also, if you read carefully you'll see that I said Peyton is better than Rivers.
    Thus, what exactly is it you are arguing?

As far as the Rivers end of things, you sound like you're still a bit bitter about the number of times he's smoked your boys.
  21. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    First off making the playoffs and losing is so much worse than not making it. Secondly peyton is known to choke during the playoffs. Rivers has a winning record against peyton.but have fun getting knocked out the playoffs.
  22. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm arguing that your point is absolutely irrelevant. Philip rivers is better than any broncos drafted QB? Um...ok? Who the hell cares? Philip is more talented than a lot of guys. Lol it means nothing! Because he hasn't won a damn thing dude. Lol as for him beating the broncos, i give you a boatload of credit :). Of course, considering the fact that tom Brady just pulled a phillip rivers and ended a game with an interception and loss, that chargers victory will ultimately cost the broncos nothing. Hahahaha. It's beautiful :)!
  23. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and the pathetic thing is that that winning record against one of the best ever will be the highlight of Philip's career when he calls it quits lol. He certainly won't have a damn thing else to lean on. And i don't understand how you think losing in the playoffs is better than bombing and not making it. The entire reason NFL players play is to get to the postseason and ultimately to the superbowl! So i don't know where the hell you're going with that argument dude.
  24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    True, you crumbling D will cost you much more.
    You've on weak ground with the other stuff. Your FO paid a lot for one of the top 2 QBs in the game. And he has won you no more than Philip Rivers has won the Bolts. So what?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings Received:
    +72 / 10 / -2
    U
    make the playoffs and lose u get aworse draft pick. With an old qb u got out of free agency, whose one of the greatest playoff choking qbs to play.in alittle less than 2 years. Youll draft another tebow in the first round.
  26. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    .......you do watch football, right? Peyton has won nothing like Philip? Um, this is only peyton's second season with them dude. Philip rivers, meanwhile, has had nearly 10 years of gag jobs. As for them paying for peyton, so? I don't see why that would be relevant at all. He's there, and that's it. Your arguments are pretty incoherent.
  27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Y'all sure you wanna keep giving his 14 year-old troll the attention s/he is so desperate for?

I mean, c'mon, as trolls go, we can do much better:

First this guy/gal, fails at trolling's first and most important rule: Attack your enemy when he's down.
    This troll is attacking the Chargers and Rivers after just being clobbered by both, on national TV
    (USA Today: "Broncos flop at home, Chargers capitalize for big win")

Second, though s/he doesn't understand Trolling 101 timing, s/he also doesn't even understand
    that if you're going to attack a professional athlete who makes 1,000x as much as you & your mom combined,
    at least think through your whine: Carrie-Anne keeps regurgitating a cry about how Rivers
    "hasn't won a damn thing." Obviously, most Charger fans wish Rivers had more than the 3 playoff wins
    that he has. But, last I checked, that seems like 3 more than Manning the Bronco has.

Now maybe Carrie-Anne is trying to start a new troll thing, in which Bronco fans can somehow
    try to ride on the coattails of what their players do with other teams. :roflmao: BTW, I love this idea,
    since Charger fans would love to add what Johnny Unitas did in Baltimore to Charger glory.

In short, what does this say for the caliber of
    trolling in 2013? Are we really so bored that weak
    trolling like this is worth engaging?

P.S. So Carrie-Anne's chief whine, is that Rivers is presumably much more of a "choker"
    (43% in playoff games [3/7] vs. the former Colt Manning 45% [9/20]) As I said, most 14 year-olds can troll much more effectively than this.
  28. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Clearly yes, you are so bored lol, seeing as how you replied. And hey, if you want to call it trolling that's fine. But what you'll also call it is truth, because that's exactly what it is. As for him making more money than me...um, ok? What does that have to do with him being a choker?? Or was that your idea of an insult? Lol in that case, spare yourself some embarrassment dude. As said, the chargers are nothing in the grand scheme. The third best team in a four team division. Face it :)
  29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    "Peyton has won you no more than than Rivers has won the Bolts," is what I said, which you seem to recognize later in the post, making your first two sentences, well, stupid. But that's pretty consistent with the rest of your 'rhetoric' so I guess it's no surprise.

Like I say, your attempt to disguise obvious trolling is pretty weak. Here are your pts so far: "Rivers is a choker. Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl (with another team). Now he plays for the Donkeys."
    Amusing really, more than anything else.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  30. trinity

trinity BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First, let me make something clear. You have your order wrong. I am not a peyton fan because he plays for the broncos, i am a broncos fan because they got peyton. I've followed him for about a decade, and i did not root for the colts anymore after they let him go. So actually, he did indeed win for me :). Second, so what i say is amusing? Lol i agree, this is very amusing dude. But go back and read everything I've posted. I challenge you to point out one falsehood. Go ahead, do it. Lol we both know you can't, because the choker point is absolute dude! It overrides the talent,and we both know that. So again, call it trolling if you please. It's also called "truth". Lol!