1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

a much needed reality check

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by trinity, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,530 / 10 / -0
    How cute, a Donkey fan came out to play.

/yawn

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    Logical leg to stand on? We just beat you. In your house. On national TV. Peyton clearly has the better team around him and Rivers beat him. Again. To go along with two playoff victories against Peyton. Peyton has faced Rivers and the Chargers at least 5 times with a team that was heavily favored to win and lost. That is the definition of choking. The only time in his career that you could argue Rivers lost to a lesser team in the playoffs was his first year as a starter in 2006. And that loss was hardly his fault. Manning, on the other hand, makes losing to an underdog in the playoffs an annual tradition. Whether it's Brady or Rivers or even Joe Flacco, Peyton gets upstaged when it matters most. That is the very definition of a choker.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    "Lol we both know you can't, because the choker point is absolute dude!"
    This is a great sentence. Are you smoking legal or illegal weed?
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    Wow. That's just pathetic. Any fan that changes team affiliation over a player deserves nothing but mocking and ridicule. And what has Peyton ever done to engender such loyalty? If you were a lifelong Donkey fan I'd at least respect you, despite your ignorance and stupidity. But I don't have time for traitors. So run along now. I'm sure your Peyton bobblehead collection could use a good polishing.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,332 / 35 / -15
    That was my reaction, too, boltssbbound. What kind of guy says:
    "Hmm...Peyton Manning (if not Tom Brady) is the most successful player in the game,
    therefore I shall bandwagon, and be his loyal fan, with no regard for the team he plays for!"
    ?!?
    So it's just a Peyton-fetish, eh? Or maybe a dream of being the middle 'man' in a humanning-centipede…
    I believe that trinity posted that it was his wish to lick Peyton's forehead…even as he lamented that there
    "...is no way I could ever produce enough saliva to cover it all." Sad. But then, who doesn't pity the life of a troll?
  6. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    I'm weak y'all!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This isn't really my style to indulge on threads like this, but um, how is this a reality check for Chargers fans? It would be a statement game for us, and a reality check for the Broncos. There was a lot of trash talking coming from Denver and their beat writers going into the game. Nobody gave the Chargers a chance besides the fans, coaches and players.

If anybody choked it was Denver. They choked in New England a few weeks prior, which helped New England gain a game on you guys and the tie breaker. And once again, you guys choked on TNF at HOME. Luckily, you were bailed out by Miami.

Now, I'll be the first to admit it, Rivers isn't the most clutch guy, but I wouldn't put Manning above Rivers. Sure, talent wise, but when it comes down to which QB is more 'clutch' or doesn't choke, Manning, being labeled a top QB of all time by the media and rightfully so, is probably the biggest choke job of those QBs.

Are you forgetting Manning is tied with Brett Farve for the most losses for a QB in NFL history? Are you forgetting he has 8 one and done post season trips? Are you forgetting his last playoff win came at home against a NYJ that had Mark Sanchez at QB? Are you forgetting the same Philip Rivers (2nd time was kind of Volek) beat Manning 2 years in a row in the playoffs? Are you forgetting in the SB against the Saints, throwing a pick 6 to Tracy Porter which turned the game on its head?

I sense fear, and I like it. I would love to get into the playoffs, and go right back into Denver, and WIN.
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
  8. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +33 / 1 / -0
    Honestly, Philip Rivers is not a choker, I don't give **** what you say Trinity, he's not. He's come through for us on many occasions in the 4th quarter and in games. Yes he has come up short a few times but that doesn't mean he's a choker. It's not consistent. He hasn't been the past couple years. Does two bad years destroy the other 7 years of great QB play from him? I think not...btw why waste your time coming on here anyway? Makes no sense to me, for you to go out of your way to talk ****. If you don't like the Chargers or Rivers why not keep the **** to yourself. You don't see any of us trying to find a Broncos fan site and bash their people. Get on with your life man..
  9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Every good forum needs a pet troll.
    Unfortunately, this guy got his arse bruised and left.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I am sure there are others here abouts still guarding the underside of the bridge...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +602 / 11 / -4
    Chargers fans??!!!??:eek::confused:;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    [​IMG]
  13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Is it? Is it really a hell of a lot more than we can expect from our team?
  14. Chris_S

Chris_S BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Trinity go suck a donkey dick. Dick rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk