1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A very nice draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Apr 24, 2012.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    McClellin is a nice player. He'd be a lot better for us if we already had a pass-rushing terror who isn't on the high side of 30 across from him. He'll do well in GB.

Hopefully AJ doesn't draft him. Just one more flavor of the week hyped by the media. And no way in hell does Smith make it to 49, deserved or not.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +714 / 17 / -3
    The thing about McClellin is I feel he'd be a better compliment piece than "Our Guy" I feel like who ever we take I vision will be the successor to Phillips and what Merriman was. Like BM said above he'd be better suited in Green Bay playing opposite of Mathews, the fact that he rose so quickly up draft boards is a bit concerning also, Branch is another guy who was sitting on top fell and is creeping his way back up so if it were the choice between Branch or McClellin I'd go with the former, at least he's been a top before
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Ant, you started a thread questioning just why McClellin is suddenly rising rapidly up the boards, but now you would be satisfied taking him at 18?

Is this lawyer-speak? ;)
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    I think he's a better compliment and a better choice even at 18 than Upshaw or Merclius, even if I don't fully understand why/how he's rising. Yes its part of being an attorney, it just shows how awesome I am :)
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Upshaw is more of a 4-3 DE IMO. Mercilus doesn't have much body of work IMO. If I'm gonna take a chance at 18, I'd go ahead & take the safety over McClellin.

Awesome, huh? More of that lawyer-speak. :whistling:
  7. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    I think Upshaw is a perfect 3-4 OLB but he's one in the mold of a Shaun Phillips/Jarrett Johnson - he's a solid complimentary player but not a game breaker. I'm not necessarily sure that McClellin is that kind of person, I think he has talent but I don't know. Frankly I'm happy to push this M.O. in the hope of getting someone to panic and trade up.

And saying you are awesome is the last thing we are taught in school, right after they mentally beat the tar our of us
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Hmmmm .... I didn't realize that law school used drill sergeants. :confused:
  9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +158 / 2 / -0
    in the mold of shaun phillips/jarrett johnson???? last time i checked shaun phillips and jarrett johnson play their positions totally differently... and id argue that shaun phillips is deffinatly a game breaker, he may have been hurt this past season but a healthy shaun phillips is a playmaker on our defense
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +407 / 8 / -0
    I'd take N.Perry and H.Smith :D
    • Agree Agree x 1