1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

(Acee) Early Mock: Chargers Clusters

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by The LBC, Mar 10, 2011.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Mock 1: Chargers Clusters - SignOnSanDiego.com

Worth noting:

Aside from the fact that KA is going above and beyond wishful thinking in postulating that Prince, Quinn, or Miller may be available to us at #18 this is now the second article I've come across that links us to having interest in Cameron Heyward - and to him being a possibility at #18.

Also of note, Acee confirms how utterly rare it is for AJ to select a first round OL and that - while he has a penchant for surprises - it's probably not all that likely.

At the very least a positive to take from this is that he's projecting 50% of his 8-man cluster for #18 to be DE's (legit DE's not OLB-from-DE converts). At least someone else recognizes we need beef; now let's hope AJ does too.

2nd round cluster:

I'm actually happy to see that someone else besides me is high on Orlando Franklin. He's got a sick punch, a quality frame, and he doesn't take plays off - finally someone other than Dielman who would actually be a "mean" blocker - as opposed to Clary's perferred "marshmallow demeanor."

Curious that he considers 6'1" Drake Nevis to be a DE possibility. The guy has no length to speak of (Jurrell Casey is the only stubbier DT in this draft) and reminds me too much of Brian Price from last year's draft - strictly a 4-3 UT with only a year of really good production who doesn't have more than two pass-rush moves.

Glad to see Greg Little getting some props - he's undersung in this draft and someone who would fit us really well: Natural hands, makes catches away from his body, high-points balls well, best run-blocking WR in this draft, deceptive speed, potential as a returner, and he's a thick, 'solidly-built' receiver (6'3", 230 lbs, which is comparable to proportionately smaller VJax though not much smaller and with better hands out the gate that VJ had).
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Acee has no idea.

Nos. 50 and 61???

Leonard Hankerson, WR: Broke Andre Johnson’s school record for receiving yards at Miami. Fast, physical at line.

Hankerson will be long gone by 50. Possibly a first round pick.
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    As a U fan you can keep telling yourself that, but all the indications I've got from some people that were actually sitting among the scouts at the Senior Bowl is that the actual team scouts are not nearly as high on Hankerson as the internet fan community is. He body-catches far more than people would like, he's a long-strider so he takes longer to get up to top speed and isn't the kind of burst guy that's going to shake his man in the first 5-10 yards to break free and be a major deep threat.

I agree that I don't think he'll be there at #50, but I'll be truly surprised if he breaks the first 32 picks.
  4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I also know his biggest weakness which is his hands. No scout has mentioned that he has bricked some balls. I still have to pull for the guy but the point is that Acee really put together a half assed draft assessment.