1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Acee profiles John Spanos... heir to the throne

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    and there lays the problem. Around here if we continue the bitching, we get labeled!
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +826 / 22 / -1
    Not picking on anyone in particular, just the people who make the same complaint over and over and over...

At what point is the bitch registered with the forum (we all know how someone feels) and then just repetitive and tiresome? NOBODY on this forum has any pull with the Chargers (at least as far as I know), so at some point the bitching is just noise.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    I've been watching the Chargers longer than you've been alive, so I'm well used to crap ownership. No door needed, but thanks for the offer.
    Just saying that it's a fan's right to voice their opinion. If that's a hurdle for you, you should find a new sport to back. Croquet might be more up your alley ;)
  4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Sure but the same line of logic holds for GMs, coaches, drafts, players etc. Because we can't do anything about it, we should just be pollyannas? Naw, even you don't believe that.
  5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    So are any comments. For instance, there are AJ-lovers who want to redefine his career post-hoc. Positive and supportive of AJ, yes. But ultimately ineffective, and just noise (except to those who agree ;))
  6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    You're not taking potshots at the mods over at the CMB, now....... are you? ;)
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    There's a huge difference between preferring Spurlock over Goodman to return kickoffs...
    and whining daily how much you despise ownership...a situation that hasn't changed in generations (1984)
    and looks to continue indefinitely. Naw, even you don't believe that's apples to apples.

Again, though I don't think highly of incessant complaining, I tolerate it fairly gracefully.
    But I think that the advice (offered by others) was sensible:
    If one is especially sensitive to noise...probably best not to move next to the airport.
    If you hate Fords...be a classy guy and don't buy a Taurus and whine to everyone about it daily.
    If one truly just can't stand this ownership (and I have my own gripes, but air them with some discretion)
    there are 31 other NFL teams that would love fans, buyers of tickets, jerseys, etc.

I think most restaurant diners would be annoyed at a loud customer next to them who went
    on and on about how bad their meal was...but would politely suffer the tirade.
    If, however, the same customer showed up and did it again Tuesday, and Thursday, and Sunday, etc.,
    it's reasonable for someone to point out that there's lots of other dining options
    (a good solution, assuming--of course--that the complainer isn't just desperate for attention)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    In the end, complaining about complaining... is still complaining.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Oh, come on Blue...you know better than that kind of false equivalence. You sound like those zealots who try to call atheism or agnosticism a "religion" so that they can whine about seperation of chuch & state
    as if it's unconstitutionally showing preference for the (imaginary) religion of "secular humanism"
  10. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    Are you still complaining, or are you just bullshitting now? ;)
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I'm just hoping you aren't sincerely equating the two phenomena...(plead "drunk" like LBC...it worked for him!)

p.s. Props on the Snickers/Telesco graphic...among your best...sure hope someone shows it to him...
  12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    And if one is sensitive to whining on the internet, avoid internet forums (they aren't the same as restaurants ;))
  13. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Not identical,but sufficiently similar in this case to make the point:
    If a person really can't stand some one or some thing, and there's no
    reason to believe that daily whining will accomplish anything
    (unless annoying others is a goal) in the next two or three of decades,
    yes, it's time to re-evaluate whether that's a good way to spend your "life"
    (such as it is).
  14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    How bout weekly complaints about a football team?
    Seems a lot more pertinent relative to the original conversation here. Though I grant you that exaggeration is a lot more fun.
    And the restaurant analogy is a bit off. You can't re-seat yourself in most decent restaurants. But you can choose not to read a thread or posts by certain posters. ie if you're getting annoyed in an internet forum you've been around for awhile, it's because you're choosing to read posts by those you know will annoy you. Whether that's a good way to spend your life depends on how much you enjoy being annoyed ;)
  15. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I get it: No lesson, however obvious and reasonable will be learned. :rolleyes:
    (I don't care much...it was someone else's point...I saw it more as advice to the whiny than a complaint)
  16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    No matter how much it applies to one's self. You do get it!
  17. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3