1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

After we draft Mt. Cody..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Mar 12, 2010.

?

Best running back available in round 2?

1. Jonathan Dwyer

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Ben Tate

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Toby Gerhart

11 vote(s)
    40.7%
  4. Anthony Dixon

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Dexter McCluster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I asked you a serious question - have you seen Dwyer play in person? I have - for the past 3 yrs. I'm not overly impressed.

You want to give a smart-assed answer, so be it. We all have opinions. I seriously doubt that very many of us have the resources to traipse around the countryside attending games. Reading, TV, & videos are what a hell of a lot of us rely on - you included.

FYI - I'd pretty much guarantee that I spent more time with my *** in the seat of a college stadium watching games than you did last year. Virginia Tech, UVA, Hampton University, University of Richmond, Norfolk State, William&Mary - maybe not upper echelon schools, but I put in effort, too & they're within reach. Pan it as you will - that's what you do, build yourself up by tearing down others opinions.

Rock on, big man. :tup:
  2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So because you seen him play in person, that makes you an expert?

And youre not completely right, you might of seen more college games in me this year in person, but even still i did go to every SDSU game this year (i know who cares about SDSU) and the Cal/USC game, so by your accounts, am i an expert on Taylor Mays, Everson Griffin, Jerry Hughes, Daryl Washington and Jahvid best?

Well then, i wasnt impressed at all with best in that game so hes gonna be a bust in the NFL!
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    What I'm saying is don't assume that I base my takes on youtube highlights. You don't know **** about me, just as I don't about you. Neither of us hit on every guy we pick.

By your own admission, your MO is to tear down other people's takes in order to try to make yours look better so again - rock on with your bad self.
  4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    I really hope they DON'T draft Cody. He has weight issues, can't stay in shape, and can't rush the passer. Two different draft guides think he will be a big dissapointment in the pros. He has too much hype associated with him, and he cannot shoot gaps or blow up plays in the backfield. He is basically a shambling mound. You want to waste a 1st rd pick on a player like that? He has way too many question marks for me. Once a player has weight issues and problems staying in shape, they have a tendancy to stay that way. There are better rated DT's out there than this guy. Yes, he can stuff up the middle but thats all he can do. So he will be out on the field one or two downs a series, maybe? That is not good value at a first round pick in my book. Weight, and conditioning issues are a definate red flag.
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    So who's better at the nose in your opinion? Just asking.
  6. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    I'm not in love with picking a NT. I say RB. But if we pick a NT it better not be him. He is a out of shape, fatty. See the thread about who we should pick #1. I'm not the only one saying Cody is not a good choice in the first round. If he IS the only
    NT left, then we need to pick another position. We can't afford to roll the dice on a player like this. A good NT to me is AL WOODS, LSU , or Dan Williams, Tennesee. Woods, projects as a project but has great physical skills and great upside.