1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Aikman has the Chargers #1 in his rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9738244

• Like Like x 1
  2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
  3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9737697

Which longstanding rivalry is going
    to determine a division title?

Clark Judge

San Diego-Denver.

They're the two best teams in the AFC West, and they're the two best teams in the AFC. Yeah, I know Indianapolis is undefeated, but these guys can stop the run; the Colts can't. Hey, the Broncos have allowed one touchdown in five games. I don't care if Jake Plummer or Christopher Plummer's quarterbacking that team. It won't make a difference if the D keeps playing like that. The Chargers are the best-balanced club in the AFC. Period. But before we move them to the playoffs, let's see them play Denver. For some reason the Broncos give them fits, beating them five of the last six and seven of the last nine. Kansas City's not a factor in the division, and neither are the Raiders. This is all about Denver and San Diego, and you can't make the call until they finish their series Dec. 10 in San Diego.

Clark Judge

Which interior defensive lineman is the best run stopper?

Give me defensive tackle Jamal Williams of San Diego. Did you see him handle Pittsburgh's Jeff Hartings? He pushed him all the way to Escondido. The guy's a load, and he's one reason -- and a big, big reason at 6-3, 348 -- why the Chargers lead the league in total defense and are third against the run. He plugs the middle. He plays with leverage. He uses his hands well. He's seldom off his feet. He plays the nose in a 3-4, so he's an anchor. And he's agile, with one defensive assistant telling me that it's almost impossible to cut-block the guy. In short, the man's a load, and so good that teammate Steve Foley earlier this year told the San Diego Union-Tribune that Williams "is our cure for cancer." Wow. How do you argue with that? You don't.

4. megold0715

megold0715 New Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    i much agre with trumpet man and thanks to all of you great people out there i will be at that chargers .broncettes game