1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AJ Smith hired as executive for Redskins

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gonzokrb, Mar 6, 2013.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    ESPN reports that AJ Smith has been hired by the Redskins. His title is "Senior Executive". He joins his son Kyle who presently works for Washington.
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    I'd reckon Deano is wearing a smile today.
  3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    So can we trade Clary to the Skins? ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Doubt AJ was ever terribly high on Clary - just figured re-signing him was better/easier than investing another pick in an OL (he let Goff go and folks made it so clear we "needed" another G that he had to sink a 3rd round pick and 4th round pick into two guards). However, maybe we can get him to give us some return on Brandon Taylor. I'll catch flack for this, but it's a pretty deep "good-not-great" safety class and I have trouble seeing where Taylor's strengths fit what Pagano wants to do with the coverage scheme (a lot of Cover-1). If we could get even a 5th round compensation from the Skins (who need safeties because Brandon Merriwether is garbage and will end up arrested before the end of next season... and who the hell else do they have?), I'd be overjoyed. More importantly... how does Washington feel about Jonas Mouton about a replacement to London Fletcher? Hell, let's just swap the two of them straight up right now!
  5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I see what you did here. :sneaky: