1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AL MVP

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by LT teh ghost, Sep 22, 2005.

1. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +313 / 0 / -0
    The two main people that are being talked about for the AL mvp are a-rod of the yanks and ortiz "big papi" of the bosox..now ortiz is a DH meaning he has no affect on what happens on defense only offense...while A-rod plays defense everyday.....So it seems to me that A-rod has a Bigger effect on the game than does Ortiz..Granted Ortiz is having a moster year offensively, but i just can't see giving a guy who gets to rest inbetween innings the MVP......I would have to vote for A-rod cause he is in the field everyday and still puts up great offensive numbers.........

Sorry but no DH should ever win the MVP......
  2. BengalFan

BengalFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A-Rod is on the Evil Empire, Big Papi is the Real Deal.

Big Papi is the meaning on MVP. Your basing a decision solely based upon not playing defense?

What does MVP mean? The most valuable player to his team. AROD is surrounded with talent. His numbers alone do not qualify him as an MVP.

Big Papi put the Red Sox on his back this season and carried them this far. Now ehter they make the palyoffs is yet to be seen. But the guy is the WALK-OFF king. How many times have you turned on Baseball tonight and see Big Papi with another Walk-off?

BIG PAPI for AL NVP. Unanamous decision.
  3. oca

oca BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'd have to go with Ortiz. Look at his numbers in clutch situations. He has a great average with runners in scoring position and two outs. Also look at his numbers after the 7th innning. He's the guy you want up to bat when the game is on the line.