1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alright Guys, I'll say it......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Nov 24, 2008.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Norv has to go. Clock management horrible, play calling questionable, on and on and on. I've tried to back Norval and can see clearly that this is not the right guy to take us to the Promised Land (Super Bowl). I've seen enough. I know Dean gave him a "vote of confidence" but we all know Dean says one thing and does another. I'm NOT for bringing Marty back (god no) but bring in somebody that can take advantage of the massive talent on this team. A coach that can get this team prepared, make the right calls and manage the clock better. In Norvs defense we don't have a couple of key guys from last years squad, Lo, Burner and Merriman injured and some guys (Cro, Weddle) haven't played to the level I thought they would. The defense does look better under Rivera but the it's the whole team philosophy and culture (as in winning) has to be changed and it starts at the top. Hell bring in a Cowher, Brian Billick, Jim Fassel, ANYBODY. I'm not necessarily endorsing all those guys, but I am convinced Norv is NOT that coach we need. Thoughts?

2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    And you couldn't have picked one of the 10,000 other anti Norv threads to say this?!? :icon_shrug::icon_rofl:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 7 / -2
    Let's get this train rolling.

I'm finally on board the FIRE N:icon_huh:RV Express, nonstop to Missing The Playoffs and a High Pick in the draft.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, no kidding. I can say this since Norv was NOT my first choice to coach this team after we canned Marty (thank goodness). I always contend that Norv was 6th on my list of 5 guys I wanted to captain this ship....

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Now put yourself in AJ's shoes. We have a worse record now then a few years ago with Marty. You get rid of Marty because he went no where in the playoffs. You hire Norv to bring us more offense and we succeed better last year then in the past 10+ years. Now, your team can't hold a lead or come back from a deficit. Fans are mumbling, players seem withdrawn.

What do you do? Norv brought us all the way to the AFC Championship game and due to untimely injuries......well, you know the rest. This year the refs haven't exactly helped us but we also put ourselves in bad position regardless of the refs. Tough call as a GM.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    If Norv goes, Rivera is the new HC. It's all mapped out.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 7 / -2
  8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I hear you. For AJ, it's damn if you do and damn if you don't. Didn't care for the Norv hire and questioned AJ and Dean for that move since he hasn't done much in the past as a HC. Not sure what AJ and Dean have to do but I'm convinced Norv isn't going to get us anywhere. We lead a LEADER, not a whiner!!!! I'd promote Rivera to HC at this point! Not sure who I'd get for OC. Hell, there's got to be SOMEBODY that can draw up better plays for this Pro Bowl talent!!!

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: Yup, it's takes a guy like Norv to derail this Charger Train......

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +419 / 7 / -1
    OK... put me down for a seat on the 'Fire Norv' train.

I've been reluctant to get on board for a few reasons. There are so many things wrong with this team I felt why pick on the one guy. Well no more.

I find it incredulous that more often than not when we have a third and short, if we don't run LT up the gut where he gets stuffed almost always, Norv calls this low % pass deep down a sideline.

Yes, Floyd bailed him out once yesterday but far too often what happened the second time (Rivers overthrew him) happens and it is a 3 and out.

For a team with 'safety valves' like Gates, LT, Sproles and even Tolbert and now Hester WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Rid us of this loser AJ just like ur other buddy Ted. Ur on your last chance now in terms of hiring a Head Coach. Fail miserably again and ur on ur way too...... :icon_evil:

Mind you when he was hired initially I was incredulous....... not that there was much left on the board after Dean took forever to rid us of Marty. I probably woulda gone with Rivera as HC back then, not so sure now. I like the Giants DC now.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I've been saying promote Rivera to HC since before Teddy was dumped. It's perfect - if we win, AJ looks like a genius again. If we don't, we've lost nothing.

I'm right there with ya, DB. I know that I jumped on the "Fire Cottrell" train early. Hell, I never liked that fat bastard from Day One.

Norv I tried to give a chance. I just can't support someone as a HC when he's proven himself to be a willing eunuch. :icon_eek:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    I want someone who been there, won it, and starving for another one.

Brian Billick!!!

13. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    The only reason Norv got as far as he did last season is because he was riding on Marty's coattails and the players still had fire and some key players to maintain it .

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +419 / 7 / -1
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,822 / 39 / -8
    He is talking about the teams that we have played that is Playoff calibur...

We are not.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +419 / 7 / -1
    Picked up some more gems from the 'Norvster';

He said if it was 4th and 1 'I probably go for it and go down there kick the FG and leave them with no time'

There is the height of his ambition right there, he wasn't even thinking about going down there scoring 7 and finishing it!!.

He was asked what he thought was the reason for defensive improvement, his answer wait for it - 'consistency'

Aha... no doubt about it, give the opposition a chance to win it on the last drive and our defense will CONSISTENTLY crumble. So he is right ha ha ha ha ha, moron.

He was asked are we playing like a playoff football team - he didn't say yes or no but waffled for a bit the way he does but meant to say 'eh No'.

OK THEN NORV DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT;

Bench Cro, I pray Cletis is healthy.
    Bench Goff, play Clary at RG and bring in Shelton at RT.
    Bench Igor (actually better still cut him).
    Even if Tolbert is healthy start Hester, while Tolbert looks like a keeper for the future, he cannot block for ****.
    Cut Mruc, if that tub of lard cannot push Goff dump him, esp after his not wanting to block on kick returns yesterday.

We need to get real serious now, no more ***** footin around these losers.

We can still do it, go Bolts!!. :icon_toast:

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    You lost me at the end there. :lol:

It's over dude. O-V-E-R:yes:

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    My brother in law actually brought his name up and I totally forgot the Ravens canned him. I'll take Billick. Dude has a ring and get's the respect of his players. Ask Ray Lewis about BB. He was pissed the Ravens let him go. I don't know. I'd take Billick over Norv right now. Hell, I'd take anybody over Norv right now.....:icon_sad: