1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Announcement Thursday.

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Thumper, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Are you all ready for the announcement? And no, LT didn’t get traded to the Raiders. The announcement will be posted here at 6pm PDT.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

FUK THAT!!!

I'LL BE IN BED BY THEN!!!!

I'M OLD!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,754 / 39 / -8
    No Kimmy, we couldnt have that. It is a good thing and a vast improvement for the forum as a whole.

It has the Conc seasl of HELLZ YEAH!!!!:tup:

4. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

OMG :icon_eek: So you're saying 24 is canceled.

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,754 / 39 / -8
    You may post to me all you like.:tup:

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,754 / 39 / -8
    The announcement is that I will be taking over as Vice Admin of the forum...

:icon_eek:
    :lol:
    :icon_rofl:

Sorry, I couldnt keep a straight face on that one....

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Shhhh... :yes:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,754 / 39 / -8
    No need. I have said all I have to say. I am not going to fight with you and wish you the best.

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    :icon_eek: :icon_eek: and :icon_eek:

10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0

Is this lil leisure? :icon_huh:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    patiently tapping both feet.... :icon_tease:

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Thumper is being "fashionably late" :flag:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Nope, just me. :lol:

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    THE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Well, this isn’t really just one announcement, but several.

First, I want to announce that start tomorrow Loren (PostAnteaterCharger) will be joining the moderator team. As most of you know, Loren has been the co-host of BoltTalk podcast for quite some time now and has stepped up to the plate and accepted this additional role. Please feel free to congratulate him.

Second, I have been at it again. Doing upgrades and maintenance to the forum.. As many of you know, I did a major upgrade to the forum software a few nights ago. Unfortunately this upgrade broke some of the custom code that I had installed here over the last few years. I will be going through much of the forum code over the next few weeks and features may not work at times. Please know that I’m working on all of this. Also, some of these custom features may not work properly with the new version and may need to be removed. Additional features also may be added. Please be patient and if you notice something not working, feel free to let me know. I may not be able to get to everything right away, but I will get to it.

Third announcement: The *** Clown Forum is going away. This section was intended as a place where if someone was banned, they could be put to explain and make an argument why they should be reinstated. It sounded like a great idea, but in reality, many of those sent to the ACF section using it to rant about whomever their issue was with. It simple created additional unneeded drama. From now on, those banned will really be banned. If someone needs to explain or make their case, my email address is posted on the main BoltTalk page at http://www.bolttalk.com.

…and the last announcement. There has been several instances where forum drama has IMHO gotten out of control. We prefer to not over moderate this place and that will continue. But there are times when something must be done. A new system has been put in place to help us moderate and help us with those times.

In the past when there was a problem with someone, we would try to resolve it via PMs and pager messages. In a few rare instances it was necessary to hand out some type of ban be it ACF or a regular ban. At times (even is we had sent warning messages) those banned were taken off guard.

This new system is an infraction system. When someone attacks, baits, continually insults other people or just tries to cause problems in general, they will be given an infraction or a warning. Warnings have no points associated with them, but standard infractions will give that person two(2) infraction points. Smaller infractions may have only one(1) point and larger infractions may have three(3) or more points.

What do these points mean? Well, for every ten(10) infraction points received, some restriction to your account will occur. At thirty(30) infraction points a one(1) day ban will automatically occur. Each additional ten(10) points will cause an additional day ban.

What if I get a infraction or warning and don’t think it was justified? Well, none of us are perfect and as mods we do make mistakes. That’s why this system is in place. If it was a warning, it gives you no points and doesn’t affect your status here. If it’s an infraction. a single infraction will do nothing to your status here. This infraction will expire after thirty days. It’s not something to worry about. We are more interested in weeding out those that repeatedly cause problems. I imagine many of us will get an infraction from time to time, but it takes 5 of them (standard infractions) in a 30 day period to have any restriction placed on your account and 15 in that same time to get a one day ban.

If I respond and am just attacking back after someone attacks me, will I also get an infraction? Yes, anyone involved in fighting will get an infraction. If may be a standard infraction or less or more depending on the situation. If someone attacks you please report the port instead of attacking back. This new system also requires that a mod check every reported post to see if it is worthy of an infraction. Do not abuse the report feature and report every post of someone you do not like, but if it’s legit, please report it.

I am sure there will be additional questions, so I’m creating an “Infraction System Question” thread in the help and Feedback section. Also, this system may be tweaked in the future so that it works best. If the point values needed are changed for any restrictions or infractions, I will notify everyone.

Thank You!

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the update.

For me, the jury is out on this infraction system... Kind of feels like it may lead to over moderating... That said, sometimes we need to fight. Will the same infraction system be in place in the Asylum? If not, we may have to take our fights there.

16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

To the extent that Loren and Ray feel it's tolerable. Once you cross the line, they press the "boot button" ;)

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Are you trying to bait Conc with this post? Actually he has nothing to do with this new system.

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Sorry you feel this way, but if you really need to fight, it will lead to infractions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.