1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Another big departure coming"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    He came from a spread offense. Run blocking was not his big strength coming out of college & then he sustained an injury.

The guy is a big mauler with plenty of nasty attitude. He's going to do just fine. There are already guys to push him. If we have a lack of depth in the OL, it's at tackle. Also, center is more of an issue in the interior line than guard.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Merriman is a washed up bum that ain't s*** with out the roids! :yes:

It's time he retires NFL and tries his luck in WWE!

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,637 / 29 / -2
    I can definitely see Merriman on Raw :lol:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Pro Wrestling is more for him.
    He's got character, personality, and intensity. Besides, he won't have to lay off the roids, so he'll go A LOT further than in NFL!

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Only people that don't get that he popped in APRIL and had a career year after the roids were well out of his system, and forget that he had a DC that had no idea how to rush the passer the year after, would say something as stupid as what you posted.

Funny how Demarcus Ware started having awesome stats the same year Merriman's dropped, which just so happens to be the same year Wade Phillips left SD for Dallas. But I guess that is just coincidence

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Between the fact that they brought in a linemen who had no idea how to run block, and they failed to get a RB in the draft the last 2 years when AJ knew LT's days were numbered, it just shows how little AJ and Norv feel a RB is needed in this scheme.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with that philosophy, but just say it and don't BS the fans into thinking the running game is important since it obviously isn't

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0

Was was out all of 08 and he sucked a** last season.

Sure he continued to do good in 06 after serving suspension for the roids and had a great season in 07. What has he done for the team lately?

8. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I can see that...
    [​IMG] or... [​IMG]

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Well, other than blow out his knee and spend nearly 2 years recovering from a completely blown out knee, I am not sure.

Dude, any rational person knows it takes a long time to come back from that injury, especially for someone who relies on their knees for a living. Will he ever get back to form, I have no idea. But it is completely idiotic to keep saying he only performed well due to roids, when he only popped on one test his whole life, and it was in the middle of the off season.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    I know that since January, the BS has been getting awful deep in here.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,634 / 11 / -0
    Deano stepped in and they kept LT for one more year - one more shot at a ring - they put 11mil into the rungame. Yes, we had line issues. Yes, LT played poorly. Yes, there were some bad play calls. Yes, there were injuries. In the end we still went 13-3 and the run game wasn't what lost it all for us in the playoffs.

Now, AJ is doing what it seems like he wanted to do a year ago. They're retooling the backfield personnel to better fit the team/coaches/scheme we have now and will have for the forseeable future. It's a great draft to do this too, very deep at RB and plenty of tradebait to work with thanks to the CBA stuff.

Until draft day and until the season gets started we won't really know jack about what the FO is trying to do for sure but to say Norv and AJ have zero regard of the run game and are just bs'ing all of us? That's pretty ridiculous.