1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody else not like the new Bolt Talk layout???

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Feedback' started by Chargers-Superhero, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I like the old style better. I especially don't like the light blue color on the font. Makes it harder to see. I don't know just wondering if anybody else kind of liked the old way better.

Oh, and what happened to all the Bolt Talk cash??? I lost it all.

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    That's why we need you feedback on what you like and don't like. This is just the beginning and will be doing more customizations and tweaks as we go forward. What this upgrade did for us is add more server resources and bandwidth to handle the upcoming season. Plus it tightly integrates the front page and forums. The color scheme and over all look is easily changed so please keep the feedback coming in on this thread, http://bolttalk.com/forum-help-feedback/25314-new-forum-layout-feedback.html

3. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    O.K., but the light blue color font needs to be darker IMO. But what about all the Bolt Talk Cash??? I lost all mine???

4. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    BoltCash will be coming back. The transition from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4 requires extra work to bring each feature across 1 at a time. However, removing features TEMPORARILY to get everything under 1 roof is better for the overall picture.

I am going to be darken/lighten/tweaking fonts, borders, backgrounds to get a much more similar scheme to what was here before.

I think once that is in place we will have a much happier bunch of individuals here.

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm just curious.... why it was decided the board needed to be changed?

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I don't mind it, I am so accustom to the old style this is going to take some getting used to.

7. robdog

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    Excellent question. Before the move, there were 2 sites, the .com and the .net. Even though these sites were supposed to be seen as 1 site, all search engines considered these sites completed different. So the thought was that instead of spreading valuable search engine rankings across 2 domains, why not maximize the value of the content and bring everything under 1 roof.

The ultimate affect of moving everything under 1 roof should be an increase in traffic and a much more stead growth of the community as a whole. The growth will come from an increase in organic traffic (search engine traffic) from the newly optimized domain (the .com).

The problem with the old software (vbulletin 3.7) was there wasn't a really effective way to merge a wordpress blog and a vbulletin forum. So we need to move the site to vbulletin 4.0 so we can use the CMS and forum feature to accommodate the content we had from both the .com and the .net.

I hope I answered your question.

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    If you have to change it... It would have been better to do in the off season not two weeks before the season starts...

JMHI

9. robdog

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    You are absolutely right. If I could do this in a perfect situation, the move would happen the day after the Superbowl. (in which the Chargers win) However, it would be sort of a waste to sit on a site such as this and not maximize its potential for the up coming football season. I would be doing you and the other members an injustice just to let the site remain as is.

I understand it is crunch time before the season starts and everyone wants their fan site to be in tip top shape. And BoltTalk will be there. I am betting my sleep on it... ;)

10. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    DARK font is the way to go. Much, Much, Much easier to see and read.

11. SDChargers1982

SDChargers1982 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I didnt like one thing...the name of the thread is in the http address...for example...I love the thread "http://bolttalk.com/chargers-fan-forum/22498-charger-girls-halloween-pics-2009-a-11.html" but how I access most of the time at work the firewall block because of the word "girls" in the link...

There is other words like: game, player, video...so a lot of thread will be blocked for me becasuse of the firewall of my work...

If it could be fixed I appreciate.

Thanks...

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I found that the Bolt Talk LIQUID theme is best.

13. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    New site updates are always challenging...they do take some time getting used to...what I'm not seeing..but missing a great deal...is the "newest" or"most recent" posts. Am I missing something obvious?

14. robdog

Ratings:
    +252 / 1 / -0
    There is a "What's New" button on the main navbar. Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,615 / 29 / -2
    This?

BoltTalkNewPosts.jpg

16. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207 / 0 / -0
    Excellent point.

17. dtspecial