1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody notice the board getting a bit clickish?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thejdog, Jul 8, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I believe the word you're looking for is cliquish.

If you knew this you'd be part of the exclusive club. :mad:
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    On a more serious note, however, all boards on the internet can be viewed as "cliquish" from an outside observer and/or someone who doesn't frequent the board quite so often.

It's human nature, some people in the board frequent it a lot and, thus, get to know each other a lot more than other posters/newcomers. Perhaps not to the extent as people they meet offline, but still to some degree. Although a lot of us here have met offline on many occasions at tailgates and what not. But I'm attempting to discuss boards in general here, not just bolttalk.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    hasn't really seemed that way to me but i guess it can in a small regard especially because there's a small core here that has been around for a bit going back to the SDUT and the Chargers.com boards. my only response to those who see it as cliquish is to jump into the crowd with your opinion and have a good time. I was on the outside looking in as were quite a few people. This is a good group, you just gotta dive in and enjoy yourself. Oh! And have thick skin. :icon_tease:
  4. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Come into the RWA-we're not a clique-just a gaggle of hos...

I did it and I'm glad. I have friends I have met there I will keep for life.
  5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I try to stay apart from cliques so I don't really pay any attention to it. We're all Charger fans and that's what matters.
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Cliques and friendships form on any internet forum. It's just the nature of the beast. But it's my goal to have a board here that is welcoming to all Chargers fans, and all NFL fans for that matter.

Anyone that has any suggestions to make this board more welcoming to all fans, or just to make this a better board in general, send me your ideas. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts and can promise you that they'll get serious consideration.
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Also, it's the off season right now and there really isn't a lot of news happening. It's during this time of year that the most regular of posters are very visible. These most regular posters have developed the friendships that keep them here to post with friends when there isn't much going on. Just by the act of them posting with friends, it gives the appearance of a clique.

Just jump on in and post if there is a topic of interest to you. The water is warm and most of us don't bite.
  8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0
    Word, doggie. I used the same word (except I spelled it clique-ish, no clue who has it right) in a discussion about acclimating new people just this past week.

EDIT: To ammend this post I kinda think the board has always had that kind of feel to it. I don't think that anyone is intentionally inhospitable, but there is a small, tight-knit group of people here and I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
  9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    There is a core group here no doubt but, I'll say this -

You won't find another board that treats anyone and everyone that comes in with more respect no matter what their point of view.

and, you don't find every thread going off-topic in the first 5 minutes it's created.

plus,

BOLTHEAD CHEER LIVES !!!!

NUFF SAID!

:abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I remember my early days of posting at the UT boards (2004) or the Rivers draft.

When I started reading these forums (UT & Chargers.com) I immediately figured out there was an inner circle of grab assers. I sort of felt like these people thought they were better than everyone else because of the way they banded together like a bunch of wolves. I did not care for what I was reading or seeing and did not post for a few years because I really thought all this stuff was fugin' stupid (posting) and all this clique ****.

My first thought was screw these fags. :yes: Even if they were Chargers fans, these posters were just idiots in my book so I did not care for anyone. I never intended to post and stay on any forums because of all of the grab assers and the special entitlement these people felt. Fuc em :icon_eek:

.....then......all of a sudden........I find myself getting lumped in the mess and accused of being one of the al-queda ringleaders. :abq2:

**** all I wanted to do was tailgate and watch some football. The clicque thing is just an extension of personalities that think alike (and no they are not gay) :lol: so it is what it is.

Hey man just bring beer and some weed. :icon_beer: :icon_high: :football: :nana_rasta: :rockout:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Last year when I joined there were 250 members. Now there are close to 2,000. The site has grow at an incredible clip.

Off season hits and all boards slow to a crawl and fights break out because we are eager to cannabalize someones young again then it is all good after the season starts. So goes the cycle......
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Cliques?

Yeah we got them.

There is the Leisureites, who get riled up and flat out ask people to get out of their threads if they are not on the 'in'.

There are the ho's who accept anyone able to click on the balance icon and give rep.

There are the grabasstic group who like to crack one another up.

There are the mensas who want to beat everyone into submission because of their self proclaimed all encompassing football knowledge.

There are the sneaky admin/mod types who seem to lurk every where at once.

Then there is the main clique of the forum. That being the people who like to come here and share thoughts, problems, acomplishments, football takes, wit, commeradery, time, wisdom, family stuff, baseball gosip, and so on. This clique is the primary and most important, because this clique is comprised of anyone who posts here.

People need to have a willingness to communicate, and if they want to come in guns-a-blazin, they had better have a thick skin, because there are a lot of people here who can respond. That is no different between a first time poster and the person with 10k+ posts.

I think this forum is one of the mosre inclusive. We do have problems with personality clashes, but face it, we are not a dating service, and we dont align people with 29 different angles of compatability.

It is the off season and the is generally the blood letting time. If the forum starts to get too touchy feely, I for one will be gone. There are forums that provide that level of 'protection' for people who dont like their takes criticized.

Everyone should have a say. That means everyone. When I post something people dont like (go check, you will see pleanty of them) people respond. They should have that right to respond just as I have the right to post.

That is my .00002 cents worth.

Everyone here could be accused of being a member of a clique, when in actuallality we all are a member of the Chargers On Line Forum Community Clique (COLFCC).
  13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

The Raiders Suck Clique is still the best one yet
  14. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Please forgive me for not pointing out that ancient and most powerful of all cliques... I will be accepting your red bomb now... :icon_sad:
  15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    It must of been a senior moment
  16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,009 / 1 / -0

Solid post CONC. :tup:

(let the grab-assing commence)
  17. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +135 / 1 / -1

Some of the posters here definately have their "cycles"
  18. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    clique

noun
    an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose.

With the exception of EXCLUSIVE, I think this fits the whole site. I cant think of any group that acts or is exclusive here.
  19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure 3,700+ posts makes you "NEW"
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Yer talkin 'bout me, aincha?:mellow:
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Well in his case we do make an exception...:lol:
  22. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Man, you cant let the off season do that to you...

You need to do it year round...:yes:
  23. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Yeah, I think he was one to vote me out of Las Vegas... :lol: