1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are the Chargers a one half football team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    Wee have seen it time and time again. Come out playing well in the first half and crumbling in the second. in the past we could scream that it was all Norv Turner and AJ Smith. Well the specter of those two might be lingering, but we cant say it is their game plans any longer.

Is it Rivers? Lord knows that he is becoming more and more erratic as the games go on. Is it that he expects to lose? Therefore he has a self fulfilling prophecy?

Is it all the D? I mean teams should just get 2 penalties against us, get into 3rd and long then they are safe, or run the ball, or throw to the tight end, or pass the ball.... The D shows flashes of being a good team but not consistency. Is it Pags? Is it the players?

Good ole Norv. He said in his exit interview that there were no quick fixes. Did he know something about the mentality of this team. To me they seem mentally weak. Any second half adversity and they crumble. How many of our players believe they can... no believe they should... perhaps believe they WILL win? The answer my friends is not many based on last nights performance.

It is a 60 minute game, the Chargers all too often play for 30.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    They don't have any depth on this team, which means that no one side of the team can afford to go cold like it happened. Simple as that. The Chargers are a very very thin team and they can't afford to leave players out running without some kind of break or without some substitutions. They ran them out ragged and from there the execution turned to crap.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,547 / 44 / -6
    Is this anything like being a halfassed fan?
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    No pass rushers, no depth, no alpha receiver, and a QB who typically panics under pressure that's learning a new system.

It's gonna be this way all year. I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for 4-12.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +42 / 4 / -0
    Our Zone Coverage SUX. Why was cox/Da new guy/ playing 7 - 8 yards off Johnson? This isn't Highschool
    Matilack I total agree with you!!! (NO ALPHA RECEIVER, "1" pass rusher) we have lot flashes of 2 and 3. the 3 times we tossed the rock to M80. It was covered. We need to keep short and sweet. That silly INT that was so readable. Everyone know's it was going to Woody. You know if that was Manning, that would have been a "DO~OVER" that was hard hit (We got baited)... Cam's running over of the center. Im like WTF. How do you play FOOTBALL??
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,547 / 44 / -6
    Growing pains with a young team is expected, Rygina went MIA in the second half, same ole, same ole and was beaten badly to the corner by a 330lb lineman. M-80 and Gates are ancient and easy to contain when there simply is no other threat on the field especially the running game.

The defense is up to their old tricks again, 3rd and forever's are a gimme or so it seems. No pass rush giving Schaub enough time to picnic in that fine Southern California weather. Holes as large as the El Cajon Valley to run through wont force very many punts but do help to increase the pain of more missed opportunity.

I don't know what the Texans starting average was but it sure as hell was better than what the Bolts could muster. There were some good punts and bad ones but nothing that was terribly wrong on ST's that couldn't be overcome. The offense and defense lost this game and both units have a lot of work ahead of them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Damn, that's some nice writing Hex.
  8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +224 / 8 / -3
    Offense disappeared in the 2nd half = gassed defense with a HUGE drop-off in talent behind the starters.

Add in a couple of key mistakes/errors

Serves thousands of disappointed fans

Icing won't quite cover the turd AJ left - yet.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I caught hell last week from boltsbound when I said this was a 5 win team. Maybe I was too optimistic? :D

http://bolttalk.com/threads/chargers-post-cut-moves-thread.28143/page-3
  10. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +42 / 4 / -0
    Question BoltFans

Did you really expect the Bolts to as well as they did? Honestly? Honestly?
    1) I think we held our own(Texans 12' 12-4)(We still have lots work to do on both ends(ZONE D) and Running game and Route Running Poor Clock Management
    2)It's a good start lacking our depth (with "45" minutes on "D" and hands on hips)
    3)PR became predictable with Woody
    4)I think we need to be seasoned a little more before we get take off the grill I'm with most of you guys...we're there to be contenders in AFC WEST again, but we have some/a lot of work to do . Eagles are going to be another test! But, I think we can hang.
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    "Amen!" says Tiffany...

Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 11.21.43 AM.png

p.s. Yes, I think if you asked Charger fans before the game, if they'd be pleasantly surprised
    to lose only by a last second FG, after leading a good team virtually all night, they'd say yes.
    But the epic collapse hurts. Bad!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    Sci-fi averaged 47.8 yards on 6 punts.... I dont see how you can expect better than that other than the gunners doing their job and pinning the ball down inside the 20.

Or the Offense does its job, and theres only say 3 punts in the game.