1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

At the bye

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 19, 2012.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Haha I'm pretty sure I know how this thread will go but I want everyone's opinion anyway. Look at all 6 games, not just the last 2.

Rate our offense

Rate our defense

Rate our special teams

Rate our coaching

Predict our record for the final 10 games.
    @CLE
    vsKC
    @TB
    @DEN
    vsBAL
    vsCIN
    @PIT
    vsCAR
    @NYJ
    vsOAK
  2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    It is so hard to rate things when we have won 3 games against chumps and lost 3 games against good QBs. Offense has not been good enough. Defense has show excelent signs, but they are the epitome of our glass jaw status. Special teams has been good. Coaching has been terrible. Norv is Norv. Pagano hasn't been much better than Manusky.

Our last 10 in my opinion with the % chance of winning:

@CLE Win 80%
    vsKC Win 65%
    @TB Loss 45%
    @DEN Loss 20%
    vsBAL Loss 40%
    vsCIN Win 51%
    @PIT Loss 20%
    vsCAR Win 75%
    @NYJ Win 51%
    vsOAK Win 60%

That gives a shot at a wild card, but I would not be shocked by 2 more losses on that schedule.
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'm going to rate everything on a scale of 1-10

3. I give our offense a 3, because there's not one player on this unit playing above an 8, and many playing at a 1.

8. If I was just rating the corners I'd give us a 1. If I was rating the unit with the exception of the corners I'd give a 10.

9.5. This unit has been absolutely stellar. My only qualm is that Goodman is garbage and shouldn't be playing football at this level. The lights are not on for this kid.

2. 1/2 of football is making adjustments, so right off the bat you know that this group doesn't deserve anything higher than a 5. I've gone into the reasons why I think our coaching staff is inadequate in other threads, and don't need to rehash it all here. I think there are some bright spots, but the darkness is overwhelming.

I think we're looking at 6-10. I was completely overwhelmed by how badly this team has fallen apart over the last 3 weeks, and I think that I was somewhat blinded by the garbage calls at the end of the NO game and our 3-2 record to how bad our O-line and Corners are. I think that if Cleveland can beat Cincinnati then they can beat us, and we're on the road. At this point, I've just lost all faith in this season, and am hoping for draft position so as to accumulate draft picks. Honestly, we might not be able to beat Carolina, either.
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    WE WIN OUT!

OH YEAH OH YEAH ITS YOUR BURFDAY!!!!

:abq1::abq2::helm1::abq2::abq1:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Rate our offense - 3/10, we've scored 30+ points in 2 of the 6 games. BUT this offense has yet to lead us to a win. It's been our defense and ST forcing turn overs and putting us in great field position. This offense stinks right now, and shows flashes of greatness at times.

Rate our defense - 7/10, corners are pitiful. We really haven't been able to make a stop because of our corners. Our pass rush has been great, but really ducked out against the Broncos and that's because of Manning's greatness too but still it was pitiful and same for the Saints and Falcons. Have yet to give up 100 yard rusher and I believe we've only given up over 100 yards rushing once against the Falcons.

Rate our special teams - 10/10, best phase of our game. We've caused turnovers but haven't committed them. Don't have a problem with Goodman not taking knees cause he still get's to the 20 anyways and averages 28.0 and has had 20+ yards a return 15 times already this year.

Rate our coaching - 6/10, Defense and Special Teams coaches have been great, our head coaching though has been horrid. No adjustments are made at half time and poorly disciplined.

@CLE - W, should be able to beat the Browns. Their offense can't beat our defense.
    vsKC - W, at home, we should take care of them since Cassell & Co usually has the turn over plague against us.
    @TB - W, their defense is physical, but we shut them down rushing the ball I don't think Freeman can beat us with his arm.
    @DEN - L, just don't have a good feeling about this one.
    vsBAL - W, Baltimore doesn't travel West well, as you saw last year. No Webb or Lewis, we should be able to beat them.
    vsCIN - W, another AFC North team that doesn't travel West well.
    @PIT - L, after two straight weeks of playing AFC North teams, a 1:00 pm game, and fatigue will haunt us in this one. Expect a big Pitt win in Pittsburgh.
    vsCAR - L, Ron Riveira returns to SD and absolutely makes us look foolish. Knows Norv all too well.
    @NYJ - W, this could be a potential loss.
    vsOAK - W, well take care of them at home. hopefully.

yup i have the Chargers going 7-3.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    My grades.

Offense: 5/10 - Or in otherwords an "F" grade, not passable. Rivers has never played better than mediocre, even in our 2 high scoring games our defense was more responsible than our offense that struggles consistantly to move the ball. OTs are a serious issue, and the play calling only serves to expose our weaknesses more.

Defense: 6/10 - Our secondary is horrendous, but the pass rush has been inconsistant and underwhelming as well. If it weren't for Liuget and Butler who have blown me away this would be a solid 3/10.

STs: 8/10 - Richard Goodman is a clown, a flat out stupid football player. The only black mark on what otherwise is a very good unit.

Coaching: 5/10 - No need for me to say anything about Norv on this board. John Pagano has tried his best despite his torn achilles tendon that is Jammer, Cason, and Gilchrist. I actually love what he's done scheme wise moving players around, I've even seen Donald Butler line up and become an edge rusher. I think we'd be wise to keep him around even after Norv gets fired.

Final 10 games: 5-5. Our inability to deal with adversity is shocking, Norv has done his worst job yet, and even if Wright comes back and peforms we still have to field more than 1 CB.
  7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Q: What is the state of the Chargers...... is the glass half full, or half empty?

A: Nick Canepa - "The glass is half empty"

A: Kevin Acee - "The glass is 3/4 empty"

A: Michael Gehlken - "The glass is full of broken shards"
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +75 / 1 / -0
    That's the spirit......
  9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 7 / -1
    Rate our offense
    3/10
    Rate our defense
    6/10
    Rate our special teams
    7/10
    Rate our coaching
    2/10 (1 for Bisaccia and 1 for Pags, the rest get zilch)
    @CLE L
    vsKC W
    @TB W
    @DEN L
    vsBAL W
    vsCIN W
    @PIT L
    vsCAR W
    @NYJ L
    vsOAK W

ie. 9 and 7
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Every unit gets a 5 of 10 from me. Average across the board. 8-8 finish. Average average average.
  11. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    what are you smoking? in 22 years as a HC Norv has only 3 times won more than 10 games. That is a whopping .14% chance of a winning record. It does not look good. But there is a chance.
  12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I have been saying 8-8 since day one of the season. I am starting to think that this prediction is too optimistic. ;)
  13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    It's impossible to tell. Need I remind you of 2009 when we stringed off 11 straight wins? Never underestimate this team.
  14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Yeah but that was when Philip Rivers was still good, and Kyle Orton was the 2nd best QB in the division.
  15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    That was 3 years ago. This team is not that team. Live in the now.
  16. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    Yeah I understand what you mean. I'm just saying this team has the same people that were apart of that run here.

That could happen or we could get the last two years and fall apart. In any case I see our chances to win the division and make the playoffs relying on the upcoming game @Denver. Hopefully we don't slip up until then.
  17. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    We had a line and our corners weren't complete **** in coverage.
  18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    If there is a chance the why reply?
    • Funny Funny x 1