1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bolttalk.com mock 2/27/08

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LT-Express, Feb 27, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    Thanks to Anteater and Thumper for the help!!

1)Miami- Jake Long OT Michigan
    2)St Louis- Chris Long DE Virginia
    3)Atlanta- Matt Ryan QB Boston College
    4)Oakland- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
    5)Kansas City- Glen Dorsey DT LSU
    6)Ny Jets- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
    7)New England- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio St
    8)Baltimore- Keith Rivers LB USC
    9)Cincinnati- Derrick Harvey DE Florida
    10)New Orleans- Leodis McKelvin CB Troy
    11)Buffalo-Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
    12)Denver-Kentwan Balmer DT UNC
    13)Carolina- Ryan Clady OT Boise St
    14)Chicago-Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt
    15)Detroit- Mike Jenkins CB South Florida
    16)Arizona- Calais Campbell DE Miami
    17)Minnesota- Kenny Phillips S Miami
    18)Houston- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
    19)Philadelphia- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St
    20)Tampa Bay- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
    21)Washington- Lawrence Jackson DE USC
    22)Dallas- Aqib Talib CB Kansas
    23)Pittsburgh- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
    24)Tennessee- Limas Sweed WR Texas
    25)Seattle- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
    26)Jacksonville- Deshaun Jackson WR California
    27)San Diego- Pat Sims DT Auburn
    28)Dallas- Felix Jones RB Arkansas
    29)San Francisco- James Hardy WR Indiana
    30)Green Bay- Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
    31)New England- Spygate Forfeit
    32)New York Giants- Dan Connor ILB Penn St
  2. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I think we take the best DT , S, or ILB available.
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    This is an early mock that I'm sure will be refined several more times before the draft.
  4. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    Yes, we are going to do an interactive site mock, closer to draft day! Should be alot of fun I will be announcing details soon so stay tuned!!!
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Damn! I can't be very interactive on dial-up!! :tdown:
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Nobody said we're not doing a draft in the chat room again. :icon_huh:

Things are going to be a little different this year though and LT-Express is working out the details. One thing I can say will be different this season will be the number of rounds.
  7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I dont know where that mock came from and dont care, but after today with the release of Olivea, Clary having surgery with a 4 month recovery .......i am almost certain we will pick a RT in the draft now in the first round...which is what i was hoping for anyways and ive been saying all along.
  8. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    They still offer dialup? :icon_shrug:
  9. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    well, we agree on something... although I'm a little less certain... :lol:
  10. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    Well if you dont care why post a response? This mock was done by Thumper, Anteater, and myself! The draft is full of curveballs fellas and we did a post combine mock with a few! All I have heard on this site is how we need a DT, and OT....So we put a DT there...I personally dont think its where we go but it is a need none the less!
  11. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    I still have yet to figure out why a nickel back is not a huge need since we play in the AFC? I still think a nickel back is where we go and RT we pick up in FA!
  12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    we used our 4th rdr on a CB... what more do you want... :lol:
  13. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0

Yeah and what OT in FA would be recomended? I sure dont see one and i doubt AJ will sign anybody.
    He seems pretty clear and content to get comp picks from losing MT and Florence.

Sorry i hurt some feelings LT-Express. At least it looks like i did. I didnt say the mock sucked i just said i was pretty certain OT will be our pick now. Clary is on the mend and average, Olivea is gone which leaves us with McNeill, Clary and Pape on the roster and Pape sucks.

Will still may pick a DB in the draft but imo that depends on how they feel about Gordon's progression which is something we do not know.
  14. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0

Trust me I have thick skin, you didnt hurt my feelings....I was just stating the fact that saying you dont know where this mock came from and you DONT care shouldnt have been said! All I am saying is OT is a great possibility and definetly a need...HOWEVER OT are very deep in this draft and I think we can get one later that would be sufficient! CB's are somewhat deep however the need is great this year and there will probably be atleast 5 going in the first round....I just cant see us waiting till later rounds to get a nickel back! If we have a chance in the first I would like to see us get a guy like Brandon Flowers or Reggie Smith!
  15. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Well if Oliver or Hart were coming off of shoulder surgery that needed 4 months to recover, i might agree. But they arent and Clary is....who is already average at best.

I wouldnt complain about a DB but it is clear to me that OT is a bigger need at this point. IMO Our next pick wont be till the 5th round ( comp pick included) so i dont see where that is going to upgrade OT asside from getting us depth which means hoping Clary doesnt get hurt again while he is still only average.

OT is deep but not that deep unless you think someone like King Dunlap, Kirk Barton or Brandon Keith can start over Clary.
    Would be nice to get LT and Rivers some good beef.

IMO a DB depends on how they feel about Gordon and that is something we dont know.
    If they feel he has progressed to the point he can be a dime back and Oliver can play nickel or vice versa, then DB isnt a priority imo.
  16. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    don't know if you guys read todays UT, but the article on Olivea made it pretty clear AJ is targeting an OT, maybe two, in the draft...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20080229-9999-1s29chargers.html

The departure of Olivea leaves a hole in the two-deep at tackle. But Scott Mruczkowski and Erik Robertson can play there, and the Chargers were already expected to spend at least one and probably more draft picks on an offensive tackle.

The Chargers have five picks in April's draft, but because of trades last year they have no second-or third-rounder. Sources inside the organization say the team will actively pursue another pick in the first three rounds.

“That could change with some wheeling and dealing,” Smith said of the Chargers' current draft picks. “We won't know that until we go through the process.”
  17. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    lol....your missing my point! I never once said that OT wasnt a priority, as a matter of fact I said it was a priority! However what I said was I am really not sure why no one thinks a nickel back isnt a priority! And please spare us all with the Paul Oliver stuff, Paul Oliver is way to slow to be a nickel back he is more of a FS than a nickel back. A guy like Wes Welker would eat him alive, we will see about Cletis Gordon he is fast but very raw not sure he is the answer!
  18. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Because Welker and his 4.6 is faster?

OK, just get ready to be wrong.

BTW......Brandon Flowers( who i like BTW) isnt any faster either but yet you keep pimping him while saying Oliver is too slow and Flowers had those two months to prepare for his combine workouts while Oliver did not.
  19. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    LMAO!! 4.6? haha okay!
    So I guess Anthony Gonzalez runs a 4.6 to is that right? Do you really want me to post his 40 time?

Dude you seriously have to start reading, what I post so I will start putting it into caps for ya!!!! I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT WE WOULDNT DRAFT A OT, SO I CANT PREPARE TO BE WRONG CAUSE I NEVER SAID THAT WE WOULDNT!!!!! AS A MATTER OF FACT I SAID IT IS A HUGE NEED, ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THERE IS A NEED THERE FOR A NICKEL BACK WHEN FLO LEAVES, AND BE PREPARED IF WE DONT, TO WATCH YOUR MAIN MAN PAUL OLIVER GET BLOWN BY IN THE SLOT! I HOPE HE DOES PAN OUT AND I EAT CROW BUT IMO PAUL OLIVER IS TO SLOW TO COVER GUYS OUT OF THE SLOT!! NOW ON TO FLOWERS, FLOWERS PLAYS ALOT BIGGER AND FASTER THAN HE IS DUE TO HIS DISGUSTING BALL HAWKING SKILLS! HE IS A HITTER AND I WILL TAKE HIS BALL HAWKING SKILLS AND INSTINCTS OVER PAUL OLIVER ANYDAY AND 2 TIMES ON SUNDAY!! I AM DONE WITH THIS CAUSE WE ARE GOING TO GO IN CIRCLES AND ITS JUST USELESS AND A MOOT POINT! I WILL NOT BE UNHAPPY IF WE DRAFT A OT IN THE FIRST, I AM JUST SAYING WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT OUR NICKEL SITUATION AND THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD ONES SITTING OUT THERE THIS YEAR IN THE FIRST! IS IT LIKELY WE DO? MAYBE NOT BUT IT IS A NEED NONE THE LESS!
  20. Boltjolt

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Who cares about Athoney Gonzales. What does he have to do with anything?

Feel free to post his 40 time. I know it is in the 4.55-4.6 range. Anything you have faster is probably from his schools bio or something like that which means little as they also post innaccurate heights too. I rememeber when he had his proday and his times werent that great.

I can post a 40 time for Oliver from Rivals that shows he ran a 4.32...but i know that is not accurate.

Welker isnt as fast as you think he is.
    I read everything you wrote. You chose to rehash the OL when i was talking about something else which was Oliver and Welker.
    I didnt say you would be wrong about the OL, maybe you should read what others write because i meant Oliver and CLEARLY you didnt see Oliver play at Georgia to post what you just posted because he was damn good. He would be a first round pick in this draft had no not come out.
    Yes, ill say it again....he would of been a first round pick.....AHEAD of Flowers .

I like Flowers as i said and yes he is a hitter but he isnt anything that Oliver isnt and for somebody who is a self proclaimed "draft expert", you sure dont seem to know anything about him except you know he didnt run well at his workout and apparently dont know the circumstances and dont know he was already behind at TC.

Mark this down, Oliver will be a good one and the staff is impressed with him.
  21. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    LMAO!! YOU WIN BRO, YOU ARE THE DRAFT EXPERT...LOL! I TOLD U IN THE LAST ONE I AM DONE WITH THIS TOPIC! GOOD JOB I WILL TAKE DOWN MY STATUS AS A DRAFT EXPERT...LOL!

:tup::tup::tup:

GO PAUL OLIVER!!!
  22. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
  23. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    ... are pathetic...

... it would be so AJ, to have the top CB (on my board) to fall to him at 27.... Leodis come on down...

but.... if Willliams fell to Seattle, I'd be begging AJ to move up to get him... gotta keep PR verticle...
  24. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0