1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BoltTalk Mock Draft Challenge.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thumper, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    The following is from the first post in this thread.
  2. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Congrats to Boltjolt. :tup: I need a loan:lol:
  3. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Wow no kidding?

Thats great. I knew i started off well but tailed off badly partly due to trades. I really thought it was up for grabs.

Thanks for the Boltcash...... Too bad it isnt real money, id like to take the week off :lol:
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    :lol: Congrats MTL, on your last place finish. :lol:
  5. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    I'll take it. The extra 25k is for the emotional damages posts like yours will cause :yes:
  6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0

:lol: :icon_tease: ;)

Rmancil beat you.
  7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Be nice people. This was all for fun. This was a strange draft. More trades than any other NFL draft ever. Everyone that participated did a great job. :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0

*takes a bow*

Thanks Carrie...:cool:

Yeah This Was Pretty Fun....Especially For My First Time Doing Anything Of The Sort...But Honestly After Pick 6 I Was Already Resigned To The Fact My Draft Was Busted....All The Trades Destroyed Me....

:cool::tup::abq2:
  9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Great job there Boltjolt for getting the Million in bolt cash.:icon_toast: :tup: :abq2: :abq2:

Your Draft Boltjolt was in my opinion an A+ for the excellent picks that each team needed for the first round that you picked for. :tup:

The trades were a killer for us all here who played in the challenge.

I am shocked that I was able to get a tie with Simba for 3rd place. :icon_eek:

I am now in the bolt cash riches. Woo Hoo. :icon_banana:
  10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +318 / 1 / -0
    :tup: Just wanted to say congratulations to Boltjolt for winning the 2008 Bolttalk Mock Draft Challenge and becoming a Boltcash millionaire!

Also thank you to everyone who participated and hopefully next year we can get more involved. I will be working all throughout the offseason and next season to make next years draft and even more success!!!!!

Thanks again to all!
  11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Congrats, Boltjolt - great job!!! :tup:

Screw the "professionals" - we have WAY more draft knowledge right here. :yes:

That's the last time I listen to any rumors coming outta Miami!! :lol:
  12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Great job everyone!
  13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Great Job BoltJolt this only confirms what I have known for years when it comes to the draft you really know your stuff. Myself I think I will retire and take up a easier hobby perhaps cat herding.....
  14. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +318 / 1 / -0
    :lol: Cat herding :icon_tease:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    No need to retire. IMO you do know your stuff and I for one enjoy reading your insights as well as the insights of many of the posters here. This was probably the hardest draft to pick with the amount of first round trades that happened. I think everyone did a great job. :tup:

Besides, I hear they're laying people off in the herding fields in general. It's not a good time to be a cat herder. :no:
  16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    This was a tough draft to call, IMO. I listened to the rumors about Jake Long not wanting to play for Miami & let that color my choices. Then the trade market went wild. Atlanta's pick, IMO, was the trigger for everything in the first round. Once they went QB with Ryan,everyone else started jockeying to get their guy. If Atlanta had gone Dorsey or even an OL, the picks would have looked differently. :yes:
  17. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Kind words.......I think that Parcells went ultra conservative with his selection of OT Long. It is my opinion that Jake could be a All- Pro ROT however the Fish I believe will line him up at LOT where he will be good but never great. They also by selecting him made him the highest paid OL in football which is going to effect the team's cap big time.

I guess I am a bit more of a gambler and I thought at the end of the day he was that is why I selected Vernon Gholston who at OLB in a 3-4 could be in the Merriman class of pass rusher in the 3-4 defense.

That selection miss pretty much killed my early draft board.

I understand their are some openings for road side debris management now open in Iraq which I may look into for some spare change. You never know what surprises you might find in road side depris. Again it has to be easier than N.F.L. draft forcasting.
  18. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Atlanta's selection of Ryan killed the QB trades as it caused the Ravens to trade back and then take Flacco thus killing the Bolts trade down plans.
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Once I saw Atlanta take Ryan, I pretty much accepted that we would keep the #27 pick. Cason surprised me some. I didn't think we'd go OL after there was a run on the upper class, but I did think we might go with Flowers. Some of that is my VT homerism, I guess. After digesting this pick for a coupla days, we're probably better off with Cason. I never made much of the pics supposedly put up by Flowers, but I also must grudgingly admit that VT has had its share of troublemakers. Cason sounds like a choirboy! :lol:
  20. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings Received:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Citizenship is a factor and I think a concern with Flowers. Cason by all accounts is a hard worker and fits the Charger profile to a tee.

That said I think he is a faster Oliver and projects better to safety. In fact I think Weddle has better short area cover talent. Don't get me wrong Cason is a solid player and should come in a contribute day one which is important.

I don't think the draft fell real well for the Bolts.
  21. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Citizenship IS a big factor with AJ and i thought the Bengals finally realised that and then they went ahead and picked Pat Sims who quit the team once and has had issues there. Couldnt firgure out why SDRon figured AJ would be interested in him...but that was in 2005 when he quit so i guess he isnt THAT bad and then they picked Jason Shirley who has pending legalities going on still and was eventually kicked off the team. What the hec is wrong with the Bengals? I guess they will never learn and always suck because of it.

Anyways, thanks for the congrats everyone. One pick here and there and its anybody's victory imo.

I only do three mocks every year( with my last being my 7 rounder) and in all three i never changed my top 7 guys and never thought the Raiders wouldnt pick McFadden and Atlanta wouldnt pick Ryan.

As for Cason and Oliver....love both players and dont really care who plays safety so long as they are on the field. I really think Oliver is going to be a good one and he just gets ignored by everyone and im talking about the NFL pundits.

That wont happen for long and i think it will be a compitition between him and Cason for the nickel.

IMO we have one of the best, if not the best secondary in football right now and it was not long ago that it was a weakness.
    • Like Like x 2