1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

BoltTalk Podcast #039

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    The Philip Rivers era begins. In this weeks show, we discuss the following topics:
    • Goodbye Drew. Hello Philip.
    • Conversation with Philip Rivers fan and friend Teresa Morris (AthensPhilipRiversfan) from Alabama.
    • Chargers add veteran safety Marlon McCree.
    • Why is AJ so quiet in free agency?
    • AntEater’s FA rumors.
    • Tight end and special teams analysis.
    • Listener questions, comments and shoutouts.
    • Philip Rivers interview.
    Check out Chargers Review at http://chargersreview.ning.com. Please vote for us on Podcast Alley. Go Chargers!

Direct Download
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Hey CR, do the Chargers know about these? I wonder if we could line up a player to interview or line up a podcast from the fist training camp...
  3. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    I'm pretty sure that they are aware of it. I actually called them when I first started to get their permission to use the "Super Chargers song" on the show. Obvioulsy they said "yes". The closest I got to doing a player interview was during last years training camp. Willie Quinne's agent called me to set up an interview, but the day I was supposed to talk to Willie was the day he happened to get cut. I also called the Chargers office to try to setup player interviews, but they never called me back.

Oh well, I will try again this year during training camp and through out the season. I'm also hoping that we'll be able to talk to LT through one of our sponsors "Players Drink".
  4. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    Hi yall,

I'm kinda blushing here. I would hope that Philip considers me/my family as friends, but I just want to stress again, it's not like we get together for lunch every week. :razz: Cool as that would be...LOL...but it's not the case. We're just fans who have been blessed (yes I consider it blessed) to have been able to watch Philip as he "grew up" on the football field. I mentioned it during the podcast but I just did not want to mislead anyone.

Bless Philip's heart, he's probably thinking "that woman is everywhere!" He's always been wonderful to take time to talk and as far as fans, I'm honored to be a fan of the young man. If Philip ever calls us friends, it would be really sweet but it's not expected.

Thanks again to Ray and Loren for the invite to join the podcast. I hope I didn't ramble on too much. I enjoyed it and am grateful to share a few of my thoughts with the Charger fans.

Teresa
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Let me know if I can help. Perhaps the PR department of Botlttalk.com can get involved!:icon_lol:
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    As always, great job guys! :icon_mrgreen:

I even got a shout out! Cool! :cool2:
  7. AthensPhilipRiversFan

AthensPhilipRiversFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +331 / 0 / -0
    GULP!:eek:hmy: u mean that somebody like...important...could have listened to my dadgummed southern drawl and talkin bout Philip? ohhh geez..someone tell em i aint nutz...i'm just proud of da boy! LOL

u mean like the organization type folks...no player was gonna listen right?? cause if they give Philip heck bout his accent...aint no tellin what they would think bout mine!:icon_eek:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jermz9195

jermz9195 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey, that was another fun show! It was good to hear about Philip Rivers from the hometown Athens fan. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Thanks for the shout out too. The Chargers Review site is built on my company's web platform, Ning. We make it easy for anyone to create their own social and interactive web applications. I just added some new Chargers on the site, including the latest free agent signings. Rivers is on there too. Add your reviews!

jermaine
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yup another good show! I didn't know that Philip Rivers had such a huge following. I just hope and pray that he is the real deal, and that he will lead us to our 1st Championship.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    You and me both! I think Rivers will make some mistakes early in the season, but I'm gonna support the guy. He seems like a great kid with tons of upside. I hope he succeeds quickly. :icon_mrgreen:

edit: We've won a Championship before. It was the AFL championship before the merger with the NFL. We've just never won a Super Bowl.
  11. myk13 franch1se

myk13 franch1se BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well that was cool, i just found out about these charger podcasts and the first one i downloaded was this one and i got a shoutout on it :)

these are great btw, keep up the good work!
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ChargerRay

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for listenting myk13! :tup:
    • Like Like x 1