1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brees, Chargers ready for '05

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Jul 20, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +251 / 1 / -0
    <strong>July 20, 2005</strong>
    Source: <a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2199">Chargers.com</a>

Quarterback Drew Brees spent 12 non-stop hours Tuesday in Los Angeles talking Chargers football and promoting the team and the upcoming home schedule. In addition to pushing an exciting list of home games in San Diego, Brees was busy putting Chargers football in the national spotlight.

Brees' schedule got him up with the sun and on live on KTLA, LA's top morning news show, at 7:15 am. KTLA anchor Carlos Amezcua, a former San Diego news anchor and long-time Chargers fan, made Drew feel at home.

But no time for small talk. Brees was off to do a series of local radio and TV. He visited in studio with KFI, Fabulous 690, KLAC and KBIG. Drew also got a chance to hype the upcoming season with local TV stations KCBS, KNBC, KTLA and KABC.

There wasn't even time for Brees to catch his breath at lunch. Reporters and columnists from the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Daily News, Riverside Press-Enterprise and Orange County Register spent an hour with the Pro Bowl QB at Wolfgang Puck's Vert Restaurant in Hollywood.

"It was fun to get out and talk about the team and the season," said Brees. "A lot of people are sure excited about the Chargers can do this year.

"From the people I talk to, I think Los Angeles misses NFL football. Coming off our success last year, I think more and more people will start making the drive down to San Diego."

Brees got plenty of national exposure for the Chargers as well. He was interviewed by Jim Rome on ESPN's Rome Is Burning, the Southern California Sports Report on Fox Sports Net, ESPN News, The Best Damn Sports Show on Fox Sports Net, and the NFL Network. ESPN Hollywood, a new show set to debut next month, followed Drew throughout the day.

The list of nationally-syndicated radio shows included The Jim Rome Show (Premier Radio Network), The Dan Patrick Show (ESPN Radio) and The Tony Bruno Show (Sporting News Radio).

The most-frequently-asked questions for the Chargers' MVP?

"Everyone asked what was the biggest difference between the 2003 season and the 2004 seasons. They also wanted to know if I feel like I have to duplicate my performance from a year ago," said Brees.

"It was important to me that people realize that neither I or the team would be satisfied with a repeat of last year. I need to be better and our team needs to be better."

Brees, finally catching his breath, said: "The best part of the trip was getting a chance to tell people what our team is all about. It seems some people still don't realize the quality of players we have and the chemistry we have on this team. This team knows when it's time to practice hard, knows when its time to have fun, and now it knows how to win."