1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Brees, Sproles & Company just tearing it up'

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by airbolt, Dec 26, 2011.

1. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    A pleasure to watch this offense. Unreal-state of the art, Sproles will likely break some records tonight for all purpose runs, of course Drew is pretty damn certain to break Marino's record. I think Marino
    broke Dan Fouts previous record.
  2. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +159 / 3 / -0
    Single season passing record to Sproles for a TD... take that AJ. :poop:
    • Like Like x 2
  3. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Proud of him.
  4. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +32 / 4 / -0
    Congrats Drew Brees! You deserve it.
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    Too bad, Brees is such a sanctimonious douche bag. ;)
  6. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Funny Rango, never heard a negative word about the man. Sounds like bitterness to me.
  7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to Drew Brees and Sproles to catch it, nice. Fmr. Chargers are tearin' up the league. Somehow, I don't think the front office is deficient in talent evaluation...until it comes to coaching, of course.
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,291 / 12 / -5
    Some people (not me) didn't like the fact that Brees sued his ultra conservative mother for using a picture of him without his permission for her campaign ad. He & his mother were estranged at the time. She has since passed away.
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    Bitter about what?.......... just found his post-Katrina comments to be a bit Tebowesque. Don't care much for mixing religion and football.
  10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +129 / 19 / -5
    What does that have to do with him breaking the record?

Congrats Brees one of the best QB's to play the game once he hangs it up. Hopefully this continuing trend of chargers players going off to have successful careers will end. It's pretty hard to enure.
  11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Whatever the case, it's clear that he kicks *** year after year on the field.
    I really couldn't give a **** about anything else. If a guy wants to party his *** off and still is great on the field, fine with me. If a guy is estranged from his mother and she dies while that happens, I really don't give a ****.

I don't look at football players as some sort of moral beacon, that's for sure, be they Chargers or otherwise.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    Nothing about the record, it has to do with how I feel personally about the guy........ OK?

I don't have to be a fan of a person just because they are successful, do I? I found a number of his interviews to show him to be a holier than thou type. If that doesn't bother you, fine.
  13. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +129 / 19 / -5
    No, there's nothing wrong with that. Hate him if you wish and don't if not. Fact of the matter is he's a great QB. Makes me wonder how things might have been had he stayed in S.D. But I've been down the what if road before to not waste my time.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the people of New Orleans (who he was concerned about) could give a **** what you think about mixing religion with the NFL.
  15. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    And why should that matter to me......... seriously?

It's my opinion, not yours, and not anyone else's....... is that OK with you? :rolleyes:
  16. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 4 / -0
    Seriously, why the HELL are people around here being such bitches lately??? Can't a thread go 4 posts without it devolving into some sort of bitchfest? Grow, the ****, up
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Well technically Blewy didnt start dumping steaming piles of ****** in here until the 5th post...

Just sayin...
  18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 44 / -6
    Because the MB's are just tougher than the team. Frustration takes over and the games are re-played and won right here.
  19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,136 / 36 / -21
    Its not that I'm not happy for Drew, but it took the Saints a certain amount of stat padding and a little classlessness to get Brees to this point. They run up the score a lot, they force feed him attempts and TDs close to the endzone, and you can't tell me with the best OGs in the league that this team can't run it in from 2yds out.

And its not new, the 2007 Patriots were a prime example of a team who spit on unwritten rules of running up the score. They'd throw the ball deep with 4 minutes left in the game when they were up by 40....no lie, it happened more than a couple times.

The Packers are joining this club quickly too, they have a lot of teams put away early, and despite showing early success in the running game they love to keep Rodgers in the game and throwing bombs.

Watching that game last night, it actually felt a little like an empty record. The team deliberately made sure he got his numbers all year long.
  20. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Props to Brees and Sproles ... I miss yall
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,753 / 47 / -26
    My work is done here. :)
  22. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +129 / 19 / -5
    What's the problem? They committed no crime/offenses to anyone. How many times do the chargers do the exact opposite and "don't step on their throats". It's a game if their defense can't stop your offense than they need to get better. So he wanted the record what's the problem with that? I'd much rather the chargers be a team that as the chance to run up the score than being one coming from behind late in the game. I would think most teams would as well.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,544 / 7 / -2
    1294969726981.jpg
  24. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +159 / 3 / -0
    I wish the Chargers would run up the score, perhaps Norv would not be on the hotseat. Maybe if the other team getting whipped signed an affidavit stating they would not try to come back in the game, then N.O. would take the foot off the gas.
  25. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,136 / 36 / -21
    Its not the same situation at all. The Saints had done the "stepping on the throats" part, they were up by 3 scores the game was over, all they needed to do was run their 1st round RB behing their stud O-line and kill clock.

Instead they went out of their way to throw the ball, failed to kill any time, and if their defense hadn't been playing well they may very well have lost the lead anyway because they kept giving the ball back to Atlanta in the 4th quarter. So not only is it a selfish plan, its a stupid one.

I will always have soft spot for Drew Brees, but this is a "yeah but" record. There is no reason Philip Rivers couldn't have done the same thing with that O-line and a more competant coaching staff . Hell its a record I believe Jay Cutler is capable of breaking in the right circumstance.
  26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    But it's the RECORD! Besides, Sean Payton and Drew Brees already have their rings and they have extreme confidence in their offensive line's pass protection. It was likely a "selfish" plan that the team supported in full. Is this what we do when the Chargers get eliminated, find ways to crap on the remaining teams? lol
    • Like Like x 2
  27. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +129 / 19 / -5
    If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. The what if are relevant to every thing. What if that saint wr had caught the ball in '08? Brees would break the record in a losing season. The record is he's and if going for it meant they passed more than they should have than so be it. FYI Rivers last year had the most passing yards through 8 games(if remember correctly) in history. Had Norv not played to he's strengths(passing) Rivers just might have broken it.......but that's pointless what if game I hate to take part in.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,136 / 36 / -21
    I don't really care about passing yards.

At all.

My point is I thought the way the Saints went about it was classless. Nobdody has to agree.
  29. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +129 / 19 / -5
    No doubt if Rivers and Chargers we're in that situation people would be glamoring how we shove it to them and it was awesome. This "mercy rule" fans complain about when it's not their team needs to stop. Why stop scoring when that's what you're paid to do. Pretty soon it'll be that teams should allow teams a score to prevent shutouts considering it might hurt the teams millionaires feelings.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,291 / 12 / -5
    HOWEVER...Brady is 190 yards behind Brees. We could see this record fall for a 2nd time this season.