1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Browns Fire Chud.... an opening for Norv???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,376 / 36 / -16
    OMG, you haven't lived (or died?) until you've been shot out of the gate at 120 mph
    on Top Thrill Dragster into an absurd, immediate 90 degree incline...and Millenium Force is even better.

No, Mum warned me about Browns fans :cautious:…but I've casually met a few.:tup: I was raised to believe that the
    Raiders were evil, and that Al Davis was the Anti-Christ. Now that I'm grown up, I realize that both of
    these things are 100% correct…and yet, living in Oakland for a few years (the Diaspora, when the team was in L.A.)
    taught me that most Raider fans in Oakland were knowledgable, hard-workin' blue collar guys…loyal beyond reason.
    The L.A./gangbanger-wanna-be "Raider Nation" bandwagon fans from elsewhere are as crappy as their rep,
    but my years in the Bay Area taught me to know one set of Raider fans from the other.
    But getting most Charger fans to understand the distinction is generally akin to pushing water uphill.
    p.s. I still hate the Raiders & Al Davis.
    p.p.s. Oh, I know about Dallas fans (1 semester in Denton)…not for me…ever…again...
    :raiderssuck:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +132 / 1 / -0
    I actually feel bad for the normal, Oakland-based Raider fans. It's not their fault that the team they grew up cheering for has attracted bucket loads of wannabe gangsters with tiny, tiny penises.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261 / 4 / -2
    ..and big trucks. Compensate much?

pete-gutierrez1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
  5. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +320 / 1 / -0
    I haven't been to Cedar Point yet but Kingda Ka in New Jersey was built after TTD. 128 miles per hour in 3.5 seconds with a tower height of 456 feet. Super intense ride to be sure.

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,376 / 36 / -16
    Yes, well, if you've ridden Kingda Ka, you've essentially ridden Top Thrill Dragster…same company
    (Intamin) that struck gold with TTD in '03, essentially reproduced it in Jersey two years later,
    being sure to make the new one just a bit faster and just a bit taller to break the records TTD set,
    and reap a whole new round of favorable publicity. If I were near it, yeah, of course I'd take a bite
    of that 128mph, but since it's virtually the same experience, I'm not planning a visit to Ka.

Cedar Point is just Heaven for a 'coaster/speed junkie. With a Fast Lane pass you can just ride
    one great coaster after another. Great vibe, too. Millennium Force is usually cited as the best
    'coaster in the world. Out here in SoCal, Magic Mountain has some nice ones, X2 being my personal fav.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +162 / 31 / -13
  8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,376 / 36 / -16
    Sorry Grandma, for wantin' to have some fun

Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 11.11.51 AM.png

p.s. A little death never hurt anybody...
    • Like Like x 2