1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Calling out Concudan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HollywoodLeo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1
    A number of incidents have taken place in the last several weeks which have troubled many members of our community. For openers, we have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we give our propaganda fighters an instrument that is very much needed at this time, or is it sufficient to clean up the country and get it back on course again? I once asked Concudan that question -- I am still waiting for an answer. In the meantime, let me point out that griping about Concudan will not make him stop trying to yield this country to the forces of darkness, oppression, and tyranny. But even if it did, he would just find some other way to deprive individuals of the right to stop defending the libidinous status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. If we answer the villainous mountebanks who leave a generation of people planted in the mud of a heinous, incompetent world, to begin a new life in the shadows of particularism, then the sea of despotism, on which he so heavily relies, will begin to dry up. If Concudan can't be reasoned out of his prejudices, he must be laughed out of them. If Concudan can't be argued out of his selfishness, he must be shamed out of it. Too many emotions to count raced through my mind when I first realized that some of us have an opportunity to come in contact with pathological, brutal pikers on a regular basis at work or in school. We, therefore, may be able to gain some insight into the way they think, into their values; we may be able to understand why they want to call for a return to that which wasn't particularly good in the first place. If Concudan were to use more accessible language, then a larger number of people would be able to understand what he's saying. The downside for Concudan, of course, is that a larger number of people would also understand that one could truthfully say that most of us are now painfully aware of his Pecksniffian ebullitions. But saying that would miss the real point, which is that he is unequivocally up to something. I don't know exactly what, but Concudan sometimes uses the word "nondenominationalism" when describing his protests. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response.

I am highly critical of those who tolerate or apologize for people who work with Concudan, which is another way of saying that it's ludicrous to believe that law and order can be maintained by letting Concudan's toadies intensify race hatred, and everyone with half a brain understands that. I am asking the readers of this letter to be aware that the downward spiral of society and the concomitant growing threat of militarism are the natural results of his covinous, lame-brained wheelings and dealings. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: Concudan shows a curious unwillingness to launch an all-out ideological attack against the forces of fogyism.

Truth be told, if I may be so bold, the only way I can possibly forgive Concudan is if he tells the truth and makes restitution. Sadly, lack of space prevents me from elaborating further. I have two words to say about his précis: prodigal poppycock. We must eschew callous, sententious factionalism. To do anything else, and I do mean anything else, is a complete waste of time. Unlike Concudan, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if -- and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of "innocent until proven guilty" -- he were not actually responsible for trying to suppress people's instinct and intellect, then I'd stop saying that each rung on the ladder of escapism is a crisis of some kind. Each crisis supplies an excuse for Concudan to lobotomize everyone caught thinking an independent thought. That is the standard process by which intemperate, mawkish turncoats force us to experience the full spectrum of the Concudan Rainbow of Stalinism. Ostensibly, he does not intend to engender ill will, but in fact, he operates on an international scale to have a serious destabilizing effect on our institutions. It's only fitting, therefore, that we, too, work on an international scale, but to place blame where it belongs -- in the hands of Concudan and his brainless lickspittles.

By toning down his memoirs, many more people are exposed to Concudan's unsavory message, convinced by his passion, and seduced by his simplistic answers to complex social problems. When Concudan hears anyone say that I am flat-out tired of his psychological bullying, his answer is to put doctrinaire thoughts in our children's minds. That's similar to taking a few drunken swings at a beehive: it just makes me want even more to deal summarily with jaundiced delinquents. We must also assert with all the sincerity of informed experience and the desperate desire to see our beloved country survive that I'm not a perverted person. I'd like nothing more than to extend my hand in friendship to Concudan's worshippers and convey my hope that in the days to come we can work together to explain a few facets of this confusing world around us. Unfortunately, knowing them, they'd rather create a new fundamentalism based not on religion but on an orthodoxy of materialism because that's what Concudan wants. It probably sounds like I'm being sleazy, but most people don't realize that he has already revealed his plans to feed on the politics of resentment, alienation, frustration, anger, and fear. He revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a prurient drongo. Not only is his manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and utterly anecdotal, but the revanchism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, temperamental attack on progressive ideas.

I, for one, am not embarrassed to admit that I have neither the training, the experience, the license, nor the clinical setting necessary to properly complain about ghastly buffoons. Nevertheless, I do have the will to create a world in which nepotism, interventionism, and imperialism are all but forgotten. That's why I assert that I must ask that Concudan's apologists build a society in which people have a sense of permanence and stability, not chaos and uncertainty. I know they'll never do that, so here's an alternate proposal: They should, at the very least, back off and quit trying to abet a resurgence of blockish statism. Concudan refers to a variety of things using the word "intercommunicability". Translating this bit of jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, he's saying that the boogeyman is going to get us if we don't agree to his demands, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, one does not have to make our lives miserable in order to examine the warp and woof of his animadversions. It is a morally questionable person who believes otherwise. Ever since he decided to destroy our culture, our institutions, and our way of life, his consistent, unvarying line has been that cameralism is a be-all, end-all system that should be forcefully imposed upon us. I could tell Concudan that he favors obfuscation and deviousness above frankness, although he obviously doesn't care. I could tell him that it is far too easy for him to use fear, intimidation, sedating substances, and other tools to convince the most muzzy-headed recidivists you'll ever see to lure the demented into his band, but he wouldn't believe me. He probably also doesn't care that his public virtue is dwarfed by his private vice. So let me appeal to whatever small semblance of reason Concudan may be capable of when I tell him that I myself respect the English language and believe in the use of words as a means of communication. Vainglorious opportunists like him, however, consider spoken communication as merely a set of noises uttered to excite emotions in malodorous fast-buck artists in order to convince them to destroy everything beautiful and good. That's the end of this letter. If I was unable to convince you that Concudan should keep his thoughts to himself, then you should definitely consider contacting me with your supporting or refuting evidence, opinions, personal stories, etc., so that I can make a better argument in my next letter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more!! :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    My complaint about Hollywood Leo

There are a number of things I could have chosen to write about in this letter. I could have chosen to write about how I demand an apology from Hollywood Leo for his insults. Or I might have chosen to write something about the way that society should recognize that the use of long run-on sentences, bad metaphors, multiple misspellings, and inappropriately placed $5 words like "subjectivoidealistic" does not help his cause at all. But, instead, I've decided to devote this entire letter to explaining how Leo is bound to have a rude awakening when he finally realizes how few people approve of his lousy hatchet jobs. I guess I should start by saying that in public, Leo vehemently inveighs against corruption and sin. But when nobody's looking, Leo never fails to create some prissy, pseudo-psychological profile of me to discredit my opinions. This is particularly interesting when you consider that money-grubbing tricksters are more susceptible to his brainwashing tactics than are any other group. Like water, their minds take the form of whatever receptacle Leo puts them in. They then lose all recollection that when I was a child, my clergyman told me, "Mischievous libertinism is not new." If you think about it you'll see his point. He has, at times, called me "brain-damaged" or "obtuse". Such contemptuous name-calling has passed far beyond the stage of being infantile but harmless. It has the capacity to lay all of society open to the predations of organized criminality.

Even when the facts don't fit, Leo sometimes tries to use them anyway. He still maintains, for instance, that there's no difference between normal people like you and me and overbearing, antisocial yobbos. He likes to compare his effusions to those that shaped this nation. The comparison, however, doesn't hold up beyond some uselessly broad, superficial similarities that are so vague and pointless, it's not even worth summarizing them. Do you think I'm the only one who wants to scuttle Leo's uncompanionable attempts to sweep his peccadillos under the rug? I assure you, I am not. But if you looked up "mindless" in the dictionary, you'd probably see his picture.

Moving on, Leo's audacious, morally questionable imprecations attack everyone else's beliefs. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are ever to instill a sense of responsibility and maturity in those who siphon off scarce international capital intended for underdeveloped countries. Our path is set. By this, I mean that in order to protect our peace, privacy, and safety, we must halt the adulation heaped upon officious, pathetic politicos. I consider that requirement a small price to pay because bitter ivory-tower academics like Leo tend to conveniently ignore the key issues of this or any other situation. Let me rephrase that: Leo's screeds are more than just quixotic. They're a revolt against nature. The facts are in: Hollywood Leo's mind is hermetically sealed against fresh air from the real world.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8

To all those who read this and say "yeah, I agree with Leo..." Let me say this, being the bigger man....

Sorry, but bite my ***!

• Like Like x 1
  6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    What'd he say? I'm ADD! :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I agree!! :yes: :icon_tease:

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    huh? :icon_huh:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1

Just to be clear, it's a joke.

10. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0

They both talk too much. Lawyers and politicians.:lol:

Somebody kick somebody's arse so we can get back to drinking beer.:icon_toast:

How's that for diplomacy.:icon_tease:

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8

Yup, I figured that out the third time I readi it! :icon_rofl:

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1

You're not that innocent, either, Thumper. :icon_evil:

I have facts for those who think and arguments for those who reason. But first, I'm going to jump ahead a bit and talk in general terms about how Thumper's apostles allege, after performing shoddy research and utilizing threadbare scholarship, that a number of their enemies are planning to make empty promises. Then, I'll back up and fill in some of the details. Okay, so to start with the general stuff, Thumper likes to cite poll results that "prove" that "metanarratives" are the root of tyranny, lawlessness, overpopulation, racial hatred, world hunger, disease, and rank stupidity. Really? Have you ever been contacted by one of his pollsters? Chances are good that you never have been contacted and never will be. Otherwise, the polls would show that I have always been an independent thinker. I'm not influenced by popular trends, the media, or even so-called undisputed facts when parroted by others. Maybe that streak of independence is what first enabled me to see that Thumper has compiled an impressive list of grievances against me. Not only are all of these grievances completely fictitious, but Thumper frequently avers his support of democracy and his love of freedom. But one need only look at what Thumper is doing -- as opposed to what he is saying -- to understand his true aims. It seems a bit late in the day for Thumper to prevent the production of a new crop of disgraceful slobs. That said, let me continue. It probably sounds like I'm being headstrong, but if it weren't for profligate, chauvinistic dopeheads, he would have no friends.

All such combinations of audacity with ignorance would be supremely ridiculous but for one consideration: Thumper ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: It's quite sad that Thumper chooses to squander his talent on this sort of wicked negativism.

Fact: We must be fearless in confronting Thumper's ostentatious little empire.

Fact: Our pain is Thumper's ecstasy.

In addition, Thumper has announced his intentions to extend his 15 minutes of fame to 15 months. While doing so may earn Thumper a gold star from the mush-for-brains McCarthyism crowd, he wants to needle and wheedle the worst kinds of petty bludgers I've ever seen into his junta. Why he wants that, I don't know, but that's what he wants. If Thumper would abandon his name-calling and false dichotomies it would be much easier for me to follow through on the critical work that has already begun. Let no one say that he is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. No, this is abusive lexiphanicism and must be regarded as an attempt to obfuscate the issue so that one can't see what ought to be thoroughly obvious to all. We could opt to sit back and let him alter laws, language, and customs in the service of regulating social relations. Most people, however, would argue that the cost in people's lives and self-esteem is an extremely high price to pay for such inaction on our part.

This raises another important point: If Thumper's propositions get any more fastidious, I expect they'll grow legs and attack me in my sleep. Not to belabor the point, but Thumper dismisses his critics as either servants of an existing power structure or as suffering from false consciousness. That's clear. But if you ever ask Thumper to do something, you can bet that your request will get lost in the shuffle, unaddressed, ignored, and rebuffed.

I can't help but wonder: Why does everyone hate Thumper? Is it because of his business practices, exclusivity, disloyalty, disrespect, or because Thumper keeps trying to create an ideological climate that will enable him to flush all my hopes and dreams down the toilet? We already have our answer; as a respected journalist put it, "Thumper is allergic to any idea that isn't cold-blooded". She probably could have added that if you were to try to tell Thumper's advocates that I can't live with viperine, venal slumlords who ruin my entire day, they'd close their eyes and put their hands over their ears. They are, as the psychologists say, in denial. They don't want to hear that Thumper thinks it would be a great idea to torment, harry, and persecute anyone who crosses his path. Even if we overlook the logistical impossibilities of such an idea, the underlying premise is still flawed. His maudlin preoccupation with ruffianism, usually sicklied over with such nonsense words as "uncharacteristically", would make sense if a person's honor were determined strictly by his or her ability to incite young people to copulate early, often, and indiscriminately. As that's not the case, we can conclude only that his serfs claim to have no choice but to talk about you and me in terms which are not fit to be repeated. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, pretentious losers. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. An unstable spirit is precisely the wrong spirit in which to exemplify the principles of honor, duty, loyalty, and courage, but I guess nobody ever explained that to Thumper's secret police. Don't be intimidated by Thumper's threat to sanctify Thumper's depravity.

I admit I have a tendency to become a bit insensitive whenever I rebuke Thumper for trying to impact public policy for years to come. While I am desirous of mending this tiny personality flaw, if natural selection indeed works by removing the weakest and most genetically unfit members of a species, then Thumper is clearly going to be the first to go. To quote the prophet Isaiah, "Woe to ye who squeeze every last drop of blood from our overworked, overtaxed bodies". Thumper says that he's the best thing to come along since the invention of sliced bread. That's a stupid thing to say. It's like saying that psychotic incendiarism enthusiasts are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. His histrionics are destructive. They're morally destructive, socially destructive -- even intellectually destructive. And, as if that weren't enough, I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of his hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now. To reiterate the main message of this letter, what really upsets me is that Thumper wants to deprive individuals of the right to build a better world, a cleaner world, a safer world, and a saner world.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    What'd he just say? :icon_wtf: I'm ADD.

Did I mention that already? I can't remember

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,011 / 1 / -0
    you are all officially out of hand :yes:

15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0

Someone thought your post was for real? People should know that Leo doesn't use such big words. They confuse him. :icon_rofl:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0

It's 'cause I'm mean. :icon_evil:

Don't forget it! :icon_tease:

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8

you know seeing a thread first thing in the morning titled "Calling Out Concudan" really gave me a moment of 'pucker factor 10'

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0

:icon_rofl:

19. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,147 / 5 / -0

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1

I did choose you for the but of the joke due to everyone giving you **** as of late. :icon_tease:

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0

Conc, what do you say we pick on Leo for the next week or so? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,722 / 39 / -8

Just invis ban him when he isnt looking! :icon_twisted:

23. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    dude, pecksniffian ebullition? is that chickens evolving? does anyone else understand this it seems like old world french or something

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0

I think that mighta been your mornin wood :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I agree nickelbolt is ADD!! :yes: :tup: :icon_tease:

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0

word

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0

butt :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

28. chiefsgal

chiefsgal New Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 0 / -0

my god, if I wanted to read a book I'd be in bed......:lol:

29. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Uh-oh :icon_eek:

30. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Can someone give me the short version, I don't feel like reading :icon_tease: