1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can the Chargers get it done in New Orleans next week?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Sep 30, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    Sunday night game, Saints are 0-4, played great against the Packers, lost on a missed FG due to a holding penalty.

I don't see the Chargers going into New Orleans next week, where by the way, its very hard to win there and beating a team hungry for a win.

Especially Norv at the helm, and the way our CB's are playing, Brees is gonna torch us.

But, in all honesty I hope we stick it to them!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I think you're covered, here! ;)

p.s.: I too hate savoring a win for more that a couple minutes! Yuck! Can't wait to get the taste outta my mouth!
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Well first of all they should never have had the ball, once again the refs screwed the Pakers as they called the Sproles fumble down by contact (the 2nd worst call of the entire year).

Secondly...I agree I don't think we'll get it done. Its just a bad matchup given our incredibly poor play at CB, and of course our inability to cover receiving TEs. I expect our secondary to get slaughtered. And our offense just isn't clicking, as usual early in the season....when Mathews isn't in the game at least.
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    The Saints are 0 and 4 for a reason. Brees is unable to carry this team because all he is worried about is getting more records broke.
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    CAN they get it done? Yes.

WILL they? I hope so but... I don't think our play so far this year deserves making confident predictions other than I'll be needing ample amounts of booze within arms reach while watching them play.

Good thing is, we're beating the teams we should be. So, assuming you are what your records says you are, we should beat the Saints.

*fingerscrossed*
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    The Saint defense can make our offense look pretty darn good! I do agree we need TOP NOTCH performance from our CBs if we have any chance at containing Brees under 350 yards passing...they will score points!
  7. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    Ugh...this imo is going to be ugly. Look for Drew Brees to break the record on the first drive. A fraud win against the chiefs won't hide our in abilities to stop good QB's
    • Old Old x 2
  8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Whether we win or not will be a function of which side of our offense shows up. If the turnover monkeys come to play, we'll probably get beaten on national TV at the outrageous hour of 2-5 AM (for me). If the offense that doesn't turn the ball over (1st half of this game, 1st two games) shows up, I think we'll roll them. Our CBs might be awful, but we didn't start getting ripped apart in the ATL game until Mathews gave them the game.
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,680 / 44 / -26
    The question is if at 0-4, some players will already consider the season a lost cause. Not having Payton as their head coach won't help matters. The '92 Chargers are the only team to go 0-4 and make the playoffs.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    Yes it will be an interesting game. Sproles will like to throw one at us also. We have a new DC and so far I like what he is doing. He is bringing it. We have more play makers on the front 7 to add much more pressure than before. Brees is not much of a scrambler and will look to keep the ball in his and run around the pocket. Meachem is looking to get even with the Saints for letting him walk so I expect him to break loose along with Gates and Royal. I think it will be a good shoot out between Rivers and Brees with Rivers having he edge due to a better defense.
  11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Threads like this make me embarrassed to be a Chargers fan. Seriously, what's with all of the "this is going to be ugly" style comments. The Saints are 0-4. Last week, they blew an 18 point lead at home to the Chiefs. Let me restate that. They let Matt Cassel come back from a 3 score deficit.

Believe me, I understand how a lifetime of being a Chargers fan can make you a pessimist. But there's plenty of reason to believe we can win this one. Have a little faith people.
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Some people just don't know how to stop complaining.
    Sure, they could complain about a 17 point road victory (and some did) :roflmao:
    but it's not the circumstance they prefer...but next week is a whole new chance to whine
    (and no dire predictions can be disproved for 7 days!)

(Kind of the opposite of Cubs fans saying "Wait 'til next year!" The whiners say "Wait 'til we lose next week!")
  13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    Very winnable game for the bolt's, the Saints aren't playing that great up to this point. Just keep Rygina safely on the sideline when it counts most and they'll be fine, just like today. The bolt's defense seems to be getting better every week and didn't let the Falcon fiasco bother them to much today.
  14. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395 / 4 / -0
    This is the game where Cason gets a game ball and all you tire-lickers
    will suddenly scramble to polish his knob.
    Brees will be counting the dome rafters, courtesy of Ingram, and the
    infamous Richard Goodman will take one to the house.
    You heard it here first.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    I hope you're right on all counts.
  16. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    You appear to have an issue with tire-licking...some bully in your past? ;)
    I hope you are right and agree this could be the redemption game for Cason! He will get tested as will Jammer.
  17. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I've always been a Cason fan but he has yet to warrant the praise. I will however provide the Pass as he's never been afforded a front that pressured so I still give him a wait n see rating. Whatever butler kills again. All u aj haters bet get ready cause this is his d an me thinks we got somthin that is the beginnings of somthin good
  18. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Yeah drinky f u
    Sunday wedding (post game at least)
  19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    **** no. Perfect setup for a Rivers choke job.
  20. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +140 / 2 / -0
    Can the chargers get it done? yesss

id be shocked if we arent the favorites in this game according to vegas so to ask if we can win is confusing to me... i expect the chargers to win this game and although we been putting up some big totals points wise it hasnt really been because of the offense... i expect to see the offense start to finally click against the saints in the dome and i would be surprised if were not talking about a 4-1 charger team next week.
  21. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 7 / -1
    If the Chiefs can do it, we better as hell be able to do it.

I do think it'll be a shootout, though, but our D is without question the better of the 3, and that will make the difference in the end, closing Brees out on am int.

That or we block a punt for the go ahead score.

I haven't decided which scenario I like better yet.
  22. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +505 / 13 / -3
    I'm just saying, after the 2011 season, and also parts of the 2010 season, we find ways to lose games and its frustrating.

I have faith we can get it done. Hell I'd like to make a statement to the NFL on national television against the Saints.

Okay, so if the Chiefs did it, the Chargers can huh? How come the Chargers couldn't do what Carolina did today IN ATLANTA, at HOME last week?

Again, I'm just saying Norv isn't the best at getting his teams focused and motivated before big games. But, hopefully we can get it done!
  23. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    first of all I watched that game and Matt Cassel did NOT lead that team to anything. It was all J Charles doing the work. He had 170+ yards and a few TDs. Charles did great against s 4-3 defense which allowed for Charles to break away. The Chiefs are a QB away from being a very very good team.

I too believe we will win this game.
  24. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I'm so tired of hearing how talented the Chiefs are as they fall behind by 3 scores every week before they even decide to start trying. You were probably one of the people here who was warning about how dangerous the Chiefs were before the season.

The fact remains that the Saints let an offense quarterbacked by Cassel come back from 3 scores down at home. That's pathetic, and it does little suggest they will be able to contain the Chargers offense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    again, Charles is the one who did all the work NOT Cassel. I never thought one way or the other about the Chiefs but you would be foolish to think that every team sucks.
  26. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I never said every team sucks. Just the Chiefs. I never thought they were going to be any better than they're showing. They have some talented players but they aren't a very good team. Cassel is not very good. Their o-line is marginal. They have some good defensive players but also some holes up front. And don't get me started on their coaching staff.
  27. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    This is the NFL. It changes from week to week. Look at the Niners. They can put a beating on a good team one week and then lay an egg against a lesser team the following week. Carolina got destroyed at home by the Giants and then went to Atlanta and had that game all but won.

My point is that this level of pessimism about this team after a 17 point division road victory seems a little ridiculous. I think this team remains a work in progress. The offense will take some more time to round into shape with the new players and those who just came back from injury. The defense is still finding its feet with all the changes up front.

I tend to think that today's game at Arrowhead, against a division foe, coming off a brutal loss that shook their confidence, was a far bigger game for Norv and the Bolts than facing an 0-4 NFC opponent on national TV. But the last time the Bolts played on SNF, they put a beating on the Ravens. I understand the trepidation and the frustration about inconsistent play, but there's no need for the rendering of garments and the predictions of disaster because we are facing an 0-4 team with a horrible defense.
  28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    Tire-lickers?

Props, that is a new derogitory name... It is not often we get something fresh like this to liven up the place...

:roflmao:
  29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    The positives for us are that the Saints defense is absolutely atrocious, possibly one of the worst in the league as far as stopping anything, the team doesn't have great balance (limited run game) and that the Chargers are one of the few teams in the NFL that can (theoretically) go punch to punch against a high powered offense like the Saints.

The saints are kind of like goading a bull with a red flag; your surprised its worked this long but sooner or later he's going to charge and try to gore you. I have no idea how they've been this bad this year but I keep wondering when sooner or later they'll get it together. I get a nasty feeling that's against the Chargers
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I'm not one of those "every silver lining has a dark cloud" kinda guys...
    but the Saint game scares me...not because I think the Chargers are bad
    (frankly, 3 decent wins + a disaster v. the Falcons has me very unsure of what we have here)
    but because the Saints just aren't as bad as their 0-4 record suggests.

Yesterday they nearly (did?) beat a very good Packer team in Green Bay.
    Take an angry Brees, and add a loud, raucous Super Dome...and I fear Jammer's age will show.

I see a fairly even match. But I also don't figure we know either of these teams well, at this point.