1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

CAN WE PLEASE FIRE NORV NOW?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 19, 2009.

1. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    I was obviously speaking of the Marty situation and how him and AJ had a dysfunctional relationship. I was forecasting that the next head coach that disagrees with AJ should not be considered to be a part of a Dysfunctional relationship. If you disagree with AJ does that account for being fired? Norv isn't the type to disagree with Norv. Do I have proof? No, I don't but I've been watching this team long enough to believe that what am saying is true. Could I be wrong? Yes, Of course I could be but if I were we wouldn't be in this situation.
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Dude seriously, STFU about Marty. That ship has sailed, it is long gone.
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe your hero Marty was the one who was a pain in the butt to deal with? Last time I checked AJ still has his job and Marty was the one who got canned.

You cannot assume that because AJ and Marty didn't get along (2 old school hardasses) that AJ is to blame and Marty is a faultless saint.
  4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Buffalo tried that this year. And they ended up with Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey for their troubles. Cowher isn't going to come west, he's all but made that perfectly clear... and that's IF he comes out of retirement.

Singletary is not head coach material. He's another Norv (well, really he's the anti-Norv, but to the polar-extreme difference so much that he practically meets him again on the other side), except he's not even that great of coordinator. All Sing does is yell at his guys and continue to beat the same thing over their heads instead of trying to work with his guys. Billick was never a very good coach - terrible game management and gameplanning - and was pretty much carried by his coordinators in Baltimore (most specifically Rex Ryan and Mike Nolan before him).

Most of the coaching re-hashes at this point aren't very good options (yes, some people are Gruden fans... I'm not, especially if he doesn't have a GM that'll rein him in). I'd honestly take Bill Callahan over Gruden.

And if you're so confident that if we get rid Norv we'll just get another AJ yes-man or guy that will cowtow to Smith... then prepare for the unholy reign of John Fox as the next Chargers HC. Which is like Norv... the just as inept but even more boring version.
  5. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    OK Lock this thread up. Its obvious that talking bad about Norv is Blasphemy. Sorry I even tried to. You believe Marty sucks thats cool its your opinion. But next time don't mention him in a thread that has nothing to do with him.
  6. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Did someone say Marty Sucks?
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    :lol: MARTY :lol:

There is already a KILL NORV thread.
  8. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    I don't think Marty was a saint at all...but the players sure loved him and were terribly hurt when he was fired. A whole team philosophy was changed because of a stupid spat between the coach and GM! That was the begining of the end for LT...and it its was the begining of the end for the recent crop of Chargers
  9. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Still waiting............................
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    There has got to be a way in between where the coach purposefully antagonizes the GM (Marty) and the coach is a puppet for the GM (Norv). Almost every other team in this league has done it, so that's gotta be done. I think AJ will get A SAY in the matter of a new head coach but he doesn't get to pick the new coach. Not a chance after this bleeping debacle. It will be all on Dean Spanos to find a new proper HC and tell AJ to either work with him or GTFO. No middle ground anymore.

And LBC while I think we agree on the drafts that they look good but the jury is still out, let's also not forget that the 2007-2008 drafts were more about adding pieces to a great team, not about actually filling holes. Now that there's holes to be filled I think AJ has made great improvement but yeah jury's out. Still that puts him higher on the "safe but on the hot seat" list then Norv is, who just bombed this
  11. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    Marty's gone.

Norv's still here.
  12. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Talking bad about Norv is blasphemous?! Seriously?! At the rate this season is unraveling it might be more entertaining than the game itself unless something changes and soon.

As for Marty 2.0, no thank you. Move on.
  13. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    AJ will not relenquish any power! His domain is in the draft and days surrounding the draft and FA, AJ will not take second seat to a head coach on prospective players (I reckon anyway). AJ will quit, thinking that he can get a job anywhere...and he is probably right...some team will take him.
  14. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    I knew you couldn't answer my question scratchnz. All you can do is cry about firing AJ but you can't provide a replacement, can you?
  15. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    Norv is a bonehead--- pure and simple. He only seems to think it's urgent when his pimply azz is up against the wall and the team and fans are in turmoil.

It's time to fire this clown of a head coach. today we lost to arguably the worst team in the NFL (apologies to the Lions and Bills) He deserves some sort of permanent punishment. No one in the city would argue with chopping off Norv's head in attempt to salvage this season. Dreams of a Super Bowl...AFC title... AFC West champs... all getting flushed down the toilet by Norv's lack of preparation, lack of urgency and lack of leadership. I'm going to have buy another case of antacids to quell the bile that keeps rising in my throat after all these losses.

Only my wife's good sense is keeping me from driving down to Lindbergh Field to "greet" the team and fire off dozens of eggs and ripe tomatoes at those crappy losers until the cops take me away to jail. This f-cking team just disgusts me.

Turns out I was waaaaay wrong about LT... he might have been the only charger who actually gave a $hit last season... please forgive me LT.
  16. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    I agreed with you up to the point where you said "might have been the only charger who actually gave a Blank last season". Rivers didn't care last season? Gates?
  17. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Marty did what?!
  18. JohnnyX

Ratings Received:
    +119 / 19 / -5
    Umm.......What are you talking about? Did I even mention Marty?
  19. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Ummm Marty sez wat?
  20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    :lol: Marty :lol:
  21. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    all these losses may not be totally Norv's fault... .but he's not done ANYTHING to stop the losing and get the team winning. Now we are facing three tough games in a row and ... what's gonna happen? Is he gonna kick some azz and change the sloppy play and shoddy work habits of these "professional athletes" in a week and get them prepped to face the ever tough Patriots?

Norv hasn't turned the sloppiness around since training camp... does anyone have a magic wand to wave over the team to whip them into winning form?

It's time for a change... any change... but especially one that gets them playing disciplined football and puts some fear into their hearts. Rivers, Gates, Cooper? Anyone of you "leaders" going to step up and fire up your teammates? Norv certainly won't. He's like the permissive parent who tells little Johnny "no, no dear... that's not nice" after Johnny sets fire to the neighbor's garage. This team needs an enema to flush out all the crap that's keeping them from playing Charger football. Personally I think he lost the team a few season's ago... they've only been surviving on pure talent and the strong arm of Philip Rivers.

We need a leader- a motivator and Turner ain't him. Norv couldn't fire these guys up if he backed them into a blow torch.
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    firenorv.com
  23. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Marty sucked.

Norv sucks.

^truth.
  24. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I have an idea. How about we get a coach who can get a team prepared to play during the regular season and in the post season so that no matter who, where or when they play, they play 100% full effort. If they win AWESOME and if they lose we know they aren't as good as the other team. That way we don't have to go around the whole next week thinking about how our uber talented team didn't play up to their potential and maybe the next game we will go full out and turn the season around. Man...that would be nice!
  25. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    Because it's illegal to dig up the dead... Coach Lombardi is out to lunch...
  26. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    No. Norv does indeed suck. Players are failing to execute across the board. But firing Norv before the halfway point, tell ya what, talk to me after Tennessee.
  27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Merge with the "CAN WE PLEASE FIRE NORV NOW?" thread please. :mad:
  28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Philip Rivers loves Norval.
  29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    :helm1:
  30. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    We need to fire Norv and the ENTIRE Staff. Fire them all.

We are rebuilding and will always rebuild for Mediocrity.

The Lords of No Rings.

I will go to my grave never seeing a Championship for the Chargers. Sad as it is. :(