1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Castillo's knee? Any word?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Sep 24, 2008.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I haven't been able to find any thing... anyone know how he's feeling after monday's game? I know he was able to finish, but it did look like something he might feel the next day, once the adrenaline wore off.
  2. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +70 / 0 / -0
  3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings Received:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Defensive end Luis Castillo did some rehab work and had an MRI on his sore right knee Tuesday, but mostly remained more grateful than ever after watching replays of the play on which Jets running back Thomas Jones cut him Monday night.

Castillo said Jones hesitated before impact and hit him high in the quad, taking away some of the force on his knee.
    "A few inches in either direction..." Castillo said. "Oh, I'm so thankful."

It appeared the hit might have ended Castillo's season, or worse, as his foot stuck in the turf and leg contorted in an unnatural way. But Castillo got up after about five minutes on the ground, walked to the sideline and was back in the game on the next series.

The MRI confirmed there was no major damage, and Castillo expects to work as normal this week, though Turner indicated Castillo would be dealt with on a "day-to-day" basis.
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,578 / 11 / -0
    Wow... close call! I'm so glad he is OK. He's a great player but can't seem to shake the injury bug. There's only one way to describe how I felt when Castillo went down, in the words of the "retired" Jr. Seau I almost cried.