1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

CHANCE WARMACK

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RooeyLand, Jan 17, 2013.

1. RooeyLand

RooeyLand BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If (RG) Chance Warmack out of Alabama falls to the bolts at 11, we MUST snag this mauler, and pick up Big Lazy's insurance in the 2nd round by drafting (LT) DJ FLUKER out of Alabama...in fact, lets just do a platoon draft of Bama's O-line

Anyone hear the latest on the possibility of Q Jammer sliding over to Safety this year?

ROLL TIDE!!!!
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I say Fisher 1st, Miliner 2nd, Warmack 3rd options

Fluker is a RT
  3. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I don't think drafting a guard at 11 is a good call. Even if he ends up being the greatest guard to ever play, that's not a huge talent/capabilities difference from an above average guard, which you can find plenty of on day 2 and even 3.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 1 / -1
    ^ To be honest, in a perfect world, the Eagles would cut Vick, who'd land in KC so they use #1 on Joeckel, then cut Brandon Albert, who comes here, then we draft Warmack at #11, and completely upgrade the left side.

Far fetched, yes. But then again, I didn't think we'd get Telesco, McCoy and Wiz...

Only issue if this pipe dream actually happened would be Gaither, would the financial situation prevent us from affording Albert, or would the team take the unlikely chance on using Gaither at RT?
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    In a perfect world, we draft Fisher at 11 and he turns out to be a top 5 LT for the next 11 years, and we get the first 5 on a poverty rookie contract.
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,139 / 36 / -21
    I have the same feeling about Warmack I had last year with DeCastro.

Yeah the guy is very good, but he plays a position that is not worth taking where we sit....unless the first 10 picks go the worst way possible where no QBs or WRs or 4-3 DTs are taken and all the good players we could use are gone including Fisher.....and still I would rather trade back before taking him.

But as it is, I think as many as 4 QBs could go in the top 10 (as unworthy as they all are) and Tebasco will probably have a tough choice to make between Fisher and a guy who fell unexpectedly like Milliner or Jones. So Warmack is not on my radar at 11.
  7. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 4 / -1
    I had Warmack above DeCastro since mid season last year. The thing that i look at and am impressed with from Warmack, is that the dude is just absolutely instant run game, just right away, as soon as you plug him in, you have a solid run game. I think the G position is severely underrated, and there's a ton of people that have Warmack as the #1 player in the entire draft, and honestly i have him top 5. I'm also really high on Eric Fisher though, so i'm not sure about the decision though. I would go with Fisher more because of the players that you can get later in the draft at LT rather than OG (ie. Long/Pugh/Johnson vs Frederick/Warford/Jones). But they are my 1 and 2 options, clearly.
  8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I wouldn't mind a Warmack/Flucker one two punch but if Fisher is available we have to take him
  9. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 4 / -1
    Say no to Fluker, especially if we already picked a OG, cuz thats where he should play in the NFL, his feet are beyond awful...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,430 / 19 / -4
    Random question; can Warmack play LG? If so could we seriously consider bringing both Fluker/Warmack in to play guard together?
  11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Do we have coaches with the knowledge to run a guard-based line scheme? If the answer is no, then that sounds like murder for Rivers. I don't like it. Get the premium position players with premium picks and get the non-premium position players with non-premium picks.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,139 / 36 / -21
    How I expect the first 10 picks to go....
    1. KC - Geno Smith
    2. JAX - Damontre Moore
    3. OAK - Bjoern Wener
    4. PHI - Luke Joeckel
    5. DET - Dee Milliner
    6. BUF (tradew/Cleveland) - Mike Glennon
    7. ARI - Tyler Wilson
    8. CLE (trade w/Buffalo) - Jarvis Jones
    9. NYJ - Kiki Mingo
    10. TEN - Chance Warmack: I think there is a scary chance that Miami trades here and takes Eric Fisher, because what TEN needs is a CB, DE, or OG to replace Hutch and there are no great fits here other than Warmack...who I doubt Tebasco takes. They could easily slide back to 12 and get Warmack or Banks anyway.

If it goes this way I don't think the choice is tough, its gotta be Fisher.
  13. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    ESPN's Adam Schefter predicted on Sunday Countdown that USC's Matt Barkley will be the first quarterback selected in April's draft.

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie considers Notre Dame ILB Manti Te'o a first-round talent, but he "wants to see how the current story surrounding Te'o unfolds before making" any judgments.
  14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,139 / 36 / -21
    I hope the Raiders take him at 3, that would be awesome for our needs at 11.

Also a lot can and does change over the next 3 months.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I see KC either trading back or going with Star Lotulelei. Or if dumb enough trading for Alex Smith

Philly is more likely to grab Geno Smith. In reality their O line is a lot better than what it showed last year, Jason Peters was hurt who is one of the better LT's in the league. Also as soon as Jason Kelce went down so did the rest of the line.

Arizona may move up if Joeckel is still there. I can actually see them make a push for the 1st overall pick, would actually be funny if they were able to sell Kolb back to Reid as part of the deal

I still see us able to grab Fisher at 11 unless Miami or Chicago manage to leap frog us.
  16. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 4 / -1
    I still dont get the Lotulelei to KC talk. Like really, their D is alright, and they have spend 3 first round picks on the DL in the last 5 years, with Dorsey, Tyson jackson and Poe, why would they take another NT, when they have 2 solid starting DT's already in Poe/Dorsey, and Jackson with the ability to play the 3T. They have to take a QB, plain and simple.

This Joeckel to Philly is also stupid to me. They now run a ZBS, and they have Jason Peters coming back, so they dont have the immediate need for a OT. And this may seem funny, but Chip Kelly running the ZBS, could very possibly try to grab Kyle Long in the 2nd round, with familiarity to scheme, and apparently Chip and Long are good friends, or close as a player coach will be, and they have the ability to sit him or play him at RT for a year or two and develop him for LT. He's seriously a perfect fit for them.

I could see Joeckel dropping until either someone is willing to trade up for him, or until 7, since many teams already have their LT, or need something horribly bad. Veldheer has been very good for the Raiders, and their need for any type of pass rush is really bad, their playing with a jumbo, basically 34 DE at LE, and Slausehey (how however the hell you spell it), as their best pass rusher, which is awful. Jax at 2 has a top 5-10 LT in Monroe, Det just drafted Reiff to be their future LT, and Backus finally started playing decent last year IIRC (or he got replaced at LT), and their D has been so bad it doesn't really matter. I could seriously see him dropping to Arizona.

This may be because i dont think he's in any means special at LT, but i think he's gonna be solid. His athleticism is top notch, but he's never going to be a great run blocker. I think he'll be a consistent top 10 OT, but he's not the Jake Long's/Joe Thomas's of the world. He's more in the Ryan Clady group. And top 10, but not top 3-5 is more where he belongs to me. But that would really help us out in terms of not needing to worry about Arizona taking Fisher at 7. Now we just need to make sure nobody jumps us for him.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +711 / 17 / -3
    I agree with everything you say, but I was just suggesting Lotulelei because Reid may switch their 3-4 to a 4-3 and with Dorsey not guaranteed to return FA/injury concerns and Tyson Jackson, They've been really disappointed with him and are expected to release him after already asking him last year to restructure his contract. Star would make almost more sense in a need plus value pick than any QB in this draft. Andy Reid is also more known to draft a DT in the 1st than any other position aside from his first year in Philly taking a guy named McNaab.

I believe every pick except the first (although Buffalo has a lot of ??? marks as well) can almost certainly be predicted where mock after mock every pick 2-10 looks the same, but just like years past anything is possible. Last year if you were to tell me 7 or so teams traded up in the first round last year and one of those teams were the Patriots I would have called you B.S.
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,139 / 36 / -21
    Agree with the Lotulelei part spot on.

Jason Peters has missed basically the last 2 years because of torn ACLs (not sure if same one or not) and he's paid as *** load. I think its very likely they cut him. I also would not trade up more than 1 spot for him.
  19. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +120 / 4 / -1
    ....he started 14 games in '11...How is that missing most of the year? And he never tore his ACL

IIRC he Ruptured his Achilles tendon at the end of last year, and he re-agrivated it right before the season. He is due 10 mil this year in the offseason, which isn't huge money for a LT, let alone for one who was top 3 in the NFL before the injury.

This isn't something you blow up as a new HC, this is something you have to keep steady. No chance they take a top 5 OT.
    Talking to my friend who's a Eagles fan today, he said that their likely switching to a 34 Defense, so Dion Jordan, Werner, and maybe even Moore (despite how overrated i think he is) could very well be options there, depending on who is takin by Oak/Jax, and honestly, if Lotulelei falls, there's no way they pass on him IMO. that is IF they are in fact switching to the 34, as it seems they are (all their interviews for DC have been for 34 guys)
  20. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,139 / 36 / -21
    Fair enough. But paying him $10.6M in 2013 makes him the 5th highest paid OT in the league, and consider that they're also paying Demetress Bell another $9.6M....6th highest in the league. I don't think he's exactly "safe" considering his injury history.

It would be interesting seeing them go to 3-4. I've always thought Trent Cole was a better fit for 3-4, I would bet good money he leads the NFL in sacks next year.