Source: Associated Press
SAN DIEGO (AP)—The Chargers and first-round draft pick Corey Liuget have agreed to terms of a four-year contract.
The team announced the agreement Thursday without revealing financial terms of the deal.
Liuget missed the first week of training camp, but Chargers veteran Jacques Cesaire says the defensive end taken 18th still has time to get ready for the season.
Cesaire said, “We’re all going to be helping him out.”
Liuget led Illinois last year as a junior in quarterback hurries with 10 and was seventh in the Big Ten in tackles for a loss with 12 1/2 .