1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers and Raider Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    Players are undisciplined sloppy with the ball, even rivers at times, ball security man you can't lose the turnover battle and win in the NFL.
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21

Agreed.
    This was a team effort.
  3. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    LOL When are SOME of you chargers fans going to run out of pathetic excuses? First it was the rain, then it was special teams, then it was fumbling, now it's the refs.

Let me say this slowly so you have a shot at understanding it: Special...Teams...Are...Part...Of...The...Game.

The chargers need to learn to play them or go home. Your stats mean NOTHING if you can't manage the basics.

Another thing, that was a clear FUMBLE. There was no "jobbing" by the refs. The ball was lose before the arm moved forward. After Phyllis lost control, he slapped the ball forward. Good call.

Stop crying about being better than everyone you lose to. It's REALLY pathetic. You ARE what your record is in the NFL. Chargers are a good offense that can't take care of the ball and a good defense. They have ZERO special teams. The combination looks nice on paper, but for those of us who enjoy REAL football more than FANTASY football, the Chargers have a long way to go.
  4. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +262 / 4 / -0
    The team was garbage today, but there has to be at least some of the blame laid on the horrible officiating. I don't wanna sound like a whining fan but still how can that be called a fumble? Still though the team itself lost this one.
  5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We will be Number 1 in Offense and Number 1 in Defense again after this week but will be 2-3.

I am pretty sure that has never happened before.
  6. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +262 / 4 / -0
    Typical troll respond regarding the fumble
  7. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    This is because Norv is not a good head Coach!

Norv is all about the finer details, he is an academic...a Football nerd! Hes great at drawing up technical plays and master minding complicated offences...Hey, thats fine if your just a coordinator...and thats your only job...but you gotta offer more than that when your the main man! You gotta have your team able to perform the basics to a high standard before you can expect them to execute your fancy offensive plays!! It is a clear example of how Substance beats Style every damn time!

The specail teams are not the only ones to blame for being 2-3...the Chargers as a whole are ruining things by Dropping passes, fumbling the ball, missing tackles etc...

DO THE F'ING BASICS FIRST HUH?!
  8. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry you can't handle reality, but the refs did make the right call. Even if they had not, that did not decide this game.

I don't care HOW gaudy Phyllis Rivers' personal stats are, if you cannot take care of the ball and cannot play even basic special teams, you do not deserve to win (and WON'T win) much in the NFL.
  9. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    No probably some pathetic Chiefs fan. You know because they are so dominant now.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21
    **** this ****.

I don't remember ever being so mad after a loss. **** Norv Turner and his supid ******* drive killing plays, he he runs that ******* draw to Sproles again I'm............going to write a really NASTY letter!.......:lol:
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Brundlefly

Ratings Received:
    +262 / 4 / -0
    Why are you here? His arm was moving forward with the ball still in his hand. Do you not have eyes?
  12. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    I agree with going for the TD on the last drive, cuz i don't trust nate to make a FG
  13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Shouldn't you be on a Chiefs board touting your vastly improved offense right now? Oh, wait...
  14. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Here's the difference. We dn;t make excuses for our losses. We also don;t pretend to be the best team in football while not being able to back up our talk.

The chiefs are a building team that is a bit ahead of the curve. I DO believe that because of the schedule, and the weak teams in our division, that we will win the West, but that is not because we are dominant.

With a 2 game cushion and the easiest remaining schedule in football, I like our chances. The only playoff teams from last year we have left to play are SD (who we have already beaten once as you well know) and Arizona.
  15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Those aren't excuses *******, those are the facts of the situation. Big difference. Not to worry Bolt faithful, the cream will rise to the top of the afc west....again.
  16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    Tough pill to swallow but we didn't see a championship effort by the Chargers today. Even Rivers contributed to this fiasco, it's time to after people and turn this thing around.
  17. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    BUSTER DAVIS IS A SORRY AZZ REPLACEMENT FOR VINCENT JACKSON.

GET VJ BACK ON THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21
    Rivers choked under pressure, as much as the rest of the team did.
  19. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I actually feel pretty good despite the loss. You cannot go a whole season with such ridiculous things happening.

We lost no ground today. Blew a great opportunity but we get into this position every year. No reason to panic unless we find a way to lose to the Rams. Then by all means panic.
  20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah we have one problem atm...his name is Matt Cassel. We wont be dominant until we get a real NFL quarterback, but we are good enough to win the west.

I am very pleased with the development of our young team. Our defense held Peyton Manning scoreless at home. That has almost never been done.

We lost a close game on the road without having even an average quarterback. We are in good shape for a playoff run this year and a deeper run when we get the final piece.
  21. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    One further necessary trait of a head coach who has control of the play calling, is to call the right play for the situation. Once again Norv called the wrong plays and killed a couple drives. What on earth was he doing running on 3rd and long situation when the running game had already proven sketchy?

He's been doing this for years.

Otherwise, I agree with your post.
  22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21
    Buster was never supposed to be the replacement you douche, it was Floyd.
  23. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,106 / 34 / -21

We're 0-2 in the division, we havn't even faced a legitimate playoff caliber team yet.
  24. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Ho hum. Blah blah.

Good luck to you in Houston.
  25. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Blaming those things WHILE in the same breath claiming to be better than your opposition shows both a stunning arrogance as well as a total lack of common sense.

Blaming the rain that falls on both teams is a pathetic excuse.

Blaming fumbles shows a basic lack of comprehension for fundamentals of football.

Blaming special teams play does the same.

Blaming the refs is the bottom of the spiral of denial.

Soon you will pass into the stage of acceptance.
  26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...it'll be a tough game. Luckily, even if we lose, we'll be in FIRST place lol.

Thanks for keepin the pressure WAY down.
  27. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    if we can't beat these horrible teams we are screwed
  28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    Flukes happen in the NFL, just look at your team. It will all come crumbling down, enjoy the ride while you can.
  29. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    My, my, my...what a gracious winner you are. ;)
  30. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +85 / 0 / -1
    The reasons for the loss are obvious, Poor special Teams play, Turnovers and Bad mistakes. That has happened in almost all our games.
    But today the Defense decided to self destruct at the worst time. This teamhas a lot of problems. But hopefuly we can somehow fix all this and still salvage the season. Its real bad when you got trolls from other AFC West teams talking smack here. We have hit a new low fellas. The playing field is now leveled. We are no longer the biggset baddest team in the West. The little guys are catching up, in a big way. We have no excuses to make we have beat oursevles in all our losses. That is it. Now we need to man up and go forward. We are at a crossroads as a team I think. We either turn it around or collapse . That is our only options.