1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers and Raider Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Riveria dropped 8 into coverage more than a few times on 3rd and long during the 2nd half. Don't agree with that approach with our defense. We can have 11 back and still not cover the middle of the field. He has got to have the balls to blitz on 3rd down and get those long drives stopped.
  2. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    LOL This is why you are destined for failure and disappointment. You are incapable of dealing with reality. Chiefs fans are realistic (this year). Most of us will be happy with clear progress (as we have already seen) and a legitimate run at the playoffs.

Chargers fans are still under the mistaken assumption that their pathetic excuse for a team is a championship caliber team.

The truth is, the window of opportunity was closing on this team before the season began. Their lack of fundamental skills has hastened that closure.

They may possibly make things interesting, reaching for the playoffs, but not being able to play in rain, not being able to hang on to the ball, not being able to p[lay ANY special teams, means this team is an utter pushover for the better teams in the AFC.
  3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Like phyllis dipshyt? You're a tool, and a fuqin rusty one at that if you think you're taking the west. Don't you have some shytty bbq ribs to shove up your azz?
  4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    Chargers should be dominating Oakland!

If we can't beat teams like Seattle, Oakland and the Chiefs...how the hell are we going to beat New England, Tennessee, Houston, Indianapolis...DENVER EVEN!!!

We could so easily play really well and still end up 8-8!!
  5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I wasn't watching, but Jim Trotter just tweeted that Tony Dungy basically said turner has not had his team ready to play on the road, and that it has lacked discipline.

Did anyone catch that?
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    We'll see what happens, teams lose games and that's nothing new. When a team loses they lose, it can't be changed or overlooked but changes can be made to improve play and I'm sure that will happen.
  7. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    U Mad huh? lol

I'd be mad too if my team was in a freefall to obscurity. I feel for ya. I was there about 4 years ago.

You may have a QB that puts up nice stats, but he's no winner. He's a little baby who cries and makes excuses for himself. He will never win it all with this team.

Even if he is a good talent, the team cant win because it cannot play special teams or take care of the ball, two FUNDAMENTAL aspects of successful football.

I would much rather have a fundamentally sound team full of superstars in the making on the way UP than an aging, mistake-prone team sinking farther and farther each week.
  8. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    That's a healthy attitude.
  9. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 2 / -1
    All I can say is...that doesn't surprise me...one...little...bit
  10. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You are what your record is. Stats only matter in fantasy football. You cannot turn the ball over and fail to play special teams. If you do, you are NOT better than your opponent. You are....what we thought you were.
  11. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0

You're still there, you are deranged. I'm not mad, but I would knock the **** out of you provided your person was anywhere near me, what do you call that Dr. Phil? Displaced anger?
  12. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    LOL Oh poor poor delusional DOLT. You could take a shot, but just like your team...you'd come up short :)
  13. S.D.Love

S.D.Love New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    OK THEN DOUCHE,

BUSTER DAVIS IS A SORRY AZZ REPLACEMENT FOR FLOYD, WHO MOVED UP TO REPLACING VINCENT JACKSON

HOW MANY TIMES DID DAVIS CATCH THE BALL TODAY??? ONCE??!!!!

GET VJ BACK ON THIS TEAM!~
  14. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Like every other fan of the feather you won't be here long. Enjoy your stay though, I know how shytty your forums are so I don't blame you for frequenting here. Now be a good Chiefs fan and clog your arteries to the point of your ultimate demise.
  15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I think you don't understand the fundamentals of football. If a player runs out of his lane or misses an easy block/tackle on special teams, then he is at fault. It wasn't that the opposition made a great play. It was that the Charger player did not execute a fundamental play. So to say that the Chargers are losing because they lack fundamentals is not wrong. It's absolutely correct.

Props to the Raiders/Chiefs/Seahawks for making enough plays to win the game. But if the Chargers execute the fundamentals, they don't lose those games. It's really that simple. To say that, does not mean I'm in denial. It means i'm dealing with the reality of the situation.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    It took 7 years and a 12point spot for the Raiders to finally win this game. The Chargers... are not very good.

meh
  17. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    You make the assumption that the Chargers can't correct their mistakes. That's a bold assumption. The Chargers were 2-3 last season after getting beaten soundly at home by the Donks. Then, they won their next 11 and won the division going away.

The fact that the Chargers have given three games away does not mean they will continue to do so. This team has shown in the past that they can turn things around midseason and play better. I think this year can be the same.
  18. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings Received:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Our special teams are terrible. Our team is great minus turnovers,
  19. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Well said.
  20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    And?
  21. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You just made my point. The chargers do not execute fundamentals. That is why they are a losing team.
  22. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    After week 1, I was told on THESE forums that the chargers had corrected their mistakes and would steamroll the division as the Chiefs ONLY won because of bad weather and "one or two mistakes on ST"

After the Seattle game, I was told on these forums that ST mistakes are FLUKES and would be corrected.

Now you tell me that the ST are nothing to worry about and you will correct them.

I am sorry to be so rude by applying basic logic, but if ST are so DAMN easy to fix, and the chargers are only losing on "flukes" doesn't it make the team even more pathetic that they don't fix them?

The truth is yes...and no.

At this point, every team in the NFL has clear strengths and weaknesses. The chiefs have a serious lack of production from the QB position. so far, it has only cost us one game against Peyton Manning's Colts.

The chargers' weaknesses have caused them to drop 3 games.

I would say that's a rather serious flaw.

You can shore up ST some, but you can only use the resources you have. As important as ST though is the fact that your team does not take care of the ball.

If you cannot take care of the ball or play ST, your team will not win many games.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,282 / 12 / -5
    I have to wonder...

See, I don't dispute many of the things you say. I just find it funny that you're the one telling us what our team is/isn't. I just wonder if you'd be here spouting off if your team wasn't 3-1. Flip the record to 1-3, with the one victory being aganst the Chargers. Would you still be here doing the same thing? I don't think so.

Just my observation. Enjoy being atop the division. Lord knows we know how short that time can be. :D
  24. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    He's such an expert on what's wrong with teams, why hasn't he been hounding the Chiefs front office for years? Just another douche who will be gone when his teams record matches it's abilities. Que sera sera.
  25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Doesn't suprise you that Dungy said it or that Trotter repeated it? I personally think it is a very valid point, but I am sure most of you would have guessed that
  26. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    The point you miss is that it's not an excuse to say that they beat themselves. The other team is not responsible for them not executing. The Chargers are responsible. The beat themselves.
  27. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Fumbles and special teams errors are a helluva lot easier to fix than having a piss poor QB.
  28. thebaldraider

thebaldraider BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ANSWER:UH.............................................NO!
  29. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Trust me. The Faiders and Chefs are both going down when you come to our house. You'll see....
  30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    It could be worse. We could be Niner fans chanting "We Want Carr!!! We Want Carr!"

Pathetic. Samurai Mike is Fuucked.