1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers and Raider Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SDRaiderH8er, Oct 10, 2010.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    Exactly my point. It's bad enough to come to another team's board to rub in a loss when your team wins. But to do it when your team also loses? It's sort of like admitting that you don't think much of your own team.
  2. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Oh man, don't take it SO seriously. I am not here to "rub it it" (except for a couple of the more ridiculously belligerent people here, who, I admit, I do get a perverse enjoyment out of watching get worked up into a frenzy). I am not one of these trolls that only shows up after losses and blasts people. I have been here all year (granted, the year started out pretty good for me as a Chiefs fan lol), and have been pretty consistent win or loss.

I enjoy these forums because my best friend is a die hard Chargers fan, and I have spent a lot of time back and forth from Kansas City and San Diego, and I love both towns VERY much. I love the gaslamp district in SD almost as much as I love the Plaza in KC. I love my fish tacos AND Gates BBQ lol. I am a long time Padres fan (which is almost as hard as being a Royals fan!), and I love PETCO field as much as I love the K. I have some fun at the charger's expense much the same way I razz on my brothers and cousins. We can be brutal to each other, but in the end, we're in the same family.

Truth be told, I have rooted for the Chargers to carry the AFC West flame into the playoffs these years that my Chiefs have been rebuilding. I much prefer to see the Bolts on top than the Raiders and certainly the Donkeys. I may not like certain attitudes of certain fans, but that's the same for all teams. There are many Chiefs fans that I find insufferable too.

The truth as I see it is, both teams have some passionate fan bases, which is a good thing. From my perspective, the Chiefs are young and fun, but have a long way to go still. We are surprising even to ourselves this year, but we're enjoying whatever we get. The Chargers are where the Chiefs were in the early-mid 2000s. You've won the division a lot. You've made the playoffs consistently. Now you're trying to get over that hump, and you feel the chilling breath of time sapping away some of the youthful exuberance that once defined the core of this team. It's tougher to take the losses and harder to enjoy even the wins when a team gets to this stage. I felt it accutely with our disappointing playoff losses in the final Vermeil years. You are playing with expectations and when reality plays havoc with those expectations, it makes for a stressfull season. The Chiefs, in comparison, are playing with no expectations, and are just enjoying the road.

Now, if things go according to plans, we hope to build some pretty heavy expectations for ourselves. We will see. Time will tell.
  3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    What's the truth? That the chiefs were where we are now three years ago? That we have a slim chance at pulling together and winning our division? That we shouldn't expect what happened last year to repeat? Weren't the Bronco's 6-0 at this time while we were 2-3? We are a game and a half out of first right now, much different story he is right about that, the gap is much smaller to overcome.

Sorry for assuming you were agreeing though, that was my bad, that's how i took it. I wouldn't think you would press the panic button so early. I also expect the Chiefs to collapse, not depending on it to save our season. They have solid components but not close to a dominant team, you know it, I know it, everyone in the world but the Chiefs fans know it. No big deal, I was over the loss ten minutes after the game. I won't however sit idle when illogical Miss Cleo predicts our path and states our team is in a position it is not. I refuse to say this is a bad team, I've seen bad Chargers teams and am very used to it so I have no problem identifying it, same with you I presume.
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    as much as all that is true, we still gave away the game. We did not block, and we did not tackle. We let 2 punts be blocked, can we blame refs on them?

We held the Raiders all day long until the 4th Quarter. Then when we had them pinned up inside the 20, we let them drive the field. Can we blame the refs for that?
  5. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6

who phucking cares what you think?

If we put this troll on Ignore, we would not have to worry about him anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be my last response to him!

FREAKING TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHUCUK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    The truth that we are not that good of a team and that our division rivals are not that bad anymore. I think the Chiefs are 100% LEGIT and at this moment in time I don't see any reason other than inexperience why they can't take this division this year. We are already 0-2 and we're gonna need help now.
  7. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    I don't think we are in need of help just yet, at least not from other teams. We still have those 2 losses to make up at home. I don't think the Chiefs are as horrid as they have been of recent memory but I doubt greatly they will win this division, just as much as he doubts we can win it. We are a game and a half back, and very lucky considering the ways we have found to give games away so early.
  8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,069 / 30 / -0
    I'm not taking it seriously, not pizzed aobut it. Just stating my opinion. It's hard to say you aren't here to "rub it in" when you come here after a heartbreaking loss and start mocking the posters for their opinions. Of course you are going to ruffle people's feathers. You know that.

I would much rather see the Chiefs win the division than either the Donks or the Turds. Chiefs fans are very cool. Going to arrowhead in '94 to watch the Bolts beat Montana and the Chiefs was one of the best fan experiences of my life. The fans were very welcoming. The stadium was fantastic. And I haven't even mentioned Gates BBQ. Best. BBQ. Ever. Someone took us to the KC Masterpiece restaurant the day after going to Gates and I was like, "What the hell is this, some kind of sick phucking joke?

Props to the Chiefs for what they have done. Their defense is legit. Brandon Flowers in particular has been very impressive.
  9. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    So you're banking your entire season on the illogical hope that one of the all time greatest collapses in NFL history will occur twice in successive years, both times allowing your fundamentally flawed team to back its way into the playoffs?

Okay. Good Luck.

BTW, the Chiefs remaining schedule is about 10 times softer than Denver's last year. Just food for thought.

Speaking of food...back to my burnt ends, courtessy of Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ, KCMO :)
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    You'll be surprised how many people here DO believe that way.
  11. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I was at that game :( lol.

BTW, next time you're here, try Fiorella's Jack Stack, Authur Bryant's and Oklahoma Joe's. Gates is AWESOME. I love it. But the great thing about KC BBQ is that there are so many places that have their own special twists, and they're all great.

Where's a good place I should go in SD to get a defining culinary experience? :)
  12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    the person you are talking with is nothing more than a troll. I have him on my ignore list, and it makes the ignore feature hard to work when you quote him.
  13. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Well, I guess it could happen. I won't sit here and say the Chiefs can't collapse at the end of the year with a young team, but, barring injury, I see this team ascending rather than descending. Even in a loss we seem to be getting better. Our defense looks not only legit, but is showing signs of elite level potential (holding Manning to zero TDs and under 300 yards and being one of the best against the run). IF (and it's a big if) we can keep playing defense like that, we're a playoff team even without a good QB.
  14. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    LOL
  15. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    The broncos were 6-0 slick, you are 3-1, not such a big mountain to climb in comparison is it. I get the sense you are getting as much as you can out of the current state of the afc west, and I don't blame you.
  16. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Like meat in a smoker taste different with no mountains around lol. Kc is decent, been there. Memphis and NC much better for my dollar.
  17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    Sounds like a you problem, because I don't think 65TPT is much of a troll, but I will refrain from quoting since you asked.

That's the reason I don't use the ignore. I tried to use it years ago w/ B4L but everyone constantly quoted him, multiple times, rendering it moot.
  18. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0

You still can't get by the Colts, I remember when we couldn't either. Give it a few years you might be close to tops in the league.
  19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Memphis does it right, to be sure, but North Carolina is disgusting. Thin runny sauce. No layered flavors. KC and Memphis BBQ is lightyears ahead of Texas or NC BBQ. Plus, in KC, there are literally hundreds of incredible smoke houses and BBQs, and on Sundays...they ALL set up shop in the Arrowhead parking lot.
  20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I don't know many teams that can say they've held Manning to no TDs and less than 300 yards..in Indy. I don't think there's a team in the league that would feel comfortable going in there.
  21. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Then what are you so worried about? If you weren't so concerned you wouldn't be posting about it every few minutes. It's almost like you're trying to convince yourself.
  22. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Wrong again, NC runny sauce is excellent when you know what you're doing. Sweet thick sauce is pretty nasty to me. Nc has multiple layers flavors apparently you've never been to a pig pickin? Texas is not my cup of tea as I don't prefer bbq beef. The only real variable is the sauce, and NCs is an acquired taste, however if I were from KC I'd probably homer up and agree with you but I know better.
  23. !~BOLT~!

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Because you have a thousand posts in this thread and so much bullshyt to weed through it's hard to cover it all. I'm not worried, que sera sera. If we miss the post season it won't be the first season I've witnessed with the same outcome.

Oh and when you're in SD you should eat anywhere in Lincoln Park and make sure to dress in all red.
  24. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I went to a pig pickin. It was Monday Night football at Arrowhead Stadium. Those SoCal pigs were DELICIOUS! ;)
  25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Could yall get back to talkin pig skin and not pulled pork... yer makin me hungray!!!!
  26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    If you think the only real variable in BBQ is the sauce, then you know less about BBQ than you do football!
  27. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Is that a no then?